Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

6 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Your argument is tragic. Fulham sit higher than Liverpool in the table, do you think they have a bigger budget? They still play great football. What about QPR compared to Norwich or St Mirren compared to Hearts. The two things aren’t mutually exclusive. 

Not sure if serious. 

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Initially my thinking was that I thought he will be our next manager but it wouldn’t be my choice, but the more I think about it the more I think he’s exactly the manger that we need.

I think he’s far more switched on as a manager, coach and tactician than people give him credit for. I don’t think we we would suddenly turn into Pep’s City under him, but there’s no way he would come to us and think hammering it into the channels would be the most effective way to win games either.

Good coaches learn and adapt. We’ve seen that with Howe at Newcastle for example. Another manager who could seemingly only do one thing, which happened to be the opposite of Dyche in the sense that his teams play nice football but can’t defend for shit, but now he’s adapted and has Newcastle as one of the best defensive teams in the whole league.

Why couldn’t Dyche adapt to us?

In all seriousness about Dyche I would hope that if he's ever in contention this is exactly the type of thing he's being asked.

Maybe he'd be excited by coaching a team into an attractive footballing outfit and has all sorts of ideas about how he'd achieve that.

If it's clear his 'philosophy' for the want of a better word is direct percentage based football and he'd want to recruit to fit that style then for me we should steer well clear.

4 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Because you’ve realised you’ve made a cunt of it? Cheers for coming along Frank. 

I haven't made a cunt of it at all, you're waffling for the sake of it and I genuinely don't even know the point you're trying to make anymore.

Dyche Burnley team that won the championship as said the other day scored lots of goals, conceded little an had a huge points tally, they played good football and won the league well.

Went on a 23 game unbeaten run and scored 72 goals losing only 5 games.

he changed style in the EPL

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I haven't made a cunt of it at all, you're waffling for the sake of it and I genuinely don't even know the point you're trying to make anymore.

You have made a cunt of it, I’ve just given you clear examples of how budget does not define your style of play and now you can no longer debate it. 

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

You have made a cunt of it, I’ve just given you clear examples of how budget does not define your style of play and now you can no longer debate it. 

No you haven't you've named some random examples of certain teams league positions in October.

59 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Don't know if it's just me but I could not give a shit about attractive football. Much better to celebrate a league win at the end of the season than be entertained most weeks at Ibrox and win nothing.

In my life time the only times we have played really attractive football on a consistent basis was under Advocaat and Warburton. Give me 5 at the back Walter Smith 94-97 any day of the week over either of them.

I’d prefer good football but Walter and Eck gave me some of the best memories of my life 

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

No you haven't you've named some random examples of certain teams league positions in October.

The fact you actually believe that you can only play a certain way if you have a smaller budget than others shows you up as not being much of a football fan Frank, to be quite honest. 

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

I’d prefer good football but Walter and Eck gave me some of the best memories of my life 

See when Eck had quality players from the turn of the year 2002 until May 2003 we were excellent as well!

The fact you actually believe that you can only play a certain way if you have a smaller budget than others shows you up as not being much of a football fan Frank, to be quite honest. 

See the next time you're going to try and act condescending mate, maybe try and make a valid point before you do it. You won't look as much of an idiot if you do.

Just now, The Dude said:

There are countless clubs who have a more pleasing style of football on a fraction of our budget.

Think the point he is making is that Dyche’s style at Burnley was likely pragmatic and an attempt to achieve with less resource than most other clubs therefore no guarantee he’d be the same if he came here 

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

See the next time you're going to try and act condescending mate, maybe try and make a valid point before you do it. You won't look as much of an idiot if you do.

I’m not being condescending at all Frank, I’m just calling you out for talking utter pish and then not being able to back it up. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Don't know if it's just me but I could not give a shit about attractive football. Much better to celebrate a league win at the end of the season than be entertained most weeks at Ibrox and win nothing.

In my life time the only times we have played really attractive football on a consistent basis was under Advocaat and Warburton. Give me 5 at the back Walter Smith 94-97 any day of the week over either of them.

Not one person is arguing in favour of attractive football and winning nothing over league titles.

It doesn't have to be an either/or choice.

You've done a huge disservice to 94-97 Walter Smith's team btw.

I’m not being condescending at all Frank, I’m just calling you out for talking utter pish and then not being able to back it up. 

Mate you literally set out criteria for what our next manager should be then refused to give a name who fits that criteria :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Think the point he is making is that Dyche’s style at Burnley was likely pragmatic and an attempt to achieve with less resource than most other clubs therefore no guarantee he’d be the same if he came here 

Anyone with a brain cell can see that's what I'm saying. @Brackley Bluenose doesn't have a brain cell though.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Anyone with a brain cell can see that's what I'm saying. @Brackley Bluenose doesn't have a brain cell though.

Sean Dyche managed Burnley in the premier league for a very long time and never once moved their style on in all of that period despite them claiming all of the riches the premier league has to offer. That would be a huge alarm bell for me. He’s been out of work 6 months, if he’s that good a manager why is he not back in work yet? 

3 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Sean Dyche managed Burnley in the premier league for a very long time and never once moved their style on in all of that period despite them claiming all of the riches the premier league has to offer. That would be a huge alarm bell for me. He’s been out of work 6 months, if he’s that good a manager why is he not back in work yet? 

Maybe wanted a break? There’s plenty of great managers who spend more than 6 months out. :lol: