Is Clement getting an easy ride?

I can’t see the benefit in changing the manager at all. The manager is not the problem and that has been proven. The problem is the quality on the park is seriously lacking. Changing the manager only restarts the cycle again. Who comes in? With 2 weeks of the transfer window left and no funds available? We are stuck with the same squad of limited footballers. Changing the manager just ties up resources we desperately need. PC is going nowhere. 

Just now, King Jela said:

Said it in the other thread, it's his blindspot. 

I don't know what in the fuck he thinks Lawrence is contributing with, but not a cunt else can see it.

It's Wright or Matondo there instead, Sterling looked completely unfit.

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

It's Wright or Matondo there instead, Sterling looked completely unfit.

Agreed, there isn't enough to work with for even a system change.

I wouldn't have started him tonight, and I really don't rate him, but if we're hell-bent on this 10 system then I think Hagi should be getting minutes in there to see what he can do. 

I know we've seen Hagi plenty, but we've seen enough of Lawrence at this point. He's bringing nothing to the party. 

Maybe even experiment with Danilo in there as a 10/2nd striker. 

1 minute ago, JM1872 said:

I can’t see the benefit in changing the manager at all. The manager is not the problem and that has been proven. The problem is the quality on the park is seriously lacking. Changing the manager only restarts the cycle again. Who comes in? With 2 weeks of the transfer window left and no funds available? We are stuck with the same squad of limited footballers. Changing the manager just ties up resources we desperately need. PC is going nowhere. 

How has that part ever been proven?

The squad is limited I agree, the manager in charge, whoever is has been over the years, has had to wheel/deal to get players in

But right now we're sitting with a worse squad than we ended last season with & playing some truly shocking football. Clement hasn't improved a single player since he came in the door, if anything they've went backwards under him.

His tactics/subs are baffling at times, a competent manager sets us up on the front foot tonight to go at Kiev from the start and put them under pressure...we done the opposite, we sat in and let them grow into the game with easy possession, even as far as putting Cerny/Sterling on the bench, we played for the 2nd half.

Said it before and still think we should have went with Muscat when it came down to it.

Really wanted Clement to prove me wrong but the football we play is honking and his decisions at times are baffling

If we can't afford to buy players, we won't pay off a manager who just got an extension.

I don't think he is a bad manager, but once he doesn't rate you, he ain't changing his mind.

He also needs to come clean on the Hagi and Igamane situations and let fans know what the fuck is going on. ( I may have said that before. We tend to repeat things when we lose)

Just now, bluenoz said:

If we can't afford to buy players, we won't pay off a manager who just got an extension.

I don't think he is a bad manager, but once he doesn't rate you, he ain't changing his mind.

He also needs to come clean on the Hagi and Igamane situations and let fans know what the fuck is going on. ( I may have said that before. We tend to repeat things when we lose)

He's been clear on them multiple times, what's he supposed to do tattoo it on his forehead?

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

His tactics/subs are baffling at times, a competent manager sets us up on the front foot tonight to go at Kiev from the start and put them under pressure...we done the opposite, we sat in and let them grow into the game with easy possession, even as far as putting Cerny/Sterling on the bench, we played for the 2nd half.

I don't agree with that assessment at all. 

Neither Sterling or Cerny were fully fit to be starting, that was fairly obvious when they came on I thought, we certainly went at Kiev in the first hour before the red, even had the better chances. No way did we sit in.

Think his decisions on subs are rightly criticised. Don't think he covered himself in glory after the red either. 

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Koppen’s getting a real easy ride btw.

Think people forget that if we bin Clement then he’s going to have a massive say in who the next manager is. My worry is he thinks some unknown who started as a youth team coach in Holland and is now managing in the second tier of Belgium could be a good manager for us because he showed good understanding of tactics at a seminar they both attended in 2022.

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Koppen’s getting a real easy ride btw.

Another who has inherited a total clusterfuck though.

I'm the first to admit I'm a bit worried about his lack of experience in running the show for a club our size but he's having to implement a trading model and a points system for scouting when we have fuck all assets to sell and a team that has barely any decent players.

Having to rebuild a side with value for the future is difficult when you are starting from basically nothing. He could have spunked our entire budget on two on paper top players with no resale value, and there's no guarantees they would have been good.

If you have a weak pool of players the first thing you do is make yourself hard to beat, even if it means you have to suffer through some absolute murderball football. Clement is currently failing at that spectacularly, but he’s still serving up football that could get the game stopped, so it’s not even like you can say “well it’s shite defensively but at least it’s fun to watch”.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

I don't agree with that assessment at all. 

Neither Sterling or Cerny were fully fit to be starting, that was fairly obvious when they came on I thought, we certainly went at Kiev in the first hour before the red, even had the better chances. No way did we sit in.

Think his decisions on subs are rightly criticised. Don't think he covered himself in glory after the red either. 

If Cerny is coming on at HT, in a game where ET was a real possibility then surely Clement had him down for 50/60 minutes minimum, like at the weekend?

Sterling is a weird one, to me he looks fairly fit, I think its just a case of Clement not fancying him at RB over Tav and he doesn't fit into his midfield system with this forced #10.

"Sit in" was probably the wrong term, we just seemed to go further and further back as the half went on, we had 1 real chance first half and it was McCausland on the counter, we never took the game to them at all.

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

For what failure? If the budget isn't there what can he do?

Not spend £2m on a guy who’s been unable to play.

Not want to spend £3m on a centre back  in May, then he knocks us back, and wait until August before buying one.

Silva on loan.

£4m on Diomande who other than a few games, particularly when he first signed, has been average at best.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

He's been clear on them multiple times, what's he supposed to do tattoo it on his forehead?

You appear to hold onto his every word as gospel mate. I'm not so sure he's telling the whole story on everything.

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

How has that part ever been proven?

The squad is limited I agree, the manager in charge, whoever is has been over the years, has had to wheel/deal to get players in

But right now we're sitting with a worse squad than we ended last season with & playing some truly shocking football. Clement hasn't improved a single player since he came in the door, if anything they've went backwards under him.

Because it is the same individuals that have let us down time after time. It is the same players that fail to do the basics. It is the same players manager after manager after manager. You could bring in any manager you want, technically nobody will improve. 

As you say we are wheeling and dealing to get players in. It’s the equivalent of shopping in a car boot sale. He can’t add quality to the squad because it is already bloated with shite that nobody else wants and the resources aren’t there to go and spend money. I would imagine the club is bleeding cash again. Bennett told us as much when he said their is a financial hole operationally.

The bulk of the players are not cut out for this club. Yes ok it looks like nobody has improved under Clement but the majority have most definitely hit their ceiling in terms of ability and will only ever play at lesser clubs than Rangers. To say they haven’t improved implies they had potential to start with. I don’t potential in maybe 95% of the team. 

The club is an utter joke from top bottom. Any manager that comes in will operate in the same conditions. It’s not changing any time soon.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Can’t hold that against him. Del Boy himself would struggle to offload the garbage we are currently trying to flog.

Still, it's the task he took on. He needs to find a way. It's his job.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not spend £2m on a guy who’s been unable to play.

Not want to spend £3m on a centre back  in May, then he knocks us back, and wait until August before buying one.

Silva on loan.

£4m on Diomande who other than a few games, particularly when he first signed, has been average at best.

The concern is he’s fuckin clueless too

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

You appear to hold onto his every word as gospel mate. I'm not so sure he's telling the whole story on everything.

You question everything he says like you're fucking Fox Mulder.