* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

1 hour ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Celtic have a few good players, Roberts being one. Why do some find that so difficult to admit? It doesn't mean you have to like them or respect them.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It's exhausting. 

Before you both start crying, who actually said they weren't good players? 

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not willing to get that pedantic about the whole thing. 

:lol: 

He started 2 fucking league games. You're talking about a club with an endless amount of money spending pennies, to them, on a player that their scouts looked at and talked up as a future superstar. Try putting the whole thing in to context and it isn't as impressive as you're trying to make out. 

He might well turn out to be amazing but until then, calm the fuck down..

4 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I seen in the paper they're after the young lad Bamford from Chelsea as well.  

Got a lot of time for the lad, but, if he does sign for the Tims, I hope it goes as well for him as it did at Palace!

23 minutes ago, King Jela said:

:lol: 

He started 2 fucking league games. You're talking about a club with an endless amount of money spending pennies, to them, on a player that their scouts looked at and talked up as a future superstar. Try putting the whole thing in to context and it isn't as impressive as you're trying to make out. 

He might well turn out to be amazing but until then, calm the fuck down..

I never knew who Patrick Roberts was until he moved to Celtic.  I don't really care what he did in England or how much Man City paid for him.  I base my own opinion on what I've seen of the guy.  He looks like a dangerous player and SPFL teams will struggle to contain him. 

21 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Got a lot of time for the lad, but, if he does sign for the Tims, I hope it goes as well for him as it did at Palace!

I've not seem much of Bamford but I remember someone talking the guy up on the transfer section.  I'm still hoping we get the young guy James Wilson from Man United. 

44 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I've not seem much of Bamford but I remember someone talking the guy up on the transfer section.  I'm still hoping we get the young guy James Wilson from Man United. 

He did OK with Derby & Boro, but lost a year with Palace, then Norwich last year.

Wilson was 1 in 5 for Brighton, but seems quite highly rated.

Is he a realistic prospect for us?

Wonder if those lovely chaps at police Scotland who frequent here would like a look at this video,only two minutes into the bheasts standing area and it's the I ran away pish already,nice and clear pictures of the faces of those singing it too,should be easy pickings gentlemen 

29 minutes ago, HG5 said:

He did OK with Derby & Boro, but lost a year with Palace, then Norwich last year.

Wilson was 1 in 5 for Brighton, but seems quite highly rated.

Is he a realistic prospect for us?

Not sure how realistic the move is.  It was a guy on FollowFollow who has had a few things right that said we were interested.  I think he's definitely the type of player we should be looking at.

I never knew who Patrick Roberts was until he moved to Celtic.  I don't really care what he did in England or how much Man City paid for him.  I base my own opinion on what I've seen of the guy.  He looks like a dangerous player and SPFL teams will struggle to contain him. 

You've got an opinion on every other player ya tadger 

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Not sure how realistic the move is.  It was a guy on FollowFollow who has had a few things right that said we were interested.  I think he's definitely the type of player we should be looking at.

We'll see what develops...?

1 hour ago, heathen fish boy said:

Wonder if those lovely chaps at police Scotland who frequent here would like a look at this video,only two minutes into the bheasts standing area and it's the I ran away pish already,nice and clear pictures of the faces of those singing it too,should be easy pickings gentlemen 

Probably plod was taking the vid m8, you know to show it to his pals.

7 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

City spent what is pennies to them on roberts in the hope he becomes good enough to pad out their squad as a home grown player , its those rules that are pushing up the transfer fees of kids down there

How much is Roberts worth? (to city not Celtic) I would rate him as being 2 million at the very maximum. There is a player in there, but right now he's in a shit squad and like @Rangers_no1 said, he's best by default. Fuck everyone on here would look like Messi next to Lego Eater.

Roberts doesn't do anything special, nothing more than what Barrie McKay does and I'd say there's more value in McKay than Roberts. For the fact that he can't miss an open fucking goal :lol: 

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

How much is Roberts worth? (to city not Celtic) I would rate him as being 2 million at the very maximum. There is a player in there, but right now he's in a shit squad and like @Rangers_no1 said, he's best by default. Fuck everyone on here would look like Messi next to Lego Eater.

Roberts doesn't do anything special, nothing more than what Barrie McKay does and I'd say there's more value in McKay than Roberts. For the fact that he can't miss an open fucking goal :lol: 

Would u say Roberts is worth more than say cummings then?

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Would u say Roberts is worth more than say cummings then?

Roberts is a winger right? Cummings is an out n out striker. 

I'd value Cummings more in the current squad for his scoring capabilities, Roberts I wouldn't consider at all because we're sound on pushing up the park and creating chances (we've got McKay after all) 

But by themselves is hard to say because they have different roles.

3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Tbh i couldnt tell u i havent seen enough of him but what i have seen he doesnt look special and seems vastly overrated just because of the fee , what i do hope is his career is a complete failure while he plays for the tarriers

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

Tbh i couldnt tell u i havent seen enough of him but what i have seen he doesnt look special and seems vastly overrated just because of the fee , what i do hope is his career is a complete failure while he plays for the tarriers

It likely will be to be honest. Celtic is a mess right now that is in the transition of play styles. There is still remements of an old play style that just don't work with what Brendan (or the rest of non-scottish football) is implementing. Brown can't pass to save his life. 

Roberts is use to the play style that english football (and we) use. You'd see a different Roberts under us than you would at Celtic right now anyway.  

Roberts has scored like 8 goals in his whole professional career and starting to get injuries that young is a worry. It says a lot that people say he is their best player, yet hes a loan. 

Griffths will ruffle a few feathers in the dressing room because it seems Rodgers will favour Dembele leaving Griffiths outwide. Good plan for us over the season tbh. 

Sinclair? Meh. 50/50 chance he will be decent. Can you really discover your form from 6 years ago after playing an average of 10 games a season since? 

Tbh none of these players strike any fear into me. The signings they've made and the wages they 3 will be on means they are banking on the CL money. If they miss out and we win the league wait tae ye see the whoring out of that OConnell kid next. 40 million pounds, no 50 million pounds

Archived