Am I in the wrong

papaguy51

While I always vote in favour of the Gers in these types of polls, I must ask....

Am I wrong due to the fact that I havent felt as nervous about a game as the Scotland game on Saturday for years. I put it down to the Gers not being involved in many cup finals etc in the past few years, but please tell me if I'm doing the Gers a disservice here.

Shitting myself already for Saturday.

dont get me wrong, i love rangers, but i love the national squad aswell, weve been through a lot of bad times with vogts and waited for our time to come, now its so close we can smell it yet it can all go down hill. we are almost there

rangers always come first and scotland second. :rangers:

I'd go with this too.

But I must admit, loyalties would be stretched if the God Of Football offered me either a win for Rangers v St Mirren, or a win for Scotland v Italy.

No. You're not wrong - you're verging towards the right in fact.

Your nation is more important than your club because your nation defines your people and thus, defines who you are as a person.

Your club defines you - or if our lucky, your family history since the clubs inception.

Plus, Scotland will either lose or draw on Saturday. So stop bricking it. It will not come down to this game - of this I am certain.

France will lose against Ukraine. I am sure of it - and our draw (I hope) against Italy will see us an the italians through.

I'd go with this too.

But I must admit, loyalties would be stretched if the God Of Football offered me either a win for Rangers v St Mirren, or a win for Scotland v Italy.

Na I wouldnt, Rangers every time no matter the game.

Just not an International fan.

Your nation is more important than your club because your nation defines your people and thus, defines who you are as a person.

Your club defines you - or if our lucky, your family history since the clubs inception.

Plus, Scotland will either lose or draw on Saturday. So stop bricking it. It will not come down to this game - of this I am certain.

France will lose against Ukraine. I am sure of it - and our draw (I hope) against Italy will see us an the italians through.

So papa has a ginger wig and repeats "see you jimmy" incessantly ?

I'd go with this too.

Na I wouldnt, Rangers every time no matter the game.

Just not an International fan.

I'm not going to lie, I think I'd probably take Scotland..only due to Celtic being so wonky, we would make up any minor advantage they take on us.

With Scotland, it's now or never. And to think that England may not qualify into the bargain.

So papa has a ginger wig and repeats "see you jimmy" incessantly ?

I do have a SYJ wig. And it's warmer than any bunnet I've ever had!

I'd go with this too.

lauders.jpg:craphead:

I'd go with this too.

i respect your views, but if it meant rangers losing any game and scotland winning a game to qualify i would not take the offer, as my opinion is that if you love the club then nothing should come before them, but thats only my opinion, and other people are allowed their opinions.

I'd go with this too.

i respect your views, but if it meant rangers losing any game and scotland winning a game to qualify i would not take the offer, as my opinion is that if you love the club then nothing should come before them, but thats only my opinion, and other people are allowed their opinions.

I can see your point Minstral but I think its just some putting some perspective on it.

For example, I have a seat at Ibrox with few stairs where it is ideal due to my disability of ending up with fatique but the fact is I miss Celtic because I'm in the Broomloan front but I put things into perspective and tell myself that is only 2 or 3 games a season I'll miss, at home.

Just an example, that comes to mind.

I'd go with this too.

If it wasn't a deadly defeat ie losing a cup final, or a deciding game, then obviously I wouldn't pick anyone over the Gers.

But a draw or a defeat before Xmas up against a extremely dodgy Celtic team, or a win for your countries first national tournament (probably) in 10 years in the place of the English (after the Vogts experiences).....gawd I'd hate to pick.

Would like both :)

While I always vote in favour of the Gers in these types of polls, I must ask....

Am I wrong due to the fact that I havent felt as nervous about a game as the Scotland game on Saturday for years. I put it down to the Gers not being involved in many cup finals etc in the past few years, but please tell me if I'm doing the Gers a disservice here.

For once :craphead: I totally agree. lol

1-0 . Boydy :pipehorse:

Really find this "either/or" stuff a bit hard to stomach, personally. Love Rangers, love Scotland, support both with passion, and see no reasons for erecting artificial barriers between the two. I truly believe we can do the business come Saturday, and so should the team - twice, they put France to the sword. They have the ability and the desire to make this dream a reality, so let it be done!

Can we still qualify if we draw,and Ukraine beat the french? :unsure:

why does it have to be one over the other? Do they ever play each other? No.

doesn't matter which one you prefer as Rangers losing a game in order for Scotland to win is simply never going to be an issue.

I have a sneaky suspicion that we could do it on Saturday...i think if we have Hutton bombing it down the right with Fletcher,Fergie and Broon playing the way they can then don't write us off.

The whole onus will be on Faddy and the Italians will have him watched so i expect Miller to pop one in.The Italians will either be so up for it or so down after the death of the lazio fan and the subsequent riots that either could work in our favour.

If they go all out attack then our nippy players could cause some damage and i think our defence and keeper is one of the best around at the moment.

I also think the Ukraine could turn the French over in Kiev,they are a very proud nation and with 100,000 Ukrainians screaming for 90 minutes our luck just could be in.

Can we still qualify if we draw,and Ukraine beat the french? :unsure:

yes - pretty sure its results aganst each other that count first in the event of a points draw.

I really hope scotland qualify - not just because it has been 10 years since we were at a major tournament but also because I truly think this squad can do the unheard of and actually qualify for the knockout stages.

This would be something our nation has never done before and it would be one hell of a party time.

I dont see the point in hypothetical questions about scotland winning a game or rangers winning a game, we don't have that choice - I want both teams to win every time they play. The two never come into conflict, they never play on the same day so there is no reason not to support both.

Obviously Rangers is the day to day of life and we live with our feelings wrapped around their results on a weekly basis, but I'm sure we will all feel something a bit special if scotland go and beat the Italians (except Del Juve :lol: ), just as we all feel something special every time the gers take to the pitch

Support of Rangers and Scotland need not be exclusive of each other.

Personally I find it difficult to have the same amount of excitement and/or interest in the national team as I do Rangers but that doesn't mean I don't experience the same emotions from time to time.

If it came down to choosing between Scotland qualifying for Euro 2008 or Rangers qualifying for the last 16 of the CL, it would be Rangers every time for me. That's quite a simplistic example but I think the best way to explain for me is that Rangers' success is more of a day-to-day bearing on my quality of life than Scotland's success.

What I would say is we should all be enjoying both our favorite teams doing so well in what are undoubtedly the hardest sections in their respective competitions. Already I'd say both have exceeded expectations and both deserve huge praise for that.