* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

7 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

With CL football on offer and a recognised manager, the players they will attract will be better than the last few years.

them going through tonight was a disaster for us tbh. Had we not fucked up the SC final and got into Europa league not so bad, but we didn't. Massive pressure on our board to deliver on some promises 

No..a disaster was where we were 4 years ago. They should be miles ahead of us.. they're not.

Keep a wee bit of perspective.

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rodgers believes in duds like Forrest, Brown, Janko etc.

Plus Dembele doesn't look like the world beater he's made out to be, he's a powerful runner but his finishing seems to be a bit wayward. 

Sinclair was anonymous and lightweight tonight when the going got tough. They're a pretty weak side that aren't unbeatable, yes they're in a better position but we need to believe we can make it awkward for these cunts and they will start to crumble, the Celtic way

1 minute ago, DietofWorms said:

No..a disaster was where we were 4 years ago. They should be miles ahead of us.. they're not.

Keep a wee bit of perspective.

Ok disaster is a bit dramatic. But certainly a major setback in terms of getting back to the top of Scottish football. 

3 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

And even if it did, they whacked 4 mil on Sinclair ffs :lol: its no as if they are going to get a team full of superstars 

The amount of money they're spending on the tranny pumper and his players shows just how desperate they are not to lose the title to us. We have spent minimal amounts building a team that will compete for the long term. Rodgers is a chequebook manager and a shite one at that. As already mentioned they should be miles ahead of us considering what we've been through the last few years. Fuck the tims. Our future is bright no matter what's happening over at the tattiedome. Time to concentrate on ourselves again.

6 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

He'll find his place soon enough, his greatest benefit for us is being able to get free kicks and force errors. He can also do some great tackles off the ball. 

Barton also just passes the ball, he doesn't run with it much and doesn't do anything fancy. Knows what man he's passing it too before getting the ball, gets the ball and passes it. Which I can appreciate, just a good bit of directness and as we've seen with Niko, it's a huge benefit.  

He does have some proving to do, but I think we'll see a bit of brilliance (or horror) at the old firm. People know he's a wind up merchant and will happily take shots at him, thus giving us free kicks. We keep possession and so on. 

Another pleasing part of his game is the number of chances we create from his tackling/breaking up of the play. A few times he's made some fantastic crunching tackles, laid it off and we've went up the park and created clear goal scoring chances, which has already resulted in us scoring.

His lack of pre season, not being in the US, and not having 'normal' pre season friendlies hasn't helped his integration and match fitness IMO. That's not an excuse but I think we will see him get better and better as the season goes on. As I said though, I think he's been okay so far.

The old firm game will certainly be an eye opener..........

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

His lack of pre season, not being in the US, and not having 'normal' pre season friendlies hasn't helped his integration and match fitness IMO. That's not an excuse but I think we will see him get better and better as the season goes on. As I said though, I think he's been okay so far.

The old firm game will certainly be an eye opener..........

Yeah, the extra few sessions would've helped him. He did do training but team training is what's needed. In saying that he might find that the English style of play we employ is easy to walk into. He's making progress that's a certainty.

I could see a few yellow cards depending on the Ref. Especially after seeing how crazy Waghorn, Forrester, Kiernan and Barton can be. 

Honestly couldn't give a flying fuck that they qualified, would rather they didn't but fuck them, our success this season will be determined by us, not them and how much money the have. Fuck Rodgers, Lawwell, Desmond, Brown , and fuck Sturgeon. 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Yeah, the extra few sessions would've helped him. He did do training but team training is what's needed. In saying that he might find that the English style of play we employ is easy to walk into. He's making progress that's a certainty.

I could see a few yellow cards depending on the Ref. Especially after seeing how crazy Waghorn, Forrester, Kiernan and Barton can be. 

Think i'd be more worried about Handsome than Joey losing the nut. I think Joey's days of losing the nut are long gone (he says!). He's already been done a few times this season and took it like a man. He's defo grown up these past few years. He will defo rile and wind up legoheid though........

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

Think i'd be more worried about Handsome than Joey losing the nut. I think Joey's days of losing the nut are long gone (he says!). He's already been done a few times this season and took it like a man. He's defo grown up these past few years. He will defo rile and wind up legoheid though........

Big Niko :wub: ? 

Yeah, he has. and that right now is where he shines n that he'll win us free kicks and such. Allow us to retain possession and such. 

Legohead would wind himself up :lol: I mean imagine Broonaldo sharing a midfield with

Halliday - Who has already back pocketed him

Barton - Who can wind him up like he's a toy

Rossiter - Whose a tough wee bastard. 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Big Niko :wub: ? 

Yeah, he has. and that right now is where he shines n that he'll win us free kicks and such. Allow us to retain possession and such. 

Legohead would wind himself up :lol: I mean imagine Broonaldo sharing a midfield with

Halliday - Who has already back pocketed him

Barton - Who can wind him up like he's a toy

Rossiter - Whose a tough wee bastard. 

Handsome Harry!

Hey,new here and just trying to put myself out there 

After watching that tonight im not as worried about the old firm as I was,I hope they play janko cause mckay will rip him a new one,and ye old lego muncher against joey will be class ..cant wait WATP:541:

37 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

And my last post about them for tonight

Please play Janko in the Old Firm, Barrie McKay will rip the wee skinny bastard apart

This, 

just said aid the same thing to my laddie, he was fucking hopeless tonight!!...wee Barrie or MOH will run him ragged!!!

41 minutes ago, BlueCafu1872 said:

Hey,new here and just trying to put myself out there 

After watching that tonight im not as worried about the old firm as I was,I hope they play janko cause mckay will rip him a new one,and ye old lego muncher against joey will be class ..cant wait WATP:541:

New you say?

Have you introduced yourself in the OT yet?

Archived