Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

6 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Unemployed manager who has been overlooked for every decent EPL job that has become available and turned down the shite one he was offered, whats unrealistic about it?

Cash for a start and i don't think this board have the brains or ambition to go for someone as high profile. If that makes sense. Plus he's probably one of the better options out there for us so it's a certainty they're going to go else where and make a arss of it. 

1 hour ago, Finny said:

Cash for a start and i don't think this board have the brains or ambition to go for someone as high profile. If that makes sense. Plus he's probably one of the better options out there for us so it's a certainty they're going to go else where and make a arss of it. 

Money maybe but dunno how you can say the board that brought in Gerrard and Van Bronckhorst wouldn't go for someone as 'high profile' as Sean Dyche?

7 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

We fell into the same trap with van Bronckhorst.

An array of names gets whittled down to a very short list and then people coalesce around a single name and, before you know it, some cunts are tracking flights from Holland to Scotland.

We must keep our options wide open and realise that our new manager might well be someone totally out of the blue.

Like Pedro Caixinha? He was out of the blue and of fuck all use.

Just because the Tim’s got lucky with Postecoglu doesn’t mean that a left field appointment is the way to go.

Unknown or well known, it’s always a gamble. 

Paul la Guen won 3 consecutive Ligue 1 titles and 2 cups with Lyon and had a great reputation yet couldn’t control the Ibrox dressing room and lasted 9 months in the job.

McLeish was a journeyman manager before taking over yet won 2 leagues titles, 2 Scottish cups and 3 league cups at Rangers.

Dyche wouldn’t be my first choice but he shouldn’t be ruled out because Burnley got relegated. The same thing happened with Eddie Howe at Bournemouth yet look what he’s doing at Newcastle.

Not sure why but I’ve never really had much time for Dyche but he was on Talksport yesterday and he completely changed my opinion, he came across really well.

30 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Potter and Howe have set the trend for British managers. Two mid table EPL jobs have come up in the last month and they went for Nathan Jones and Michael Beale over Dyche. He's either going to have to embrace being the new big Sam or try something different to prove he is more than just that.

The board would have to back him financially and I certainly don't think he's the type of character to be a yes man he could certainly be a risk worth taking.

10 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Absolutely no idea. I’ve said all along that I think we will initially be linked with the “bigger” British names like Dyche and Parker but they will be beyond us financially and I think the board will go for the hipster type appointment like Knutsen and then try to spin it as visionary and forward thinking to the support. I have zero faith in their ability to get it right when the time for change comes tbh.

Think it will be somebody who’s currently unemployed 

10 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Potter and Howe have set the trend for British managers. Two mid table EPL jobs have come up in the last month and they went for Nathan Jones and Michael Beale over Dyche. He's either going to have to embrace being the new big Sam or try something different to prove he is more than just that.

Nathan Jones seems to have a Dyche style approach albeit different formation - low possession, direct, play to target men etc. which makes it all the more odd Southampton have gone for him over Dyche.

Barak Bakhar (Maccabi Haifa manager) for me 5 league titles in 7 years with 2 different teams in Israel.

Won Beersheva their first league title in 40 years and won them 3 in a row!

Currently doing 2 in a row going for 3 in a row with Maccabi Haifa, Go them into Champions League group stage this season beating Olympiacos and Crvena Zvezda Belgrade in qualifiers and then actually won a game (against Juve)

Instils a belief in his squad that anything is possible!

His Goalkeeping coach is the set play coach so that might not go down well with some lol.

10 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

It’s definitely the latest trend in the same way that everybody decided they wanted German managers a few years ago. Think that Jones is a mental appointment for Southampton by the way. Reeks is an acceptance that they are going down and he’ll be the one tasked with getting them up again. 

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Michael Beale is giving off massive “I’ve got a new girlfriend but I’ve still not got over my ex” vibes recently. Every time a microphone is put in front of him he seems to bring us up :lol:

It was an interview about his time here so hard not to speak about us. Just add this one to the numerous others that are very good. Was my first choice after the Gerrard news but once it was announced he was going too I shifted onto Gio. Still my first choice now. Sorry but he just gets it and has a style that wins. Only issue is having a board that accepts 2nd best.

7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

It was an interview about his time here so hard not to speak about us. Just add this one to the numerous others that are very good. Was my first choice after the Gerrard news but once it was announced he was going too I shifted onto Gio. Still my first choice now. Sorry but he just gets it and has a style that wins. Only issue is having a board that accepts 2nd best.

Maybe realises he's fucked it with qpr and looking to jump ship???

Just now, esquire8 said:

The opposite. Still doing well with QPR and finding his feet as a manager. Think this interview was part of his trip up here recently. 

That went clean over your head as well lol.

But yeah he should stick with qpr for the time being and develop as a manager