Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

I'm not sold on Rebrov at all. Great player and all, but to me that'd be a Caixinha type appointment.

Completely honestly, I think it's an embarrassing suggestion to be wanting to poach a manager from the fucking UAE who's only achievements are winning one team farmers' leagues.

28 minutes ago, YankeeGer said:

I'm not sold on Rebrov at all. Great player and all, but to me that'd be a Caixinha type appointment.

Completely honestly, I think it's an embarrassing suggestion to be wanting to poach a manager from the fucking UAE who's only achievements are winning one team farmers' leagues.

I appreciate the sentiment but that’s daft mate, nothing like Caixinha

19 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’m not even in the Rebrov camp but that’s such a lazy comparison tbh :lol:

Rebrov has won multiple honours in Hungary and Ukraine, managed in the Europa League and Champions League and has experience of British football from his playing days.

Caixinha had won one league title in Mexico and was somebody only the most hipster of hipsters would have heard of before he was linked with us.

I don't think even the ultimate football hipster knew who Pedro was 🤣

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Absolutely everyone knew it was going to be terrible apart from those in the board room.

Was a mental appointment, can remember when he came out of nowhere everyone knew it was going to be him cos it was that left field :lol: 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I’ll always struggle to believe Pedro actually happened. Such a shameful appointment and what a complete embarrassment he was

He destroyed some long standing records that season. Aberdeen finally beat us at Ibrox in my lifetime that year 

Celtic brothers :ang: 

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think Caixinha was the worst managerial appointment we’ve ever made. Guys like McCoist, McCall, Murty & Warburton weren’t great but at least there was some semblance of logic behind them all. Caixinha was a “what the actual fuck” appointment from the moment his name came up.

Mind his first press conference he spent about 5 minutes talking about Dougie Imrie and his stats 😂 

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think Caixinha was the worst managerial appointment we’ve ever made. Guys like McCoist, McCall, Murty & Warburton weren’t great but at least there was some semblance of logic behind them all. Caixinha was a “what the actual fuck” appointment from the moment his name came up.

100%

Easily the worst manager in the club's history. 

20 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Throwing Warburton in with them is harsh to be honest.

He turned out to be a prick with how he left, but genuinely could actually be a better manager than Gerrard.

He actually had us playing well for a good period with an absolute dross squad. He was not backed anywhere near enough when we got back to the top flight.

If we had given him the same budget as Gerrard got, then I would have backed him to do significantly better than he did.

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Anyone think Neil Critchley will be on the shortlist?

Longlist probably don't think he would get any serious consideration. Really think Parker and Marsch will be the frontrunners and wouldn't be surprised if Russell Martin was heavily linked as well.