Shambles from top to bottom

1 minute ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Only reason he had us believing is because the season before we were absolutely abysmal, his first season we weren't that good and certainly very inconsistent 

And since Xmas we've been shite under an experienced manager and now have zero belief.  Hope without basis is what I have at best.

We've also fucked up the £5m I'd wanted from that last round (never thought we'd qualify for the CL) but at least we've spent money on youth potential. We're consistently shite as the 7/23 or whatever it is win stats show.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And since Xmas we've been shite under an experienced manager and now have zero belief.  Hope without basis is what I have at best.

We've also fucked up the £5m I'd wanted from that last round (never thought we'd qualify for the CL) but at least we've spent money on youth potential. We're consistently shite as the 7/23 or whatever it is win stats show.

Jim's got a stiffy for hating on Gerrard, he doesn't acknowledge Gerrard is the only manager since Waltwr that's actually won a title and got us regularly getting results against thay mob while every other manager has been getting skelped by them regularly and Clement is the worst of the lot with his record so far.

Gerrard had many flaws but at least we had an identity and a way of playing when he came in, Clements tactics are straight off the back of a fag packet.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Since xmas is bollocks, we didnt get back on top till late jan/early feb

Yes we have zero belief, but that's cause we're still here with cunts that gerrard kept and signed, 

Gerrard was allowed to start his rebuild with prime mcgregor, arfield, jack, morelos, fit tav (still shit defensively mind you) and a run all day candieas who we have never replaced in that position, he then got money and wages to spend

Clement has, what looks like, been told we need to reduce the wage bill, have no money to spend unless we sell players, and a squad full of players who havent been good enough for years 

He's not blameless, I'll never say that, but there's got to be some form of leeway given when we are still littered with shite not good enough in gerrards era

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Jim's got a stiffy for hating on Gerrard, he doesn't acknowledge Gerrard is the only manager since Waltwr that's actually won a title and got us regularly getting results against thay mob while every other manager has been getting skelped by them regularly and Clement is the worst of the lot with his record so far.

Gerrard had many flaws but at least we had an identity and a way of playing when he came in, Clements tactics are straight off the back of a fag packet.

Until the season we won the league gerrard didn't regularly get results against them, he won 2 games that mattered against Rodgers/lennon side and lost 5 including a cup final where we had 30mins against ten men tarriers, and had lockdown not happened the tarriers were days away from rocking up to ibrox and quite possibly ending his careers at us

His identity and way of playing won fuck all bar one season, and even then it fucked the easiest treble a rangers team will ever see

For the money spent, gerrards era imo is still classed as a failure, no profit in the transfer market, lots of high wage duds left behind, we literally just got rid of a massive high earner who contributed dick all overall in the summer there, signed by gerrard 

13 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Gerrard had to oversee a rebuild akin to what Clement is overseeing now, he was never going to take us from where we were to challenging for trebles within a few months, just like Clement won’t either.

He made plenty of fuck ups, and he probably was lucky to keep his job pre covid because we were particularly bad then, but at least you could see that we were going in the right direction and you could see what the tactical plan was.

Can anybody say that about us under Clement over the past five/six months?

I remember this place and FF at the time. A lot of the criticism for Clement now, was the same for Gerrard then. 

Not a lot of folk were seeing the bigger picture with every dropped point or cup exit. 

But there are plenty of similarities. I think Clement has a harder task than Gerrard did when he first arrived. In no way am I dismissing the job Gerrard had and did, but Gerrard didn't have the difficulties moving on ridiculously high earners that nobody else wanted, like Clement has right now. And most of them are still here for a while yet. 

24 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Gerrard had to oversee a rebuild akin to what Clement is overseeing now, he was never going to take us from where we were to challenging for trebles within a few months, just like Clement won’t either.

He made plenty of fuck ups, and he probably was lucky to keep his job pre covid because we were particularly bad then, but at least you could see that we were going in the right direction and you could see what the tactical plan was.

Gerrard first summer he signed 

Goldson, arfield, coulibally, mcgregor, flanagan, barisic, katic, worrall, kent, murphy, lafferty, grezda (shite)

In jan he got defoe, davis and kamara

Clement so far has had, 

Diomande, cortes, propper, cerny, jefte, barron and 2 projects (thats on them i agree) 

And arguably gerrards rebuild was easier given the team he took over to the team clement took over

Clement has his faults big time still, but while still running about with cunts like cantwell, hagi, wright, tav etc, any manager will struggle

12 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I remember this place and FF at the time. A lot of the criticism for Clement now, was the same for Gerrard then. 

Not a lot of folk were seeing the bigger picture with every dropped point or cup exit. 

But there are plenty of similarities. I think Clement has a harder task than Gerrard did when he first arrived. In no way am I dismissing the job Gerrard had and did, but Gerrard didn't have the difficulties moving on ridiculously high earners that nobody else wanted, like Clement has right now. And most of them are still here for a while yet. 

Gerrard took over a club that finished 3rd in the league, only winning 21 league games in the process, lost 5-0 and 4-0 to our biggest rivals within a fortnight at the end of the season and had sacked the manager and the caretaker manager in the same season.

It’s not really a competition, both had shit hands when they came in, just for entirely different reasons :lol:

34 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Does Gerrard do that if he takes over from Pedro instead of the long spell with Murty?

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Does Gerrard do that if he takes over from Pedro instead of the long spell with Murty?

Probably not, but Clement has now had the same full pre season that Gerrard had and there’s no clear plan as to what he’s actually trying to do and the players don’t look any fitter or sharper than they did last season either.

I don’t think sacking Clement is the answer, with the mess the club is in now it would be just a case of rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic, and I think he’s been dealt a pretty shit hand, but that doesn’t mean we can’t critique the things he’s doing well or badly as the manager either.

30 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Gerrard took over a club that finished 3rd in the league, only winning 21 league games in the process, lost 5-0 and 4-0 to our biggest rivals within a fortnight at the end of the season and had sacked the manager and the caretaker manager in the same season.

It’s not really a competition, both had shit hands when they came in, just for entirely different reasons :lol:

It's not a competition, agreed. I never made it one? 

I'm making the point Gerrard never had the difficulty moving on players that Clement has had, due to the ridiculous wages, thus restricting him from doing the job he wants.

25 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Probably not, but Clement has now had the same full pre season that Gerrard had and there’s no clear plan as to what he’s actually trying to do and the players don’t look any fitter or sharper than they did last season either.

I don’t think sacking Clement is the answer, with the mess the club is in now it would be just a case of rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic, and I think he’s been dealt a pretty shit hand, but that doesn’t mean we can’t critique the things he’s doing well or badly as the manager either.

I think there is a plan, just we are stuck with players who know they’re not wanted too. 

Just think it’s ridiculous last October everyone speaks about how whoever comes in needs so much time and now we are questioning his credentials 4 games in to a season where we got fucked over by a shite ref against Dynamo and drew at Tynecastle.

Just now, King Jela said:

It's not a competition, agreed. I never made it one? 

I'm making the point Gerrard never had the difficulty moving on players that Clement has had, due to the ridiculous wages, thus restricting him from doing the job he wants.

Well, except Herrera. :lol:

2 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Gerrard walked into a hungry morelos, fit jack, fit tav, and was given money to spend, not just on fees but wages

Clement walked into a squad with literally nothing, if we binned every single squad member when he arrived I doubt anyone would have cared

Absolutely hilarious to see you say 'fit Tav' the same guy you've slated on here for years. The serial loser as you call him.

Now hyping him up as some great player Gerrard had to begin with. 🤣

Totally ignoring Tav was part of teams getting pumped 4-1 of Hearts and shipping 4 or 5 regularly to the scum.

Gerrard improved him and put out a system to get the best out of him. 

Why are you acting like Clement has not been give money to spend? Hes spent £10m on three players!

Gerrard is a prick and Covid saved his job. But can people stop peddling this myth he spent much more money than Clement or he didn't have a huge rebuild to do.

At the end of the pedro season our fans would only have wanted to keep Tav, Jack and Morelos. Maybe Wallace.

End of last season people wanted to keep Butland, Sterling, Danilo, Diomande and Cortes. A large selection Yilmaz and many were happy with Balogun staying.

Situations are very similar but Clement had months more time in the job and previous managerial experience.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Absolutely hilarious to see you say 'fit Tav' the same guy you've slated on here for years. The serial loser as you call him.

Now hyping him up as some great player Gerrard had to begin with. 🤣

Totally ignoring Tav was part of teams getting pumped 4-1 of Hearts and shipping 4 or 5 regularly to the scum.

Gerrard improved him and put out a system to get the best out of him. 

Why are you acting like Clement has not been give money to spend? Hes spent £10m on three players!

Never said great player, i said fit, he's been honking defensively for years but at least could contribute going forward, he's neither now

Gerrard spent 8mill on his defence first summer, second season took kent for 7mill

Clement is at the exact same stage euro wise and is nowhere near getting 7mill for a player

4 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Never said great player, i said fit, he's been honking defensively for years but at least could contribute going forward, he's neither now

Gerrard spent 8mill on his defence first summer, second season took kent for 7mill

Clement is at the exact same stage euro wise and is nowhere near getting 7mill for a player

Would you trust him to spend £7m on a player when hes apparently spent £2m on a cunt that hasnt even "trained at this level"

Hes another lump of wood and needs to shape up or ship out 

11 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Would you trust him to spend £7m on a player when hes apparently spent £2m on a cunt that hasnt even "trained at this level"

Hes another lump of wood and needs to shape up or ship out 

Gerrard spent the same on grezda and 3/4mill on lafferty

On 13/08/2024 at 22:46, DT78 said:

celtic are 1/4 to win the league. Great price. Maybe if we all stick money on them we will either scud them or be able to buy a player next season with the winnings. It’s fucking heartbreaking.

Surprised the odds are that high. Easy money for them 

One of my pals told me that paddy power have already paid out on them winning the title.

Total insult with so many games to go. But that is where we are.

Phil said in an in terview the other day that we won't be up to scratch until October! How many poi ta will be drop before then?:furious:

The board are incompetent letting things get to this stage.

17 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Gerrard is a prick and Covid saved his job. But can people stop peddling this myth he spent much more money than Clement or he didn't have a huge rebuild to do.

Where are you seeing these made up myths? 

19 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Gerrard first summer he signed 

Goldson, arfield, coulibally, mcgregor, flanagan, barisic, katic, worrall, kent, murphy, lafferty, grezda (shite)

In jan he got defoe, davis and kamara

Clement so far has had, 

Diomande, cortes, propper, cerny, jefte, barron and 2 projects (thats on them i agree) 

And arguably gerrards rebuild was easier given the team he took over to the team clement took over

Clement has his faults big time still, but while still running about with cunts like cantwell, hagi, wright, tav etc, any manager will struggle

Love all your comparisons and contrasts, but the only fact that's important is that Gerrard won the league in his 3rd season. Fact. He also didn't have resources to do so over and above our main rival, and much of the revenue gained was from what his team achieved in Europe.

Do you have confidence Clement can achieve a league title win by the end of his 3rd season? If so why, if not then is this the right guy in charge of the right project?