I am actually relatively pleased.

JR

For weeks we have been mediocre to say the least but we never looked in any trouble at all today. We probably created more chances today than we have in our last 5 visits to "The Ewe Camp" put together, and for about an hour of that was with only 10 men.

Yes, we could've and probably should've taken all three points but in light of what actually happened during the game Im reasonably happy.

Yes, we can point the finger at LM for being sent off - but Im personally not going to be too hard on him. He grew up a Ger and knows what this particular fixture is all about from a fan's point of view, so when he sees a team mate being assaulted in the manner Hutton was...I'm disappointed that the red mist came down, but not surprised. If I'm totally honest I think I wouldve been pushed to not react myself.

We went to a notoriously difficult venue and should've won it with 10 men, we put in a battling gritty performance but also created some great chances. The fact we are complaining about dropping 2 points shows how well we played.

My only hope is we kick on from here - if we go into the next few games with the same attitude and form, I for one will be a pleased man.

Agreed - plenty of pluses today. Naismith obviously, but Thomson continues to improve IMO. Adam also put in another decent shift (two in a row!) Obviously Cuellar was superb, but we knew that already.

I hope McCulloch has already apologised to his team mates as he let them down big time today.

result aside, i think that was one of our best away performances and we were unlucky not to come away with a win, even when the zander diamond chance went flying by, I thought it just wasnt going to be our day

I would rather we played shit and won.

A performance with effort < 3 points.

Of course, I would ultimately rather we played WELL and won above both of them.

Of course - as would I.

But I know how disappointed you were about the Hearts performance, and we won that - this was ten times better and only the Linesmans opinion denied us all 3 points.

If the performances get better, the results will follow - I just hope today was a catalyst.

Mcculloch being suspended might let a few other players get a look in. Blessing in disguise.

Yip of course losing a player who has scored two of and had a direct hand in another two of the past six goals we have scored domestically could be a good thing :rolleyes:

If anything it's going to expose the weaknesses of a Buffel or in the more likely event a Burke as we wont alter our style of play to suit them and as a result they wont play at their best in our current set up and system.

Is Burke or Buffel going to win as many 60 yard long balls as McCulloch?

People seem to be unfairly making McCulloch the scrapgoat becuase of all this "anti football" garbage, but in reality he is one of the most vital players to our team, in terms of our style of play and his contribution to goals.

We should of won but im still proud. To go to Aberdeen is hard enough but to go there, have a referee giving almost everything against you and being down to ten men for a full 45 minutes is a good achievement.

Is it just me that thinks byrne should of been given a straight red earlier on for fouling cousin as the last man?

Of course - as would I.

But I know how disappointed you were about the Hearts performance, and we won that - this was ten times better and only the Linesmans opinion denied us all 3 points.

If the performances get better, the results will follow - I just hope today was a catalyst.

I will await consistency before reacting with belief of better fortune ahead. Until we finally go a run of 10 games unbeaten with the majority of results victories, I really don't think we've turned any kind of corner.

Look at the results following that superb win against the tims. Raising our game every so often means nothing. Consistency means everything.

Mcculloch being suspended might let a few other players get a look in. Blessing in disguise.

Yip of course losing a player who has scored two of and had a direct hand in another two of the past six goals we have scored domestically could be a good thing :rolleyes:

If anything it's going to expose the weaknesses of a Buffel or in the more likely event a Burke as we wont alter our style of play to suit them and as a result they wont play at their best in our current set up and system.

People seem to be unfairly making McCulloch the scrapgoat becuase of all this "anti football" garbage, but in reality he is one of the most vital players to our team, in terms of our style of play and his contribution to goals.

With respect, not everybody is as appreciative at McCulloch winning those 60 yard balls you mention.

An example of this is this thread: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...t&p=2147576

Additionally, Lee has been poor for some time now, not me saying that if we're honest, Muff and Laudrup too among others on RM have been saying so and him being dropped or rested was something that quite a lot of posters have been calling for in recent official match threads and on other threads over the last few weeks.

