* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

for the clubs benefit aye, but as a fan id hate to be scudded 6 times in the group stages, the season with unirea was utterly demoralising as a fan even if the club banked nearly 20million quid

Yeah of course but we need to be realistic here, we are a Scottish club playing in a league filled with shite earning peanuts. We simply cannot and will not be able to compete with 90% of the teams in the CL group stages anymore...that's just a sad reality.

We NEED to get there though because one appearance in those group stages at £15-20 million is more than we would make winning 6-7 titles in a row in this country.

The tim board wont be giving a fuck if they get raped...they care only about £ which is the case for most clubs hierarchy playing in gutter leagues.

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 0:14 AM, Supersonic said:

Match the fine for Palestine :ohmy::lol:

https://www.gofundme.com/matchfinepalestine

They're unbelievable sometimes, they really are - pledging to raise and donate to them because they feel they've so much in common with them :lol:

And this guy here is clearly talking the biggest amount of made up shite ever:

Looks like these cunts can actually spell better than the greenie brigood..enjoy the rockets :uk: 

When the draw was made all emphasis was on them avoiding Dundalk but when you dug down into the Israeli side they were  almost on a par and i said on this forum before a ball was kicked this was a bye for them. I expected them to win by a few at parkhead but last night i thought they could have won again or drawn. The fact that they came so close to actually blowing this would give me the massive fear if i was one of them, there is no hiding place now, no Kazakhs, Gibraltarians nor Israeli's and given that they have struggled away from home to these minnows  it wouldn't fill you with confidence.

On here there was a post about John Barnes saying they are the most deluded bunch and makes me ask how can you wildly celebrate a 0-2 defeat to minnows after  almost blowing the whole thing?

Of course its the financial side of things that matters but on the football field where it used to matter they are indeed nothing more than a  plastic CL team well out their depth. Their fans are cringe worthy wildly celebrating a 0-2 defeat in Israel, they have lost their  pride but they certainly have no shame.

2 hours ago, centenarystand said:

When the draw was made all emphasis was on them avoiding Dundalk but when you dug down into the Israeli side they were  almost on a par and i said on this forum before a ball was kicked this was a bye for them. I expected them to win by a few at parkhead but last night i thought they could have won again or drawn. The fact that they came so close to actually blowing this would give me the massive fear if i was one of them, there is no hiding place now, no Kazakhs, Gibraltarians nor Israeli's and given that they have struggled away from home to these minnows  it wouldn't fill you with confidence.

On here there was a post about John Barnes saying they are the most deluded bunch and makes me ask how can you wildly celebrate a 0-2 defeat to minnows after  almost blowing the whole thing?

Of course its the financial side of things that matters but on the football field where it used to matter they are indeed nothing more than a  plastic CL team well out their depth. Their fans are cringe worthy wildly celebrating a 0-2 defeat in Israel, they have lost their  pride but they certainly have no shame.

I never watched any of their games so wouldn't know. I've seen a couple of tims saying that's one of the better teams they've played in qualifiers in recent years, one even said he rates them as a better team than the Legia Warsaw side that hammered them.

Probably just trying to big up the achievement of qualifying to be fair but it was an interesting view.

7 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I never watched any of their games so wouldn't know. I've seen a couple of tims saying that's one of the better teams they've played in qualifiers in recent years, one even said he rates them as a better team than the Legia Warsaw side that hammered them.

Probably just trying to big up the achievement of qualifying to be fair but it was an interesting view.

Only a tim could could come out with that.

H Beer Sheva Ten-year European record (UEFA Champions League unless indicated otherwise)
2015/16: UEFA Europa League second qualifying round
2014/15: UEFA Europa League second qualifying round
2013/14: did not take part in UEFA competition
2012/13: did not take part in UEFA competition 
2011/12: did not take part in UEFA competition
2010/11: did not take part in UEFA competition
2009/10: did not take part in UEFA competition 
2008/09: did not take part in UEFA competition
2007/08: did not take part in UEFA competition 
2006/07: did not take part in UEFA competition

This was a poor European side if ever there was one.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

for the clubs benefit aye, but as a fan id hate to be scudded 6 times in the group stages, the season with unirea was utterly demoralising as a fan even if the club banked nearly 20million quid

If you qualify for the Champions League no one expects you to win it.  You're in it for the multi-millions and the glamour ties. 

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If you qualify for the Champions League no one expects you to win it.  You're in it for the multi-millions and the glamour ties. 

Don't talk shite. It's the most prestigious club tournament in world football you want to be in amongst it and playing the best. As JBJ says 100  million quid wouldn't have cheered me up after that unirea Savilla and stuttgart group.

As a Rangers fan I'm interested in my club doing as well as possible not how much it's banked. Last 16 season was excellent and again it wasn't due to how much money we made.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Don't talk shite. It's the most prestigious club tournament in world football you want to be in amongst it and playing the best. As JBJ says 100  million quid wouldn't have cheered me up after that unirea Savilla and stuttgart group.

As a Rangers fan I'm interested in my club doing as well as possible not how much it's banked. Last 16 season was excellent and again it wasn't due to how much money we made.

Competing in the Champions League regularly brings in the type of money and prestige needed to attract a higher standard of player.  Only by qualifying for the Champions League regularly can a Scottish club hope to raise itself to a level whereby it can compete.  I would happily see Rangers be the whipping boys for 3-4 years if it meant £100m earned and a dozen top quality players through the door. 

I wanted us to win that Scottish Cup final more than anything.  If we had our goal would've been to reach the Europa League group stages.  If we got to the group stages and were guaranteed European football up until Christmas that would've been enough for us.  It would've been a platform on which to build.  You can't just expect to win it overnight, it's a process.

11 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

That season was probably more disappointing due to the standard of opposition in the group. We'd have been looking at that thinking we should have qualified from it. Wouldn't have classed any of those games as glamour ties either, it could just as easily been a Europa League group IMO which also took the shine off the campaign a bit for me before it had even started.

33 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

14 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

That season was probably more disappointing due to the standard of opposition in the group. We'd have been looking at that thinking we should have qualified from it. Wouldn't have classed any of those games as glamour ties either, it could just as easily been a Europa League group IMO which also took the shine off the campaign a bit for me before it had even started.

okay then, heres a question

Season 07-08 european run where we ended up making a loss overall that season, or
getting fucked 6 times but banking 20 odd million and the club making a profit

as a fan there is no contest for me, manchester 2008 was the best thing i have ever seen as a rangers fan, we had a glamour group aye but we didnt take the pumpings (not all of them anyway) and we certainly didnt make any fucking money out of it

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Season 07-08 european run where we ended up making a loss overall that season, or

as a fan there is no contest for me, manchester 2008 was the best thing i have ever seen as a rangers fan, we had a glamour group aye but we didnt take the pumpings (not all of them anyway) and we certainly didnt make any fucking money out of it

I've not suggested anywhere I'd be happy to take 6 beatings as long as we made money.

I actually said we should've been looking to progress the year we had Sevilla, Stuttgart & Unirea and that's what made it even more disappointing when we only took 2 points.

I do believe that once you're in the group that anything after that point is a bonus depending on who you get drawn with but I'd take a 3rd place finish and a loss making run to the latter stages of Europa League over 6 beatings and a payday every day of the week.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

In an ideal world the club would make money and have a sustained run in Europe each season.  I don't necessarily believe it has to be one or the other. 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Ideally 3 shite teams in there group, no glamour ties and they get pumped into 4th.

All the time were riding box seat, going about our business :)

Leicester, Legia and Ludogorets in the same group hopefully :lol:

Don't want them getting any glamour ties but if they get Man City...Then I would expect Man City to give them a right proper doing..Plus the City fans who come up will almost certainly sing The Sash to wind the cnuts right up..they will join in when I start it..:541:

Archived