Goalkeeper for the rest of the season

3 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

McCrorie is in the same bracket along with Jordan Mcmillan as to why do we keep giving out a new contract but never give them a chance???

For me in the 2 games he played he deserves a run to show exactly what he's capable of, however I do see the argument that we still have a Cup to play for and McGregor needs to keep playing. 

If you read my original post, I specifically said league only

4 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I'm not sure as to what age but McGregor was hitting mid twenties by the time he eventually got the gloves 2006 and that was because lietizi was garbage.....24 I reckon he would have been....I personally wouldn't be writing Mcrorie off on that example

Yes but McGregor was at least no2. McCrorie isn’t even challenging McLaughlin. 

If McCrorie can’t oust a 40yr old and a guy who fucked up so badly in a game against them and has never recovered, he never will. More frustratingly, why do we renew contracts if they never get game time, another waste of wages. Let the 3 of them go at end of season and start afresh. 

5 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

If McCrorie can’t oust a 40yr old and a guy who fucked up so badly in a game against them and has never recovered, he never will. More frustratingly, why do we renew contracts if they never get game time, another waste of wages. Let the 3 of them go at end of season and start afresh. 

It’s not really a waste of a wage because whether it’s McCrorie or somebody else we will probably have three keepers on the books.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s not really a waste of a wage because whether it’s McCrorie or somebody else we will probably have three keepers on the books.

Would imagine one keeper will move on and the other two will remain? 

You'd like to think McGregor will retire with the other two remaining as backup to a new number one.

And Greegs will stay No.1 for the rest of the season. 41, should be retiring and still the best at the club.

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It is, there are four GKs in the squad so #3 should be Wright so it’s a waste 

6 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Would imagine one keeper will move on and the other two will remain? 

You'd like to think McGregor will retire with the other two remaining as backup to a new number one.

And Greegs will stay No.1 for the rest of the season. 41, should be retiring and still the best at the club.

I think McLaughlin stays and sees his deal out tbh. We need a lot of signings this summer and signing a new number two, who is probably going to sit on the bench for about 95% of games anyway, seems like a bit of a waste of resources right now. We need to get the number one right first and focus on that.

I think McLaughlin stays and sees his deal out tbh. We need a lot of signings this summer and signing a new number two, who is probably going to sit on the bench for about 95% of games anyway, seems like a bit of a waste of resources right now. We need to get the number one right first and focus on that.

I was thinking that, and so long as McLaughlin is happy to stay as a backup keeper, we can do worse. 

A new no.1 is a must for the coming season.

Think he’s coming as close to being in the make or break position that McCrorie is. Don’t think either of them are going to make it with us.

RM was always touted as a number one but the livi loan spell didn’t show that 

For info, McGregor and Wright are out of contract this summer. Mclaughlin contracted to next summer, McCrorie to summer 2025. 

It mightn't be as easy as just saying get new keepers in if we can't get the latter 2 off the books.

I'd play McGregor whilst league and cups are still alive. It might be McCrorie gets the last few games either to prove his worth or put himself in a shop window. McLaughlin I don't really care if we don't see again.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

For info, McGregor and Wright are out of contract this summer. Mclaughlin contracted to next summer, McCrorie to summer 2025. 

It mightn't be as easy as just saying get new keepers in if we can't get the latter 2 off the books.

I'd play McGregor whilst league and cups are still alive. It might be McCrorie gets the last few games either to prove his worth or put himself in a shop window. McLaughlin I don't really care if we don't see again.

Can’t see JM being here next season mate 

9 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Can’t see JM being here next season mate 

Who would you like to see us get in mate? 

Generally speaking I want us to lower the age of the squad, but unless it’s a younger keeper with a decent amount of experience, maybe a couple of hundred games under their belt, I think i want us to go after an older, more experienced keeper. 

Obviously there would be exceptions to that, but I just think that’s what we need. Just not somebody as old as McGregor is :lol: