*****The Official Rangers v St Johnstone Match Thread*****

8 hours ago, HG5 said:

Pretty sure they include everybody who’s paid, irrespective of whether or not they actually go, mate.

I believe a separate number is available somewhere with actual attendees (for fire or H&S purposes or something).

Plenty of areas looked fairly sparsely populated, so pushing 45k actually there is a bit hard to believe.

Looking at the stands on the telly probably about 25k actually there. 

8 minutes ago, HG5 said:

That’s around what I thought, BD.

Perhaps 30k tops?

Possibly but the stands were sparse that they deemed to show and they picked the crowded pockets to feature at the goals. So we’ll never know.🤷🏼‍♂️

30 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Possibly but the stands were sparse that they deemed to show and they picked the crowded pockets to feature at the goals. So we’ll never know.🤷🏼‍♂️

Good point - not sure they showed much of the Main Stand, which would have given us a better idea.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Good point - not sure they showed much of the Main Stand, which would have given us a better idea.

Yup no shots of main stand which would give you a better idea. The ko time was ridiculous but apathy definitely setting in. 

49 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Yup no shots of main stand which would give you a better idea. The ko time was ridiculous but apathy definitely setting in. 

Yes, a good few factors feeding in to excuse it, but the patchiness of the performances has got to have an impact as well.

2 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

Huge waiting list. Doubt we have lost any

That's why I was confused, they're counting tickets sold when giving attendances, so if we had over 46k a couple of years ago then surely any attendance would start at 46k, although maybe if you make your seat available on seatsub and no one buys it, then that seat might no longer be counted as sold.

1 hour ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

I'm going to attempt to be positive here, I know we have obvious deficiencies but has the start of the season truly be so bad? We've had three pretty devastating defeats in all comps so far, but barring the tim game when we looked miles away from them, I think there's been extenuating circumstances with the others, Kiev was a sore one but I still believe we would've qualified if Jefte hadn't been ridiculously sent off, against Lyon they did look a class apart but if Cerny scores it's a different game, I know people will say if yer granny had baws, but this wasn't some wishful thinking opinion, you can't legislate for a player missing a wide open goal from 6 yards at 0-0, we take the lead and the whole atmosphere of the stadium changes.

In the League we've started relatvely well, P7 W5 D1 L1, we've only lost four goals, 3 in the one game, kept 5 clean sheets and had the joint biggest win of the season, I get some of the performances haven't been remotely good enough but it's a newish team, when's the last season we started with 5 new starters (Pröpper, Jefte, Barron, Bajrami & Cerny)? these things will take time, not many players are prepared for the pressure of having to win every game, and it's not like these new guys are walking into a dressing room full of winners, throw in the continuous injuries and we've struggled to catch a break as far as momentum is concerned.

On the whole I really don't think the season has started too badly, but Rangers are never just judged on Rangers, we're also judged against how that mob are doing, and the fact they beat us and still 100% in the league just makes it feel like our start has been poorer than it has been.

That being said, Clement has to be a bit more positive, particularly at home against the likes of St Johnstone.

2 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Looking at the stands on the telly probably about 25k actually there. 

Nah I think there was more than that, when you take into account Ibrox holds over 50k, for there to be 25k at the game there'd have to be as many empty seats as filled ones, and I don't think that was near to being the case, at a rough guestimate though, I'd say it would've been around the 35k mark.

*Edit - just realised I've quoted you twice in a row, am no trying to be a dick. 😂😂

17 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Nah I think there was more than that, when you take into account Ibrox holds over 50k, for there to be 25k at the game there'd have to be as many empty seats as filled ones, and I don't think that was near to being the case, at a rough guestimate though, I'd say it would've been around the 35k mark.

*Edit - just realised I've quoted you twice in a row, am no trying to be a dick. 😂😂

Can see where are coming from trying to be positive but all the signs say different. 👍🏻😉

45 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I'm going to attempt to be positive here, I know we have obvious deficiencies but has the start of the season truly be so bad? We've had three pretty devastating defeats in all comps so far, but barring the tim game when we looked miles away from them, I think there's been extenuating circumstances with the others, Kiev was a sore one but I still believe we would've qualified if Jefte hadn't been ridiculously sent off, against Lyon they did look a class apart but if Cerny scores it's a different game, I know people will say if yer granny had baws, but this wasn't some wishful thinking opinion, you can't legislate for a player missing a wide open goal from 6 yards at 0-0, we take the lead and the whole atmosphere of the stadium changes.

In the League we've started relatvely well, P7 W5 D1 L1, we've only lost four goals, 3 in the one game, kept 5 clean sheets and had the joint biggest win of the season, I get some of the performances haven't been remotely good enough but it's a newish team, when's the last season we started with 5 new starters (Pröpper, Jefte, Barron, Bajrami & Cerny)? these things will take time, not many players are prepared for the pressure of having to win every game, and it's not like these new guys are walking into a dressing room full of winners, throw in the continuous injuries and we've struggled to catch a break as far as momentum is concerned.

On the whole I really don't think the season has started too badly, but Rangers are never just judged on Rangers, we're also judged against how that mob are doing, and the fact they beat us and still 100% in the league just makes it feel like our start has been poorer than it has been.

That being said, Clement has to be a bit more positive, particularly at home against the likes of St Johnstone.

It’s just a season too far with no real chance of silverware, add in Hampden and the off field nonsense, and folk are just scunnered with the club.

The start hasn’t been horrific, and Kiev aside, we’re probably where you’d expect to be - but the football is just so bad, with no signs of improvement. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s just a season too far with no real chance of silverware, add in Hampden and the off field nonsense, and folk are just scunnered with the club.

The start hasn’t been horrific, and Kiev aside, where probably where you’d expect to be - but the football is just so bad, with no signs of improvement. 

My biggest gripe is the lack of creativity, you'd hope that the more Bajrami plays, and the more centrally he plays, the more his team mates will read his passes, he's the one guy I think could spark us. Like I said though with 5 new starters, it was always going to be a work in progress, defensively they've looked pretty solid barring the Old Firm game, a lot of managers tend to focus on that side of it before looking to more expansive, I don't know if big Phil is that kinda coach, if he is then I think that at least gives some kind of explanation to it.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/13682315/rangers-dessers-double-red-error-sfa-review-panel-celtic/?utm_campaign=native_share&utm_source=sharebar_native&utm_medium=sharebar_native

Review panel voted 4:1 that we'd been denied a pen by the ref and var.

Their player was already on a yellow and would undoubtedly have been booked and sent off as he made no effort to genuinely play the ball.