New European Format from 24/25 onwards.

It’s not popular but the solution for most of the clubs from outside the top leagues is the super-league.

It’s far from ideal but UEFA are clearly only interested in lining their own pockets, and the pockets on the teams in the top leagues.

I hate new format, and ESL 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

The new women's super league will be getting a bigger deal than us and looking like taking our Sky spots on Saturday and Sunday lunchtimes. 

Rightly so too. I’d rather watch Arsenal play Chelsea in the womens super league than watch Motherwell play Killie 

46 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

It’s not popular but the solution for most of the clubs from outside the top leagues is the super-league.

It’s far from ideal but UEFA are clearly only interested in lining their own pockets, and the pockets on the teams in the top leagues.

I hate new format, and ESL 🤷‍♂️

The biggest bit i'm not keen on is that there is no drop down .It's putting the focus firmly on finances and it benefits the top teams in Europe as usual, and clubs like us outside the top tier won't get any success in the Champions League but will get a wee pat on the head and a few extra revenue millions.

On 04/03/2024 at 12:43, PromDeAnglais said:

The Swiss model. It's already been broke down and scrutinised, it can help bigger clubs who have a shit season.  For example:

"Two of the extra places will go to the clubs with the best coefficient who have missed out on qualifying for the Champions League via domestic competitions but have qualified for the Europa League. It could mean for example Man United finishing sixth in the Premier League this season and getting automatic entry into the Champions League but Tottenham finishing fifth and not qualifying".

It's no doubt a change to combat the rise of the Super League idea and help big clubs stay in the revenue streams regardless of who is challenging them domestically.

aw mate cheers for pissing on my chips i got all excited watching that 

10 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Basically we will never see a European final again after Dublin this year since we are to win the league every year. We will just keep getting into the CL and dropping out.

Dublins almost written in the stars 

If we make Dublin we'll be banned for a few years anyway.

1 hour ago, Blueshoff said:

If we make Dublin we'll be banned for a few years anyway.

It would be the pinnacle of this clubs history winning a final in Dublin so no sense even worrying about after it, it’s almost an irrelevance everything that comes after 

11 hours ago, Broxi said:

Is there no drop down to other competitions at all?

I was assuming that you can still drop down through the middle tier play-off rounds

Winners of the play-offs go through, losers drop down, if you finish in the bottom tier of the table you go straight out?

No drop down but the group stage goes on til the end of January due to the extra games