Should Rangers Attack Barcelona At The Nou Camp?

WATPRFC1872.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should not be playing 4-5-1 over there with the home crowd and Messi diving all over the place i can see more than a few free kicks around the box if we play far too deep. We have absolutely nothing to lose in the game, a point does little good the way the group sits now, so I say go for it.

He holds the ball well, but whats the point in doing that if you have'nt got the support I mean after a long ball he's stood up there on his own waiting for support.

He holds the ball well, but whats the point in doing that if you have'nt got the support I mean after a long ball he's stood up there on his own waiting for support.

He can hold the ball for a short time,then it gets took off him,i would put cousin on the bench next week and get novo and darche upfront,all we need is 3 points and hopefully the players know that its possible to get a victory,its 11vs 11

Guest GabyAmatoAppreciationSocie

Being sensible for a minute, a point against Barca at home would mean that we are more than likely to take 2 more points off Barca than either Stutt or Lyon.

Don't let glamour or heroics cloud your vision.

The ideal plan for us is...

a pacy forward outlet upfront that can hold the ball to give us a release for 60 minutes (JCD)

a midfield packed that stops our defenders getting knackered.

A solid back four that can be easily swapped like for like in case of injury or tiredness (the usual back four tbh)

then introduce Novo/DMB in place of JCD up front after 60-65 mins.

or swap lee mcculloch wide for Cousin up front if we're getting beat with 20 minutes to go.

it would be stupid to go gung ho at this game. we've built a fabulous rep on the back of the first three games. can't understand why so many would want to ruin that by going balls-out at Barca and getting us pumped 6-0 - which I can assure you is what would happen if we did something funda-fucking-mentally stupid like going 4-3-fucking-3!!!

for the love of christ - have ye NO BRAINS!

a semi attacking 4-5-1 as with lyon.

same tactics really, defend then take the odd gamble on the attack when the times right.

usual defence

hendami / thompson

novo ferguson thompson/adam mccullough

cousin

wouldn chase the win if we were holding them tho

Well said GAAS (tu)

We need to get a sense of realism here. This isn't Tannadice or Tynecastle and it isn't Dundee Utd or Hearts that we are playing, it's Barcalona at the Nou Camp FFS.

Let's not let our despertaion to see 2 strikers in the SPL spill over to the European stage too.

We can't afford to give Barca space and time as they will punish us. Our group is going to be tight and we have a goal differenrce over Lyon that is as good as a point advantage IMO. If we give Barca space and time then they could do serious damage to our GD.

Despite poor SPL performances lately, I really don't think that we are in a position to moan, in terms of the Champions League, as WS has got everything spot on up to this point, including the Lyon game where people demanidng 2 upfront as we had "nothing to lose" and look how that turned out.

WS reslishes and thrives on being the underdog and in Barca we will be, so lets just enjoy the fact that we are dining at the same table as a team as great as they are, and hope that we can take something, anything, from the game.

very few teams in this world could go to the nou camp, go for it and not be embarassed at the end of it.

lets be realistic. keep it tight for say 75 minutes and if its 0-0 or 1-0 to barca, throw on another forward for the last 10 or 15 minutes and try and get a goal from a set piece.

last thing we want is a 5-0 gubbing.

I don't think the Goal Difference is a big deal in the CL, it is based on head to heads. So if Lyon do end up having the same amount of points as us they would need to score 4 goals at Ibrox to go infront....well I think so anyway

Being sensible for a minute, a point against Barca at home would mean that we are more than likely to take 2 more points off Barca than either Stutt or Lyon.

Don't let glamour or heroics cloud your vision.

The ideal plan for us is...

a pacy forward outlet upfront that can hold the ball to give us a release for 60 minutes (JCD)

a midfield packed that stops our defenders getting knackered.

A solid back four that can be easily swapped like for like in case of injury or tiredness (the usual back four tbh)

then introduce Novo/DMB in place of JCD up front after 60-65 mins.

or swap lee mcculloch wide for Cousin up front if we're getting beat with 20 minutes to go.

it would be stupid to go gung ho at this game. we've built a fabulous rep on the back of the first three games. can't understand why so many would want to ruin that by going balls-out at Barca and getting us pumped 6-0 - which I can assure you is what would happen if we did something funda-fucking-mentally stupid like going 4-3-fucking-3!!!

for the love of christ - have ye NO BRAINS!

Spot on mate (tu)

Attacking Barca at the Nou Camp would be suicide.

--------Hemdani----Ferguson-----------

-----------------Adam-------------------

--Beasley--------------------McCulloch--

---------------Darcheville----------------

After 60 or so mins, Novo on for either winger or striker

--------Hemdani----Ferguson-----------

-----------------Adam-------------------

--Beasley--------------------McCulloch--

---------------Darcheville----------------

After 60 or so mins, Novo on for either winger or striker

I'd put McCulloch where Adam is and put Beasley left with Darche right and Cousin up front.

...........Hemdani.................Fergie.........

......................McCulloch...................

Darche............................................Beasley

...................Cousin...................

I don't see Darcheville playing on the flank, we need someone capable of defending of there. It needs to be 4-5-1 against Barca, and maybe Gers' can knick one on a set piece or a counter. Those who think we should play 4-4-2 need to refresh their memory as to how many times our 10th or even 11th defender was the difference in preventing a goal last week. Give Messi/Henry/Iniesta/Ronaldinho space and we shall pay multiple goals. Get realistic here, and don't show blind ignorance in supporting some sort of preposterous attacking formation at the outset.

Walter will choose:

---------AM----------

Blue Cafu-Cuellar-Weir-Papac

--------Hemdani----------

Beasley-Ferguson-Adam-McCulloch

-----------JCD-------------------

Tell JCD to run himself into the ground, and at 70 mins bring on Cousin (and Novo for McCulloch if we are not leading).

People slating Walter Smith's performance in the CL is ludicrous, every decision he has made there has been spot on- even starting Adam against Stuttgart, which I strongly disagreed with. Adam scored a great goal to equalize.

Teams come to ibrox and defend all the time - and its always a bit of a shock when someone comes and attacks (except during the PLG debacle) - so attacking formation may just be a bit of a shock for Barcalona - If they score keep attacking and maybe nick a goal - or at least some respect OR (My desire!!) score the first goal and then revert to 451 (or 550) and then defend like FK!!!!! :lol: