Absent Friends

Muff

Seasoned Glasgow policemen their faces all tearstained

My Dad was one of them, don't think he'll ever really get over it.

My grandad was there that day, he was in the stand but left by the other entrance and didnt even know there was anything wrong so jumped on the bus home, of course my gran and all my other relatives were out on the street waiting his return and it was only then he realised something was wrong.

The difference between him picking the entrance at the other side could have very well saved him from being hurt or adding to the 66 that died, its a sobering thought.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My grandad was there that day, he was in the stand but left by the other entrance and didnt even know there was anything wrong so jumped on the bus home, of course my gran and all my other relatives were out on the street waiting his return and it was only then he realised something was wrong.

The difference between him picking the entrance at the other side could have very well saved him from being hurt or adding to the 66 that died, its a sobering thought.

I was in the Rangers End that day (you'd probably call it the Copland these days), left at the Edmiston Drive exit, didn't know a thing had happened till I got home and saw the news on the TV.

It was quite a few hours till my Dad got home.

A radio broadcast from the day itself. :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_65...s=1&bbcws=1

is there anychance sum1 could try n put this on youtube or sumthing. my pc wont let me listen to it and i really want to hear it. thanks if any1 does it :rangers:

ill give it a shot mate.

edit : uploading it now, dunno when it'll appear on my channel.

My brother Johnny died on the 3rd of January 1997, the last thing he asked me was how the Gers got on the previous night against the Tims, when I told him that Rangers won 3-1, he smiled, said "Ya fuckin dancer" kissed me on the cheek then quietly passed away. RIP Bro

:beer2:

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

I cannot possibly find the words to sum-up the feelings of grief and loss shared by all those who lost loved ones on Stairway 13, nor even the collective sorrow of the wider Rangers family. Therefore i will just say rest well my fellow Bears.

In our hearts forever. :rangers:

I've been extremely lucky that the worst thats ever happened after I've been to see the team I love is they have been beaten, I dread to think of how the families of those no longer here feel, absolutely dreadful that going to watch a football game could be one of your last ever actions.

RIP all 66 of our fellow brothers.

My brother Johnny died on the 3rd of January 1997, the last thing he asked me was how the Gers got on the previous night against the Tims, when I told him that Rangers won 3-1, he smiled, said "Ya fuckin dancer" kissed me on the cheek then quietly passed away. RIP Bro

:beer2:

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

very sorry to hear that BlueBoy2000 :(