It is a quandary however in/as to who replaces him, not in style but in selection.

a draw away to aberdeen playing with 10men for the best part of an hour isnt that bad a result and we did look a lot better going forward than we have done. However i am very angry about somethings today. First of all lee mcculloch has disgraced the club. I dont care if the aberdeen defender took hutton out. There is never an excuse for his behaviuor and he can have no complaints about the red card. That cost us big time. With the way we were playing before that and how we played after i think had we had 11men the whole match we would have put 3 or 4 past aberdeen. Secondly daniel cousin. Lazy git doesnt deserve to wear the shirt anymore and can GTF in the jan window. So many time he just wasnt making runs when he could have and probably would have got chances if he had done. He has the talent but is lazy. That is not acceptable for a rangers player. Finally what annoys me the most is that we had the chance to go level on points with celtic and put massive pressure on them for the next couple of games. We still have the games in hand to go top but the more points we are ahead of them the better. We better win the next couple of games and especially the old firm match. If we play like we did today and keep 11men on the field i dont think we should have a problem. Naismith will rip naylor to shreds so we need to make sure we have someone like boyd in the box as there will be a fair few crosses going in that match!

I agree that we were good today and LM let us down.

But there is no one on this planet that knows this more than LM. He will have learned his lesson and i think it might be a kick up the arse he needs to step up a gear in his performances as can happen in instances like this.

WATP

I'm not happy. Aberdeen are f*cken sh*te and we could not finish them off. Cousin and Boyd could still be playing now and we'd still of not hit the back of the net.

As for Lee McCulloch, what a f*cken idiot. The same can be said for Barry Ferguson.

Impressed with Cuellar, Whittaker, Thomson and Naisy tho.

I'm not happy. Aberdeen are f*cken sh*te and we could not finish them off. Cousin and Boyd could still be playing now and we'd still of not hit the back of the net.

As for Lee McCulloch, what a f*cken idiot. The same can be said for Barry Ferguson.

Impressed with Cuellar, Whittaker, Thomson and Naisy tho.

I'm not happy either. Far from it.

Of course - as would I.

I will await consistency before reacting with belief of better fortune ahead. Until we finally go a run of 10 games unbeaten with the majority of results victories, I really don't think we've turned any kind of corner.

Look at the results following that superb win against the tims. Raising our game every so often means nothing. Consistency means everything.

A consistent run has to start somewhere, lets hope it was today (tu)

Winning a 60 yard long ball does not do much for us anyway as we rarelyget to the knock on.

Of course - as would I.

A consistent run has to start somewhere, lets hope it was today (tu)

With all the false dawns so far, with hope is optimism. And the false dawns pour cold water on optimism tbh.

I await with a skeptical eye. And hope to the almighty that you're right.

For weeks we have been mediocre to say the least but we never looked in any trouble at all today. We probably created more chances today than we have in our last 5 visits to "The Ewe Camp" put together, and for about an hour of that was with only 10 men.

Yes, we could've and probably should've taken all three points but in light of what actually happened during the game Im reasonably happy.

Yes, we can point the finger at LM for being sent off - but Im personally not going to be too hard on him. He grew up a Ger and knows what this particular fixture is all about from a fan's point of view, so when he sees a team mate being assaulted in the manner Hutton was...I'm disappointed that the red mist came down, but not surprised. If I'm totally honest I think I wouldve been pushed to not react myself.

We went to a notoriously difficult venue and should've won it with 10 men, we put in a battling gritty performance but also created some great chances. The fact we are complaining about dropping 2 points shows how well we played.

My only hope is we kick on from here - if we go into the next few games with the same attitude and form, I for one will be a pleased man.

I agree, other than the excuse for McCulloch's lack of professionalism. If somebody had said we'll come out of this weekend matching Celtic, I'd have took that, no problem. The overall situation is much better than I expected at this stage of the season as well.

I thought the team were outstanding today. For the first time in ages we controlled a game, even with ten men. Passing was great and some brilliant individual displays most notably - Naismith, Whittaker, Cuellar, Thomson.

Have a couple of complaints though, 1. Obviously M'culloch was bang out of order and his actions cost the team, im not happy about that. 2. Hutton needs to calm down and stop making stupid and pointless tackles. 3. Barry ferguson is the one im most annoyed with though, his performance was average but his behaviour, leadership and discipline was shocking. He repeatedly raised his hands and was extremely fortunate not to also have been sent off. He was wreckless in his attitude. Are these the actions of a good captain whenever your team needs you most??

I hope Smith tears strips off the three of them because it is unfair on the other team members who fought hard to get the point yesterday. Overall though a thoroughly convincing display and if we continue in that form we will not go far wrong. Very encouraging.