Goalkeeper for the rest of the season

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Who would you like to see us get in mate? 

Generally speaking I want us to lower the age of the squad, but unless it’s a younger keeper with a decent amount of experience, maybe a couple of hundred games under their belt, I think i want us to go after an older, more experienced keeper. 

Obviously there would be exceptions to that, but I just think that’s what we need. Just not somebody as old as McGregor is :lol:

I honestly don’t watch enough football anymore to know mate, we were linked with Gunn, can’t see it though, the boy we were linked with who went to palace last season could that be an option? 

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Most clubs have three recognised senior goalkeepers though. Why would we be any different?

Wright is no4 and is 23, he’s fine as a no3 so having a fourth is wasted wages when neither no3 or no4 are anywhere near the first team. MB has already said we’ve a bloated squad, I’m not sure why you’re debating the point that having four when the fourth is 23 is not one too many. You’re going on about three when we have four. 

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

Wright is no4 and is 23, he’s fine as a no3 so having a fourth is wasted wages when neither no3 or no4 are anywhere near the first team. MB has already said we’ve a bloated squad, I’m not sure why you’re debating the point that having four when the fourth is 23 is not one too many. You’re going on about three when we have four. 

Did you miss the post where I said I didn’t realise Wright was as old as he is yeah? :lol:

8 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

McCrorie is an enigma. Nobody really knows what he’s like as a keeper but keep on about him. 

he’s 25 and still not a regular. Says a lot tbh.  

McGregor was 24 when he finished his loan spell with Dunfermline 

6 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

McGregor was 24 when he finished his loan spell with Dunfermline 

The difference is that McGregor had just had 2 seasons being a first-team keeper on loan at 24.

McCrorie is 25 and has played 1 game in the last 2 years.

The fact we're not even sending him out on loan anymore tells me they don't rate him, as if they did, they'd want him playing games and improving, not sitting in the stands doing nothing.

21 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Know him mate and he’s not happy at being number 2 the now 

The boy is deluded if he thinks he's good enough to be our number 1

I really like him and have a lot of time for him, but he's the perfect number 2 at a big club. If he wants to be a number 1 he'll need to drop a few levels in terms of club

10 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

The difference is that McGregor had just had 2 seasons being a first-team keeper on loan at 24.

McCrorie is 25 and has played 1 game in the last 2 years.

The fact we're not even sending him out on loan anymore tells me they don't rate him, as if they did, they'd want him playing games and improving, not sitting in the stands doing nothing.

Nonsense, I’ve no idea if he’s good enough or not. But his ability is nothing to do with him being allowed to go on loan.

Why would a player we deem not good enough not be allowed out on loan?

Does nobody think it’s a massive red flag that McCrorie hasn’t been able to get a look in even when both of the keepers in front of him have hardly covered  themselves in glory over the past year or so? 

I would love nothing more than for him to break through and become our number one, but I think at this stage people want him to be something that he’s probably not. 

46 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Does nobody think it’s a massive red flag that McCrorie hasn’t been able to get a look in even when both of the keepers in front of him have hardly covered  themselves in glory over the past year or so? 

I would love nothing more than for him to break through and become our number one, but I think at this stage people want him to be something that he’s probably not. 

It’s as if we like him & we know he’s good but not convinced that he can cut it yet as our No.1 and we don’t fancy anyone else getting him incase he turns out to be top class. 

3 hours ago, Big Al 55 said:

Nonsense, I’ve no idea if he’s good enough or not. But his ability is nothing to do with him being allowed to go on loan.

Why would a player we deem not good enough not be allowed out on loan?

Because we need a 3rd choice keeper. He'll be on a low wage, is homegrown so helps with player registration and means we don't need to sign someone else.

If we genuinely thought he had the potential to be our no.1 we'd want him playing games. Same as we did with McGregor, same as Utd are doing with Henderson, same as so many other young keepers coming through. A player who has sat in the stands and hasn't kicked a ball for 2 years has no chance of suddenly becoming our main goalkeeper.

There's a reason why most 2nd keepers are older keepers well into their 30's, as teams don't want a promising youngster sitting on the bench and never playing.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We let him go when he was 22 and had played about 50 career games.

From what we seen at that time, if you remember loads of fans clamouring for him to be the number two, extend his contract get him on loan and prime him to take over.

We didn't do that, didn't back him, he left to QPR and now we're sniffing back around him.

Just another highlight of how farcical the decision making at the club can be. We don't need Liam Kelly, but wait, could we get Liam Kelly?

9 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Enquiring about Liam Kelly after letting him go for "not being good enough" is typical of us.

I'd entertain the others, Kelly not for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at him as our 2nd keeper. McGregor will leave and I wouldn't be surprised if McLaughlin and/or McCrorie leave so we'd want another Scottish/home grown keeper.

Just now, Somemightsay7 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at him as our 2nd keeper. McGregor will leave and I wouldn't be surprised if McLaughlin and/or McCrorie leave so we'd want another Scottish/home grown keeper.

Somewhat a sensible move if we are firing three keepers oot the door.

21 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

From what we seen at that time, if you remember loads of fans clamouring for him to be the number two, extend his contract get him on loan and prime him to take over.

We didn't do that, didn't back him, he left to QPR and now we're sniffing back around him.

Just another highlight of how farcical the decision making at the club can be. We don't need Liam Kelly, but wait, could we get Liam Kelly?

Farcical :lol:

You're such a drama queen.