Hitting a rock bottom

24 minutes ago, Blue Hugh said:

No one knew Le Guen was going to be a disaster though.

Hard graft and phsyciality is first and foremost  in this league though.

That’s the thing.He wouldn’t change and paid with his job.

Can still be a bit flash as long as you some fight in the middle of the park 

1 hour ago, RogerMellie said:

Just new on here so be gentle but why on earth did we go for a foreign manager?

Advocaat started well then it imploded.

Le Guen was a disaster.

Pedro was the worst ever.

Gio did get us to a European final but it started to go downhill the next season.

Our best managers have always been Scots.

McInnes is probably the only one that springs to mind unless Davie Moyes was interested but I would imagine finances would rule him out

Either us or the papes haven't had a scottish manager since mccoist chucked it for us (im not counting mccall) 

Fuck me they hired an aussie who'd never been to the west of the world by the looks of it and he absolutely bitch slapped scottish football over two years

We can continue to blame managers all we like, but lets face it, when your squad is littered with high wage, low value, absolute shite, any manager will struggle

2 hours ago, RogerMellie said:

Le Guen was a disaster.

Gio did get us to a European final but it started to go downhill the next season.

McInnes is probably the only one that springs to mind unless Davie Moyes was interested but I would imagine finances would rule him out

You lost me at criticising Dick Advocaat. 

2 hours ago, RogerMellie said:

Le Guen was a disaster.

The last league title won by a Scottish manager was 13 years ago.

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I’d take Davie Moyes in a heartbeat and said the same thing last night. PRECISELY what we need. Knows how to set up a team. 

Edit: no way could we afford him though

So people are furious that we hired a celtic fan into a marketing role, but are happy to take a celtic fan and ex-celtic player as our manager?

3 hours ago, Grundy said:

I really hope you're wrong, don't think McInnes is is someone to take us forward, but you might well be right.

I hope I'm wrong too, because 1. it would mean Clement has had a disaster and 2. It'd be a clear sign that we don't have the money to match the ambition of the fanbase.

But I think that is where we are at the minute and if the worst case scenario does happen, I think they'll look to him to work with a relative shoe-string budget much the same as we asked Big Eck to after Advocaat.

10 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

So people are furious that we hired a celtic fan into a marketing role, but are happy to take a celtic fan and ex-celtic player as our manager?

Moyes and his family were massive bluenoses before he joined the scum

6 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Moyes and his family were massive bluenoses before he joined the scum

No he wasn't. He's talked about how he was a boyhood celtic fan and how his father is too.

This is directly from an Interview on the West Ham website.

While he may have been away from home, the 58-year-old’s love affair with his boyhood club has endured, while his father David Sr., who was his coach at Drumchapel and is also a lifelong supporter, still lives in Glasgow and will be at celtic Park to watch his team take on the Irons on Saturday afternoon.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/july/23-july/david-moyes-his-return-glasgow-and-taking-his-father-saturdays-pre

Even if he did happen to support them as a child, we would be hiring him now, not 50 years ago, when he is vocally a celtic fan.

3 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Who do we get to replace the current mob though, that's the awful truth of the matter. It's not like there's anyone obvious sitting in the wings ready to take over and improve things. No prospective buyers either. 

We badly need a figure head at the club right now, someone who can galvanise everyone. I'm not saying him per se, but a Souness type would be great to have as a Chief Exec or some other position. 

Totally agree with this, but i don't think there is anyone who could actually do that now. Things are looking grim. Things can change fast in football tho, so we can only keep going, and No Surrender :UK:

40 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

His brother sits in Ibrox every week, he isn’t rabid and frankly, if he was good enough for Walter he’s good enough for me. 

My issue is with hiring the likes of the bitter cunts who call us huns and are often seen in their ground (e.g. O’Halloran). No issues with the likes of Neil McCann and various others who represented our club with class despite their old affiliations. 

27 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Would you have taken mckenna on a freebie earlier in the window? 

No, because he’s rabid as fuck

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

His brother sits in Ibrox every week, he isn’t rabid and frankly, if he was good enough for Walter he’s good enough for me. 

My issue is with hiring the likes of the bitter cunts who call us huns and are often seen in their ground (e.g. O’Halloran). No issues with the likes of Neil McCann and various others who represented our club with class despite their old affiliations. 

No, because he’s rabid as fuck

Spoke well about us many times too. I'm sure on Open Goal he said he was more of a Scotland fan as his dad would take him to all the games.

I have to say I’m my illustrious career on this earth this is the worst I have felt 

I have along with many a fan given up so much supporting the team I was born to follow. 

id rank this as the absolute worst 

I see no hope and no way out right now 

the board are a shambles with what seems like no back bone and they not care about us or Rangers and what it stands for 

players are pathetic and not the right quality to win a league 

manager disna get it , happy with a draw v hearts on day 1 fuck off !!!! 

just fucking dreadful 

6 minutes ago, tom1780 said:

I have to say I’m my illustrious career on this earth this is the worst I have felt 

I have along with many a fan given up so much supporting the team I was born to follow. 

id rank this as the absolute worst 

I see no hope and no way out right now 

the board are a shambles with what seems like no back bone and they not care about us or Rangers and what it stands for 

players are pathetic and not the right quality to win a league 

manager disna get it , happy with a draw v hearts on day 1 fuck off !!!! 

just fucking dreadful 

" no hope and no way out" sums things up perfectly unfortunately.

Let's be honest - we lucked out with Gerrard as he had the pulling power to attract ambitious young players -  and sellick dipped massively by appointing Lennon. A similar scenario won't be happening any time soon.

There is absolutely zero evidence that the current Board have the wherewithal to bridge the gap - and there is no prospect of any knights in shining armour waiting in the wings.

Another defeat or 2 will pile pressure on the Board - and we know the likely outcome there.

All things considered, it's feeling very close to rock bottom.