Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

He done his smarmy comment about having fun and Clement fell for it.

He's a fucking wee runt tho he needs called out there should be no wee poofy cuddle and joke with the deviant pre match next week

Rodgers had a far better quality and fresher side to finish the season.

He couldn’t get a tune out of his squad when his big players were injured like McGregor, Hatate and Carter Vickers.

They were shite for that period.

If the roles had been reversed and they’d had the fixtures and injury list we had.

And Clement finished with Sima, Cortes, Danilo etc and a fresh and fit squad. We probably win the league.

If we get the recruitment right we can put them under pressure and he has every chance of losing the dressing room and support.

This is not a good celtic team.

He done his smarmy comment about having fun and Clement fell for it.

The fact you're using that bastard being a smarmy cunt towards Rangers and our manager calling him on it as a reason to have a go at the Rangers manager says it all.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There’s no comparison tbh.

The fat greek has joined two clubs we know and right away you can see how they play and what they are trying to do.

40 games in and we have zero identity.

Hang on a mo....

How in the name of fuck can there be no comparison between ourselves (the now) and the scum (post 55) ? 

And the Spurs comparison is just mental. Beyond mental actually. Open as fuck at the back, fucked up 4th and could very well finish in the Conference league places after tomorrow. What difference does a style of play make there? If he had the equivalent of that season up here with us nobody would be defending his style of play :lol:

Done in with it. Some beers and boxing to take my mind off it.

But I stand by, Clement isn't the problem and people need to realise the issues that keep repeating themselves aren't because of this manager or that manager, but because the core of this squad, is pretty much unchanged and used to failure.

Here's to a better next season 🤞🏻

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There’s no comparison tbh.

The fat greek has joined two clubs we know and right away you can see how they play and what they are trying to do.

40 games in and we have zero identity.

This is my concern. I've not seen any real change in the way we play for 3 managers now. Even when we're winning it's still mostly a slog. 

I have faith in Clement getting it right, but we said all the same things about Beale when he got his own players in. 

We have no other option than giving him the benefit of the doubt through. 

7 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Postecoglu had a rough August when players weren't in yet but were firing from October onwards. He didn't take months to a year to do it

He had a full pre-season, a full rebuild and then quite literally 2 months into the season with better players that we currently have.

Talking jobby. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Hang on a mo....

How in the name of fuck can there be no comparison between ourselves (the now) and the scum (post 55) ? 

And the Spurs comparison is just mental. Beyond mental actually. Open as fuck at the back, fucked up 4th and could very well finish in the Conference league places after tomorrow. What difference does a style of play make there? If he had the equivalent of that season up here with us nobody would be defending his style of play :lol:

He never though, with that style of play up here he won a treble :confused:

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

He had a full pre-season, a full rebuild and then quite literally 2 months into the season with better players that we currently have.

Talking jobby. 

Honestly I’m not sure if people are being intentionally dishonest, or they’re fucking thick.

Postecoglou and Rodgers first 40 games are incomparable to Clements.

If either of them came in after Dubai if they sacked Lennon that would be comparable.

He never though, with that style of play up here he won a treble :confused:

Are you kidding on? You mentioned Spurs and his style of play.

With celtic his style of play worked, aye. And what is your point there? 

He never came in midway through a season, was able to sell an entire team, worked with a better scouting team and had months to gel them together.

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

This is my concern. I've not seen any real change in the way we play for 3 managers now. Even when we're winning it's still mostly a slog. 

I have faith in Clement getting it right, but we said all the same things about Beale when he got his own players in. 

We have no other option than giving him the benefit of the doubt through. 

We all know the players aren’t good enough but what we should have by now is an identity, a style of play and this summer is about bringing in players to fit that.

We have been a shapeless unorganised mess for a couple of months now.

That is on Clement.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Honestly I’m not sure if people are being intentionally dishonest, or they’re fucking thick.

If either of them came in after Dubai if they sacked Lennon that would be comparable.

That's a damn good point. 

Neither of them would have turned them round that season and wouldn't have been sacked for not doing so either. 

I cannot believe folk can be so short sighted and selective.

29 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Clement’s not blameless in that either. He had chances to rotate the squad better. 

Has he? He's literally playing youth players now because our squad is absolutely fucked still with injuries

When during the title race could he have rotated the squad better 

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Are you kidding on? You mentioned Spurs and his style of play.

With celtic his style of play worked, aye. And what is your point there? 

He never came in midway through a season, was able to sell an entire team, worked with a better scouting team and had months to gel them together.

He came in at last minutes of summer and within two months had them playing how he wanted.

He then did the same at Spurs.

That’s what coaches do.

The mid season thing is an anomaly, how many teams, esp in EPL bring in coaches during season.

The perfect example down there is Crystal Palace under Hodgson/Glasner. 

Same players but manager has absolutely stamped his authority over the team.

7 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Talking jobby. 

From memory he didn't have most of his players in the door or available until the season was already underway late august. Hardly a full pre-season. They dropped points in August in the chaos, after that they were strong straight away.

5 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

It wasn't me or Stepps who brought him up :lol:

Just now, MacBoyd said:

I wonder if something happened behind the scenes. I know this squad have fell away before but the difference this year has been fucking mental 

Was just writing this in the match thread.

Someone wrote on here they thought around April time some players had been told they had no future and to find new clubs. I believe it to be true as it explains what we've witnessed since.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He came in at last minutes of summer and within two months had them playing how he wanted.

He then did the same at Spurs.

That’s what coaches do.

The mid season thing is an anomaly, how many teams, esp in EPL bring in coaches during season.

The perfect example down there is Crystal Palace under Hodgson/Glasner. 

Same players but manager has absolutely stamped his authority over the team.

So he got his players in that could play his system then moved forward with that? Great.

For Glasner, Clement did the same before the pressure was on the players.

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

From memory he didn't have most of his players in the door or available until the season was already underway late august. Hardly a full pre-season. They dropped points in August in the chaos, after that they were strong straight away.

It wasn't me or Stepps who brought him up :lol:

So by the time they got running, he had his players?