2 year plan

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Do you still think Michael Beale is the next Walter Smith? Brains behind it all? 🫣Screenshot_20240516-1932402.thumb.png.ac60ba4247c6cc8de95e88353fdc0469.png

Brains behind Gerrard? Likely, as Gerrard was shite at Villa once Beale was gone.

Is he a manager? Absolutely not. I never wanted him as boss as he was already failing at QPR, I wanted Dyche.(who in hindsight would likely be a disaster)

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Brains behind Gerrard? Likely, as Gerrard was shite at Villa once Beale was gone.

Is he a manager? Absolutely not. I never wanted him as boss as he was already failing at QPR, I wanted Dyche.(who in hindsight would likely be a disaster)

You likened him to Walter Smith, I assume your opinion changed?

3 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

You likened him to Walter Smith, I assume your opinion changed?

Yes, it has changed. I still think he's very likely a decent coach/assistant. I likened Lowry to some very very good players, look how that turned out. I didn't say later on I actually thought he was shite.

The fact you think you can retrospectively be 'vociferously against' an appointment you were originally for is eye-opening. :lol:

Yes, it has changed. I still think he's very likely a decent coach/assistant. I liked Lowry to some very very good players, look how that turned out. I didn't say later on I actually thought he was shite.

The fact you think you can retrospectively be 'vociferously against' an appointment you were originally for is eye-opening. :lol:

So your opinion changed, you don't think he's like Walter Smith, and he certainly wasn't the brains behind anything.

The fact you can acknowledge that, and then don't understand how I could initially be for Beale, and then my opinion changing during that reign, is fucking wild mate.

You were running about likening the guy to our greatest ever manager.

Sit down.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

So your opinion changed, you don't think he's like Walter Smith, and he certainly wasn't the brains behind anything.

The fact you can acknowledge that, and then don't understand how I could initially be for Beale, and then my opinion changing during that reign, is fucking wild mate.

You were running about likening the guy to our greatest ever manager.

Sit down.

I'll try put it in simple English for you with an example.

I wanted John Lundstram to get a new contract and was very vocal in my support of it, I now don't want that and was wrong. No matter how much I want him gone now I can't change that I was originally for it like you believe you can.

Honestly how do you remember to breathe?

I'll try put it in simple English for you with an example.

I wanted John Lundstram to get a new contract and was very vocal in my support of it, I now don't want that and was wrong. No matter how much I want him gone now I can't change that I was originally for it like you believe you can.

Honestly how do you remember to breathe?

Are you an idiot? 

See what you've just said about Lundstram, is what I just said about Beale. I can initially say aye be a decent appointment and then say nah should never have fucking appointed this guy get him out, football ebbs and flows, shit changes.

Like your opinion that Michael Beale is the next Walter Smith.

What makes it different? Other than your warped mind you nutter 😂

I don't think we should need 2 years, I think it can be done in one.

Ourselves under Gerrard and celtic in the 90s needed a multi year plan for breathing space and time to build a squad worth challenging.

Since then a few managers have changed a squad around in a year and won the league and against decent sides. All them with different amounts of money to spend.

o'neil with celtic in 2000, McLeish in 2004 (fixing his own mess), Walter in 2007 and postecoglu in 2021 off the top of my head. Within a window or two you can turn a team that is double figures behind the other into a league winner, a double or treble winner and, even, a European finalist.

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

I don't think we should need 2 years, I think it can be done in one.

Ourselves under Gerrard and celtic in the 90s needed a multi year plan for breathing space and time to build a squad worth challenging.

Since then a few managers have changed a squad around in a year and won the league and against decent sides. All them with different amounts of money to spend.

o'neil with celtic in 2000, McLeish in 2004 (fixing his own mess), Walter in 2007 and postecoglu in 2021 off the top of my head. Within a window or two you can turn a team that is double figures behind the other into a league winner, a double or treble winner and, even, a European finalist.

Yep. 

Walter and MON were the 2 who did it most impressively IMO. They came in, having identified the weaknesses of the other half and built a team to hurt them. 

For us, now, that's building a fkn unit of a team and bullying them. Ironically, exactly what MON did to us, the cunt. 

8 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Fair point.

I more meant state of the team.

What was Beale’s net spend though?

If you’re going to argue this you’d also have to accept he’s brought in two players on frees who are probably now our biggest assets.

I read somewhere Beales net spend was £13.1 million. 

6 hours ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Am not on Follow follow was mate that sent screenshot so not sure how reliable the poster is. Hopefully not very fucking reliable 😂

IMG_2040.jpeg

If the botched diagnosis and rehab rumours are true the whole medical dept should be replaced. It’s not easy to win leagues and trophies if this is happening. 

58 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Yep. 

Walter and MON were the 2 who did it most impressively IMO. They came in, having identified the weaknesses of the other half and built a team to hurt them. 

For us, now, that's building a fkn unit of a team and bullying them. Ironically, exactly what MON did to us, the cunt. 

Aye strong and athletic with a good attitude is a good starting point. Hopefully with a wee bit better football than that celtic team:lol: