The RM Beale poll

graeme_4

The RM Beale poll  

398 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Beale will be a success?

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And the club's worst-ever run of results with the odd European embarrassment thrown in.

Yet he still delivered consistent success 

why you feel the need to almost deride the guy is strange. His period had its lows and he ultimately paid the price for that . Clear now as time has past just how much the guy actually achieved with us though and how vital it all was 

My overriding  worry about Beale is like the last 4/5 managers is a reluctance to change ideals /tactics etc .

All managers have a risk in appointment, but our board have gambled on rookie /fledgling managers too much .

Hopefully he turns out an astute appointment but if he doesn't work out the board have to be scrutinised as to their roles in managerial selection.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

We did, one single League Cup. Brilliant stuff.

Celtic, hibs

Celtic

Hibs, celtic

Dunfermline, st johnstone (under le guen for first one) 

So your argument about mcleish is a bit harsh, 3 trophies out of 6 he was out out by a massively financial superior tarrier team

Le guen was a disaster 

7 minutes ago, mark1963 said:

My overriding  worry about Beale is like the last 4/5 managers is a reluctance to change ideals /tactics etc .

All managers have a risk in appointment, but our board have gambled on rookie /fledgling managers too much .

Hopefully he turns out an astute appointment but if he doesn't work out the board have to be scrutinised as to their roles in managerial selection.

I seem to remember that when Gio came in a few of the players had made comments to the effect that he was asking them to change system midgame, and that the training was more tactic-based. 

We potentially didnt have the quality of player or game intelligence to play a more tactically complex game and that's why we seemed so bereft of ideas at times.

Bit of a red flag for me if we arent being flexible enough to change formation and tactics midgame. 

I think we need to see more from Beale in terms of getting the starting line up and tactics right. Already far too often we're either chasing games or having to go for it after half time.

8 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Imagine this place now if we went on a run of one win in thirteen games (ten straight without victory) like Eck did in his final season. Cunts absolutely lose the plot at any sort of below par performance or even a questionable substitute these days. They would be jumping in the bath with a toaster if that sort of thing happened now :lol:

Always wondered what the forum would look like back then 😆 

Folk want Beale hung drawn and quartered for winning ugly. I suppose with Eck though you would cut him slack because of the unreal job he did the seasons before winning trebles, titles and getting to the knockouts of the CL with the cuts we were dealing with.

Love the guy

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Folk want Beale hung drawn and quartered for winning ugly. I suppose with Eck though you would cut him slack because of the unreal job he did the seasons before winning trebles, titles and getting to the knockouts of the CL with the cuts we were dealing with.

Love the guy

They absolutely wouldn’t.

13 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Imagine this place now if we went on a run of one win in thirteen games (ten straight without victory) like Eck did in his final season. Cunts absolutely lose the plot at any sort of below par performance or even a questionable substitute these days. They would be jumping in the bath with a toaster if that sort of thing happened now :lol:

I’m sure RM was founded in 05-06 as well.

18 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

To be fair there were protests outside the main stand in those times and the fanzines at the time were full of Mcleish must go articles 

plus am sure the overall 13 games period being referenced included some good results in the champions league against Porto and Inter Milan resulting in us qualifying for the champions league last 16 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

On the consistent basis that gerrards squad did? Doubtful

Sheep twice

Hearts, tarriers 

St mirren, st johnstone 

Hibs

Tarriers twice 

A howling record over 5 years of the majority squad gerrard and beale assembled

BuT tHe 90's mate :belm:

16 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

For me Beale still has to be given time . I’m just probably feeling the effect of to many false dawns over last decade and far too sceptical about seeing the same mistakes and patterns seeming to rear their ugly head time and time again and for me now there can be no excuses. We have to go out and be consistent, I don’t care how we win just as long as we do 

yesterday is a shot in the arm. It’s shows Celtic are vulnerable and we have been gifted a huge advantage of being able to get the first silverware of the season back where it belongs . Up to the players and managers to go out and deliver it . And start changing my miserable bastard of an opinion I have developed with Rangers lately :lol:

Why should he be given rime?

I mean the squad he inherited were deemed useless cunts by all and sundry but rhe cup losses are on him.

Some wanted kids played post split and apparently would have accepted losses to do so. Wins aren't all that matters after all it seems, im sure any losses he did get from doing so wouldnt have been held againsr him 😂.

His league record by and large ignored, again by those who seem not to like the wins ratio he got.

OF strong win deemed meaningless.

Folk wanting 10+ new signings this summer and understanding the scale of overhaul had seen enough by Killie away. 

He's seemingly incapable of winning meaningful games, as if getting past serviette isn't meaningful.

Hes now criticised for making subs who helped get us through in the cup.

Yeah fuck giving him more time. Sack him now and if his replacement doesn't win cups and league with Beales squad then sack him before next summer too. That's the solution 👍

😁

31 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

To be fair there were protests outside the main stand in those times and the fanzines at the time were full of Mcleish must go articles 

plus am sure the overall 13 games period being referenced included some good results in the champions league against Porto and Inter Milan resulting in us qualifying for the champions league last 16 

Also included draws with Falkirk, Inverness, Livingston and two defeats with an aggregate score of 0-5 to celtic aswell.

I love McLeish, but his tenure is always such a conundrum because it contained the highest of highs and some of the absolute lowest of lows too.

46 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Love the guy

I was on here at that time and IIRC the overriding opinion was that it was time to go, and a lot of people wanted George Burley to get the job because of how well he had started at Hearts (17 year old me was in that camp too I think :ang: )

Like you I love McLeish too, and overall I would say he was an excellent Rangers manager who maybe just stayed a season too long, but yeah it would be very interesting to see how the social media generation would have reacted to some of the negative elements of his tenure.

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Also included draws with Falkirk, Inverness, Livingston and two defeats with an aggregate score of 0-5 to celtic aswell.

I love McLeish, but his tenure is always such a conundrum because it contained the highest of highs and some of the absolute lowest of lows too.

I feel the same with Gio's spell, although over a much shorter period he won us a cup and got to a major European final, yet is and should be considered a failure, but also a success :confused:

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I mean the squad he inherited were deemed useless cunts by all and sundry but rhe cup losses are on him.

Some wanted kids played post split and apparently would have accepted losses to do so. Wins aren't all that matters after all it seems, im sure any losses he did get from doing so wouldnt have been held againsr him 😂.

His league record by and large ignored, again by those who seem not to like the wins ratio he got.

Folk wanting 10+ new signings this summer and understanding the scale of overhaul had seen enough by Killie away. 

He's seemingly incapable of winning meaningful games, as if getting past serviette isn't meaningful.

Yeah fuck giving him more time. Sack him now and if his replacement doesn't win cups and league with Beales squad then sack him before next summer too. That's the solution 👍

😁

It’s almost as if the previous manager never managed to win a cup by beating Celtic with a near identical squad.

8 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Think it’s only as time has moved on and the reality of our situation has came to light we are able to appreciate what Mcleish delivered a bit more 

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I was on here at that time and IIRC the overriding opinion was that it was time to go, and a lot of people wanted George Burley to get the job because of how well he had started at Hearts (17 year old me was in that camp too I think :ang: )

Like you I love McLeish too, and overall I would say he was an excellent Rangers manager who maybe just stayed a season too long, but yeah it would be very interesting to see how the social media generation would have reacted to some of the negative elements of his tenure.

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😁

People are just all over the place and pick and choose what they want to criticise on any given week because they can use it to strengthen their argument.

FWIW I don’t actually think Beale is the man for us long term. I think the job is too big for him, but I don’t see what coming on here and complaining about whatever negative people can find to latch on to any given match day is going to achieve because most posters already know what most prominent posters stances on him are.