Rangers vs Standard Liege (Behind closed doors)

1 hour ago, left winger said:

If a manager with a Clement CV was prepared to touch us last October, I see no reason why a manager with a Clement CV wouldn't touch us this October. 

If Clement is gone come September/October, by walking or sacking, then something will have clearly gone wrong, yet again with this board. And it doesn't take much to find out the problems we have at the club with this board. 

So why would a manager with Clement's CV touch us in that event after seeing a guy with a similar CV leave? We're becoming a poisoned chalice under a board of incompetent amateurs. 

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

If Clement is gone come September/October, by walking or sacking, then something will have clearly gone wrong, yet again with this board. And it doesn't take much to find out the problems we have at the club with this board. 

So why would a manager with Clement's CV touch us in that event after seeing a guy with a similar CV leave? We're becoming a poisoned chalice under a board of incompetent amateurs. 

We've got Derek Mcinnes as next manager written all over us.

Feel a bit sorry for the manager, i dont think he wouldve taken this job on if he had known the the size of the task he was taking on. It looks like he is going to be expected to perform a minor miracle. Compete against a richer club with virtually no backing, all because his predecessor made an absolute cunt of things. And i cant even imagine what he thinks about the shower of amateurs who have allowed the stadium shambles. He must be wondering why the fuck he got involved with us.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Any potential reasons for someone not taking the job this October, if it were to become available, are pretty much the same as they were last October.

And why wouldn't a manager want to manage a club that was in a European final 2 years ago, then in the CL, then in EL after Xmas again last season? 

Having a basket case board has never stopped clubs signing good managers. 

In the same way managers think they can turn round certain players, they also think they can turn round teams.

I clearly think more of our club, than you do. 

1 minute ago, left winger said:

Any potential reasons for someone not taking the job this October, if it were to become available, are pretty much the same as they were last October.

And why wouldn't a manager want to manage a club that was in a European final 2 years ago, then in the CL, then in EL after Xmas again last season? 

Having a basket case board has never stopped clubs signing good managers. 

In the same way managers think they can turn round certain players, they also think they can turn round teams.

I clearly think more of our club, than you do. 

No they aren't. Last summer we had the means to back Beale. This summer, so far, we haven't been able to back Clement. That'll put any decent manager off right away. 

What relevance is the previous European achievements to right now? We've quite clearly downgraded summer after since 55 and especially Seville. Utterly irrelevant. 

I don't think anyone claimed otherwise. But we're talking about Rangers in Scotland with a squad full of losers and no money to back any manager.

No shit, Sherlock? I'm sure McIness will fully believe in himself when he more likely takes over from Clement. 

You definetely do. I'm sure someone will be along to give you that cyber pat on the back you're craving.

I think it’s all getting a bit dramatic tbh.

Club is a shambles, but PC isn’t walking nor are we likely to sack him short-term. 

He should get time to rebuild the squad which will take multiple windows. He’s had half a dozen players in, and has the remit to make space for new bodies by getting rid of old ones - same as most managers. Get bodies out and we create funds for new players (transfer and salary). 

Derek McInnes might be the next manager, but I’d suggest it’s unlikely. 

We've lacked the personnel and infrastructure to approach recruitment with anything better than a slapdash approach for years now. No real strategy for finding, improving, and selling players while maintaining a balanced and competitive squad at all times. That's why we've ended up with a group of players that are too expensive, not good enough, and impossible to sell. 

I believe we've finally got two leaders, in Koppen and Clement, who won't accept the directionless ineptitude we've demonstrate for years. They'll put a plan in place that balances short-term success and long-term development. 

The issue we've got is they can't 'start fresh' because they've still got the albatross of 3+ years of shite decision-making around their necks. Squad management is ultimately about efficient allocation of resources. We've got millions tied up in the wages of duds like Lammers, Matondo, and Lawrence. 

The worst thing we could do is give up on a new project, that actually looks like it has the potential to fix this mess, and punish these guys for mistakes their predecessors made. I think they both know the direction we need to go in, but even the best captains in the world can't turn a cargo freighter going full speed around quickly. 

Fuck the idiots who put us on this course, but we absolutely can't afford to interrupt these guys as they finally start fixing it. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

No they aren't. Last summer we had the means to back Beale. This summer, so far, we haven't been able to back Clement. That'll put any decent manager off right away. 

What relevance is the previous European achievements to right now? We've quite clearly downgraded summer after since 55 and especially Seville. Utterly irrelevant. 

I don't think anyone claimed otherwise. But we're talking about Rangers in Scotland with a squad full of losers and no money to back any manager.

No shit, Sherlock? I'm sure McIness will fully believe in himself when he more likely takes over from Clement. 

You definetely do. I'm sure someone will be along to give you that cyber pat on the back you're craving.

What relevance are our European achievements? That's what's made us a more attractive proposition in recent years. If you were a manager would you rather manage a team that has been in a euro final or one that hasn't?

No point covering anything else you've said if you don't get that.

5 hours ago, left winger said:

What relevance are our European achievements? That's what's made us a more attractive proposition in recent years. If you were a manager would you rather manage a team that has been in a euro final or one that hasn't?

No point covering anything else you've said if you don't get that.

It made us more attractive to who? Who are you speaking about and how would you know this? 

No point in covering it because you're talking complete shite.

18 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

Feel a bit sorry for the manager, i dont think he wouldve taken this job on if he had known the the size of the task he was taking on. It looks like he is going to be expected to perform a minor miracle. Compete against a richer club with virtually no backing, all because his predecessor made an absolute cunt of things. And i cant even imagine what he thinks about the shower of amateurs who have allowed the stadium shambles. He must be wondering why the fuck he got involved with us.

Will leave Ibrox in a straight jacket after we drive him absolutely insane. Next job he’ll get he’ll get properly backed like he did in Belgium and win as many trophies as he likes. 

Head in the sand continuing to back these idiots running the club. Right good Rangers men though. 

18 hours ago, rangersross said:

We've lacked the personnel and infrastructure to approach recruitment with anything better than a slapdash approach for years now. No real strategy for finding, improving, and selling players while maintaining a balanced and competitive squad at all times. That's why we've ended up with a group of players that are too expensive, not good enough, and impossible to sell. 

I believe we've finally got two leaders, in Koppen and Clement, who won't accept the directionless ineptitude we've demonstrate for years. They'll put a plan in place that balances short-term success and long-term development. 

The issue we've got is they can't 'start fresh' because they've still got the albatross of 3+ years of shite decision-making around their necks. Squad management is ultimately about efficient allocation of resources. We've got millions tied up in the wages of duds like Lammers, Matondo, and Lawrence. 

The worst thing we could do is give up on a new project, that actually looks like it has the potential to fix this mess, and punish these guys for mistakes their predecessors made. I think they both know the direction we need to go in, but even the best captains in the world can't turn a cargo freighter going full speed around quickly. 

Fuck the idiots who put us on this course, but we absolutely can't afford to interrupt these guys as they finally start fixing it. 

All true. I dont think the manager truly appreciated the state the squad was in when he took over and i dont think he was made fully aware of the fact that he was going to receive very little backing to change things. The man is expected to be mounting a league challenge in near impossible circumstances.

The problem is that if it starts badly and continues that way into early winter then the supporters will demand someone pays the price and he will be the one who carries the can. The board wont blame themselves thats for sure. As i said yesterday you have to feel a bit sorry for the man.