Teams don't fear us.

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

To who, apart from the tarriers who else have we lost by 3 or 4 to that other managers didnt? 

If you don’t want to count the champions league games then nobody, but even then if we want to just look at it domestically, he managed us for 12 months and he faced 12 different clubs in the SPFL in those 12 months. He dropped points against 9 of them. The only teams he didn’t drop any points against were Hearts, Dundee (who were the worst side in the league and got relegated) and Kilmarnock (who got promoted this season).

The players maybe have a lot to answer to, but as a Rangers manager in the SPFL, which is our bread and butter, he simply wasn’t up to it.

6 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

TBF one is over 6 years, the other just over 6 months.

What Id say is that’s scoring or not Morelos terrified their defence many a time and imo was instrumental in our wins.

I doubt anyone will ever say the same for Colak.

Exactly 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We're 13 games in and in most of them the attitude and tempo hasn't been there. Certainly not in both halves of games.

You've mentioned immediate, suddenly and instantaneous now on this thread. Several months and 13 games is neither to resolve several pretty blatant flaws. 

It's a squad of international players regularly puting less into games than guys nowhere near their quality. If something doesn't change we'll soon start dropping the points you state is inevitable. 

Whilst not expecting miracles, I can't get my head around why holding on at home against the likes of Thistle is tolerated let alone excused for reasons of confidence or lack of time in managerial role or anything else. We need to do better, now, or we'll come a cropper to a team who arent as good as us.- that's really not controversial.

We addressed our major flaw almost instantly, we are now winning games. 13 games unbeaten which is our best run in god know how’s long.

We are keeping more clean sheets now than we were under Gio. Yes, we still conceded stupid goals, but there’s been progress.

Certain players confidence has also improved, again not instantly, but you can see it happening every week - Barisic, Tillman, Morelos, Kent, Sakala - all playing better now than they were under Gio.

These are all things that have improved in the short term. There are other things that will take to improve and one of them is getting rid of some of these “International players” because we don’t want them, they don’t really fit into our system or they don’t want to get here. I don’t always agree with @Jimbeamjunior but he’s spot on when he says most of this squad has run it’s race and needs gutted.

The rest of this season is going to be a case of making the most of what we have to try and get results and see incremental improvements along the way. So far that’s happened, but yeah, poor results will inevitably come and they will frustrate the life out of all us when they do.

As far as the holding on against Partick, yeah it was a shit performed, we’ve had plenty of games against shit opposition where we’ve come out of the game and been like thank fuck we got through that over the years. It’s not a new thing. That’s why I can’t get my head around why you are blowing it up into such a big issue. Surely you’ve watched enough of us over the years to know that you sometimes just get days like that.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Im choking for the guy to fail? Fucking hell, most of the forum are letting beale away with the same shite performances that gio was slaughtered for, all because we are winning 

I want beale to succeed, i wanted gio to succeed, gio didnt and i lay the blame at the players door, and when/if beale doesn't I'll lay the blame at the door of the players as well as their attitude is still stinking against the dross of the league

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Im choking for the guy to fail? Fucking hell, most of the forum are letting beale away with the same shite performances that gio was slaughtered for, all because we are winning 

I want beale to succeed, i wanted gio to succeed, gio didnt and i lay the blame at the players door, and when/if beale doesn't I'll lay the blame at the door of the players as well as their attitude is still stinking against the dross of the league

We all loved Walter, mainly because he won but my god the performances were horrific to watch at times.

Winning is what Beale will be judged on and at the moment that's all he is doing. 

I can't believe we are still comparing Beale and Gio week after week. (or is it the same poster?)

The improvements are there to see. Beale is a baw hair from having a 100% record and many players are performing much better under the new management.

With our two January signings, I expect us to only get better.

Do teams fear us? They should.

12 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

It’s not. So if we win at the weekend. But Goldson, Davies and Tillman all break a leg. That wouldn’t matter? That wouldn’t have any effect on our future expected results?

You’re conflating two different things. A manager is judged on result. Win every game and all is rosy. 

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

It’s not. So if we win at the weekend. But Goldson, Davies and Tillman all break a leg. That wouldn’t matter? That wouldn’t have any effect on our future expected results?

We win the league with 38 grim performances, you complaining? Does the manager get put under pressure?

1st half Sunday and the Ross County game were a struggle due to unnecessary player rotation 

Start with your strongest side and then use subs if necessary 

That said, the difference with Beale is that he seems to know how to do what’s necessary to force the win

31 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We win the league with 38 grim performances, you complaining? Does the manager get put under pressure?

Not criticising Beale btw. I’m a fan and it takes time to change things. It’s just a weird and stupid quip that gets thrown around. Same reason I wanted Gio gone sooner. Because even though results were fine at the beginning. It was obvious that it wasn’t sustainable if we didn’t improve. The board took the view that domestic results were fine. And had no foresight. So we had to wait until the league was all but gone. If they’d acted sooner and not waited for the inevitable we might still be in a title race.

It’s trivially obvious that points on the board matter the most. That’s money banked.

But performances, injuries, signings, fitness etc. these are all indicators of how likely that run is to continue. And it’s wrong to say “results are all that matters”. Because if you’re playing shit. And nothing changes. Sooner or later results will

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I can't believe we are still comparing Beale and Gio week after week. (or is it the same poster?)

The improvements are there to see. Beale is a baw hair from having a 100% record and many players are performing much better under the new management.

With our two January signings, I expect us to only get better.

Do teams fear us? They should.

Well why dont they, why do teams like thistle come to ibrox abd have the balls to go toe to toe with us? 

Fact is bar the hearts game performances havent been better at all, 

We've had to come from behind in 6 games since the world cup ended, 

Results are all that matter however we are kidding ourselves on that performances lile recent ones bar hearts won't lead to dropped points or cup exits, we literally seen it with the last manager

You say players are performing much better under Beale, yet performances overall are still the same slow, turgid bollocks that allows opponents to get footholds in our game

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Well why dont they, why do teams like thistle come to ibrox abd have the balls to go toe to toe with us? 

Results are all that matter however we are kidding ourselves on that performances lile recent ones bar hearts won't lead to dropped points or cup exits, we literally seen it with the last manager

You say players are performing much better under Beale, yet performances overall are still the same slow, turgid bollocks that allows opponents to get footholds in our game

Because McCall knew he was leaving after it so had fuck all to lose.

53 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I think this is a nonsense argument tbh.

Winning is absolutely the most important thing, and winning games when not playing well is a really good trait to have.

But you don’t often win every game while failing to play well. It catches up eventually. Not many teams that go through every game as a real slog and still win trophies.

I don’t think we’ve been playing all that well, but I also don’t think it’s quite as bad as made out. Need to do better though if we want the cups this season. 

57 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Cup games are a different animal mate in any league in the world. Teams go for it. Look at the major upsets in the FA cup throughout the decades.

Everybody sets up a block against us in the league bar celtic and Hearts on that last occasion.

I think you need yer hole mate.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

You’re conflating two different things. A manager is judged on result. Win every game and all is rosy. 

Ha I’m not conflating anything. Firstly your “winning is all that matters” wasn’t specific to managers. Secondly most managers are-there are some exceptions. Also doesn’t mean it’s right. If you are playing shit and the board has the foresight to see that bad results are coming as a result. A competent board would make a change. Not wait like ours did till the league was gone. 

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Ha I’m not conflating anything. Firstly your “winning is all that matters” wasn’t specific to managers. Secondly most managers are-there are some exceptions. Also doesn’t mean it’s right. If you are playing shit and the board has the foresight to see that bad results are coming as a result. A competent board would make a change. Not wait like ours did till the league was gone. 

Wasn't it? Odd because I though it was in response to a post talking about Beale avoiding criticism because he was winning.

A 'competent' board would bin a manager who was winning games despite poor performances? Nonsense

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I think this is a nonsense argument tbh.

Winning is absolutely the most important thing, and winning games when not playing well is a really good trait to have.

But you don’t often win every game while failing to play well. It catches up eventually. Not many teams that go through every game as a real slog and still win trophies.

I don’t think we’ve been playing all that well, but I also don’t think it’s quite as bad as made out. Need to do better though if we want the cups this season. 

It’s not a nonsense argument, it’s fact.

4 hours ago, maverick1200 said:

We all loved Walter, mainly because he won but my god the performances were horrific to watch at times.

Winning is what Beale will be judged on and at the moment that's all he is doing. 

A lot more often than people care to admit! Both periods of his managerial stints.

I think winning these games with a fight and some drama, can be character building. Not bothered who fears us or otherwise as that is in the mind anyway. Fact is that in all these games under Beale, we are the team that has not been bettered.........no matter what has went on in the game.

That is a big thing.