A settled 8?

AberfeldyBlue

2 minutes ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

Think it was Fergie that said every good team has a settled 8 players that pick themselves. A successful stage in a manager's career where he knows his team give or take and there are 8 nailed-on starters. The other 3 are dependent on the opposition and the tournament.

So who is our settled 8?

Butland 

Tav Goldson Souttar Barasic 

Cantwell Raskin Cifuentes 

That's the 8 unless we add new CB and LB before the window closes. 

Right now the front 3 is pretty much open. Danilo has made the strongest claim imo to be starting. 

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Borna

Raskin Cifuentes

Cantwell

Danilo Dessers +1

Think we’ll eventually be a settled 10 to be honest. Depending who we’re playing, we’ll either see a winger, Lammers or Jack / Lundstram rotate in.

Borna and Souttar are needing upgraded IMO, so will see after the window closes. 

17 minutes ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

Think it was Fergie that said every good team has a settled 8 players that pick themselves. A successful stage in a manager's career where he knows his team give or take and there are 8 nailed-on starters. The other 3 are dependent on the opposition and the tournament.

So who is our settled 8?

Butland
Tavernier
Goldson
Souttar
Raskin
Cifuentes
Cantwell
Danilo

46 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Butland

Tav, Goldson, Souttar

Raskin, Cifu, Cantwell

Danilo

See thinking about this, it actually annoys me how much we've fucked our transfer window.

I can't keep saying it, but Beale has over complicated this so much. The Lammers & Dessers money could, and should, have been spent on a starting wide player. Potentially money that could have been spent on a LB too.

Madness.

6 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

See thinking about this, It actually annoys me how much we've fucked our transfer window.

I can't keep saying it, but Beale has over complicated this so much. The Lammers & Dessers money could, and should, have been spent on a starting wide player. Potentially money that could have been spent on a LB too.

Madness.

For me we had 5 positions that were priority Kent & Morelos replacements, Gk, CB and CM, in Butland, Cifuentes we look to have addressed 2 of them with the jury very much still out on a Morelos replacement, why we bought 3 strikers to then try and shoehorn two of them into no 10’s is an absolute shambles, can understand not bringing in a LB as I was hoping Ridvan would nail down that spot this season and still has time to do so. 

19 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

See thinking about this, it actually annoys me how much we've fucked our transfer window.

Madness.

Still time left. Like to think our business ain't over despite what our manager has said.

It's not settled yet as such, but we've 9 starters who are pretty much nailed on. 

Butland 

Tav Goldson Souttar  Barisic 

Raskin Cifuentes 

Cantwell

Danilo.

Sima, Dessers, Yilmaz Jack and others will contribute but if everyone is fit and it's a key game then they are our go to guys.