First XI if fit

ElBufalo20

Nobody at the club is good/available enough to be our first choice striker. Needs addressed in the summer and Morelos let go. Colak can be the back up striker and Roofe a luxury when fit assuming we can't move him in. Sakala an additional option/cover for ST and the wings.

9 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

How can Yilmaz and Raskin be First XI picks when nobody actually knows if they're any good (for us) yet? 

Yilmaz - we didn’t outlay that sort of cash for him To be second fiddle to a declining Barisic.

Beale said himself he wanted to sign starters, given his reputation I’d argue it’s a safe bet Raskin will be a regular very soon.

Some decent selections there, but for me, Tavernier needs replacing in the summer (it won't happen). However, the team is definitely looking much stronger.

If Raskin is as good as the hype and we get to the old version of Lawrence, then Beale has some selection headaches ahead of him.

Just out of interest, if both fully fit what do people think Morelos is that much better at than Roofe, other than holding up the ball. I think Roofe is a much better finisher, a lot better movement and tidier on the ball and they’re probably equal in running channels. If Roofe didn’t have his issues he’d be no where near us. 

Mcgregor

tav.           Goldson.  Davies.   Barasic

Raskin

Cantwell.   Tillman

sakala.             Morelos            Kent 

For most games at home, Tillman swap with, games that require to holding midfielder jack for Sakala with Tillman joining front 3 and jack sitting beside raskin

30 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Just out of interest, if both fully fit what do people think Morelos is that much better at than Roofe, other than holding up the ball. I think Roofe is a much better finisher, a lot better movement and tidier on the ball and they’re probably equal in running channels. If Roofe didn’t have his issues he’d be no where near us. 

Roofe is invisible in 85% of games and then pops up with a tap-in, similar to Colak's involvement and productivity. That still makes them both very important players.

Morelos is always involved and, when fit, is the overall better player.

If Beale likes two up front, Roofe & Morelos should be able to work wonders. Or Colak.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Roofe is invisible in 85% of games and then pops up with a tap-in, similar to Colak's involvement and productivity. That makes them both very important players.

Morelos is always involved and, when fit, is the overall better player.

If Beale likes two up front, Roofe & Morelos should be able to work wonders. Or Colak.

In a different set up - I think Morelos in the number 10 position can work well. He can come deep to pick up the ball, he's generally good at breaking lines with either a wide pass or through pass (has his moments that Beale has mentioned giving it away trying the worldie) and he has stength to bully defenders attacking balls from deep (either through pass or header).

But it's quite different to how we normally setup so I don't see Beale changing it just to accomodate him.

1 hour ago, Big Al 55 said:

The Morelos we’ve seen for around 10-12 months in nearly 6 years possibly.

Even then it can be argued Roofe is a far more composed finisher.

Can’t be argued at all. It’s an absolute fact that Roofe is a better finisher. 

59 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Roofe is very good in the air too. 

5 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Obviously the main problem is keeping everyone fit but the squad isn’t as bad if we can. What does everyone go for?

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Davies Yilmaz

Cantwell Tillman Raskin

Lawrence Kent

Roofe

Still got the likes of Morelos Hagi Colak Jack Kamara.

Tillman and Roofe out for Hagi and Colak for me

1 hour ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Mcgregor

tav.           Goldson.  Davies.   Barasic

Raskin

Cantwell.   Tillman

sakala.             Morelos            Kent 

For most games at home, Tillman swap with, games that require to holding midfielder jack for Sakala with Tillman joining front 3 and jack sitting beside raskin

Lawrence in place of sakala and Yilmaz in for Barasic for me but its crucial the manager stops playing 2 DMF at Ibrox and in most league games apart from maybe the tarrier games and hearts/hibs/sheep away. 

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Morelos is our best striker currently, no matter what shite people post nowadays because he’s out of form 

So he's not our best currently then??? or are you saying even when out of form he's still our best

as an aside, he's been out of form all in about 3 years since he joined.

1 hour ago, Helmutschone said:

Lawrence in place of sakala and Yilmaz in for Barasic for me but its crucial the manager stops playing 2 DMF at Ibrox and in most league games apart from maybe the tarrier games and hearts/hibs/sheep away. 

I don’t think we have seen enough of yilmaz to say he should be first choice and I think Lawrence is better as rotation with cantwell and Tillman, there’s no guarantee Tillman will be here next year either, but 100% agree on doing away with two holding mids domestically we have the players to go and press and play on the front foot