Who'd you give the job to?

RangersMedia

Hassenhuttl or Ragnick, both play very attacking football and I’d argue Hassenhuttl might just be possible due to him being out of work and out of favour down south. 

Main thing is we need someone with a clear style of attacking football who will allow us to win the vast majority of our domestic games. I don’t want any managers who can’t break down “low blocks”, we need to be putting 90+ points a season on the board from the non-OF games. 

Anyone who’s a serial winner won’t come here due to the backwater of a league we’re in, so go for the next best thing which is someone who’s managed in 3+ different countries, improves players and has a clear plan tactically. 

Any well run club should have a list of potential managers to bring in if the incumbent is sacked. Knowing Rangers there is no list as proven by Beale's appoinment so seriosly considering emailing mine to the club. This is based on a mixture of style, trophy record and who I'm guessing could be affordable hence the abscence of names like Potter, Lowe etc.

Matias Almeyda

Oliver Glasner

Gheorghe Hagi

Franco Foda

Jurgen Henn

Ivalyo Petev

5 minutes ago, MillerTimeDavie said:

Any well run club should have a list of potential managers to bring in if the incumbent is sacked. Knowing Rangers there is no list as proven by Beale's appoinment so seriosly considering emailing mine to the club. This is based on a mixture of style, trophy record and who I'm guessing could be affordable hence the abscence of names like Potter, Lowe etc.

Matias Almeyda

Oscar Garcia 

Oliver Glasner

Gheorghe Hagi

Franco Foda

Jurgen Henn

Ivalyo Petev

9C6D8C99-E630-4B81-A06D-57FEF3F4DF9E.jpeg

24 minutes ago, MillerTimeDavie said:

I don't trust the club to go for anyone outwith managers that they already know, do you?

Do you actually think somebody in a position of power at Ibrox is going to take time out of their day to read a list of potential managerial candidates from a disgruntled punter, and not just immediately hit delete, that’s providing it gets past the spam filter in the first place.

9 hours ago, docspiderman said:

No we need a winner not a guy who wants organisation to avoid defeat, happy to draw and hope to maybe scrape a win. Like Moyes going to Man Utd Potter was the wrong choice for Chelsea as he would for a team like us where winning is a must.

Problem is that winners come with a hefty price tag. I think we need a manager to give us shape and play players in their natural position . That could give us a winning side cos the players we have are pretty decent ( with a few exceptions) and maybe just need that push in a different direction .

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Do you actually think somebody in a position of power at Ibrox is going to take time out of their day to read a list of potential managerial candidates from a disgruntled punter, and not just immediately hit delete, that’s providing it gets past the spam filter in the first place.

If I was working on the reception and I seen suggestions I'd pass them on. Maybe they'd see a name and look the guy up and think 'he could be a good fit'. It all starts from somewhere.

Further to the previously submitted list there is two other options that have a good record but fall into the morally questionable category.

Jindrich Trpisovsky - Mentioned him already, won 3 league titles and 4 cups with Slavia. Reluctant to do business with them though after the Kamara incident. Although we'd just be poaching their manager not establishing relations with them.

Sergei Semak - Won 5 league titles and 5 cups with Zenit. Problem is would doing business with a Russian club be acceptable?

4 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Hassenhuttl or Ragnick, both play very attacking football and I’d argue Hassenhuttl might just be possible due to him being out of work and out of favour down south. 

Main thing is we need someone with a clear style of attacking football who will allow us to win the vast majority of our domestic games. I don’t want any managers who can’t break down “low blocks”, we need to be putting 90+ points a season on the board from the non-OF games. 

Anyone who’s a serial winner won’t come here due to the backwater of a league we’re in, so go for the next best thing which is someone who’s managed in 3+ different countries, improves players and has a clear plan tactically. 

We already win the ‘vast majority’ of our domestic games.

Any manager they choose will probably still win the vast majority of our domestic games.