Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

46 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We’re not paying 5-6 million to get rid of Gio and his staff then paying compensation for another manager.

it’ll be someone cheap to buy out or someone out a job.

Yeah you are probably right, tbh makes any list all the more depressing.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We’re not paying 5-6 million to get rid of Gio and his staff then paying compensation for another manager.

it’ll be someone cheap to buy out or someone out a job.

Exactly hopefully someone that knows the demands of the club and has good leadership qualities :whistle:

45 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

I'm not promoting Martindale as we should be aiming higher however it has nothing to do with his criminal record. He's made a mistake in life like we all do and he's paid his dues for doing so it certainly shouldn't be held against him forever. 

We all dont get involved in international drug dealing.

If Gio is to go, we need to bring in a manager who is a man of stature. A real leader of men. Graeme Souness, Walter Smith, Dick Advocaat and dare I say it Gerrard all have these qualities that for me a Rangers manager must have. 

I’d like to have a real 1st class figurehead with a 1st class coaching team behind him… None of the managers I’ve seen have what I look for in a Rangers manager. 

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We all dont get involved in international drug dealing.

As I said we all make mistakes you'll probably have no idea what his situation was at that time but he served his time therefore should be allowed to get on with his life. I don't want Martindale as I believe we should be aiming higher. 

2 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

If Gio is to go, we need to bring in a manager who is a man of stature. A real leader of men. Graeme Souness, Walter Smith, Dick Advocaat and dare I say it Gerrard all have these qualities that for me a Rangers manager must have. 

I’d like to have a real 1st class figurehead with a 1st class coaching team behind him… None of the managers I’ve seen have what I look for in a Rangers manager. 

Careful as one of the names you mentioned is available 

Just now, Kylegib said:

As I said we all make mistakes you'll probably have no idea what his situation was at that time but he served his time therefore should be allowed to get on with his life. I don't want Martindale as I believe we should be aiming higher. 

He wouldnt get a job in my work, or being a teacher, or a cop.

He shouldnt get a job as the Rangers manager.

Me not wanting Martindale has zero to do with his history of drug dealing and everything to do with the fact he just isn’t good enough. 

Going to be honest I wouldn’t care at all if a manager came to us and had a previous conviction of drug dealing if they were the best person for the job, it just wouldn’t bother me. 

The link made a few posts ago between paedos and drug dealers is absolutely wild btw 

6 minutes ago, Mor3los_1 said:

Knutsen is still my preferred choice, intrigued with the Maccabi Haifa manager that was linked at the weekend, has won 5 Israeli league titles with 2 different clubs and got Haifa into the CL Groups this year and did alot better than us.

He won 1 and lost 5, last 2 games were 6-1 and 7-2 defeats, hardly impressive

Anybody think the board will wait until after the World Cup and appoint someone who leave their national team when the tournament ends… Luis Enrique/Roberto Martinez?  Luis Enrique is my preferred option. 😂😂

Lunatic

Anybody think the board will wait until after the World Cup and appoint someone who leave their national team when the tournament ends… Luis Enrique/Roberto Martinez?  Luis Enrique is my preferred option. 😂😂

I don't actually think the board have any intention of sacking him

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

He won 1 and lost 5, last 2 games were 6-1 and 7-2 defeats, hardly impressive

More impressive than us although that wasn't overly difficult. Having a manager that has a style and wants to play attacking football against absolute jobber teams shouldn't be a difficult task but then i see that half of the poll wants Sean Dyche so who knows, maybe long hoofs up the park is the future.