Minutes Applause on Saturday

Muff

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1205349,00.html

I will not be doing something that I feel is disrespectful, therefore I wont be joining in, in any applause. I will show my respect to the 66 and Phil by bowing my head and remaining silent!

Those that run the club should be ashamed!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never heard any Rangers supporters disrespect a minutes silence in all the games I have ever been to at Ibrox, its a disgrace that they have to take the route of a minutes applause.

No mention of a minutes silence/applause for the Ibrox disaster?

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1205349,00.html

I will not be doing something that I feel is disrespectful, therefore I wont be joining in, in any applause. I will show my respect to the 66 and Phil by bowing my head and remaining silent!

Those that run the club should be ashamed!

This is the only way to show genuine respect to the lost ones.

Shame on you SDM and all who bends over to the scum.

Nothing on that Dado mate. Absolutely appauling.

The club is run by too many morons who see it as a business and dont give a f*ck about Rangers.

If P O'Ds family have requested a minutes applause then I see no problem with that but it should come after a minutes silence for our own 66.

Spot on (tu)

I think PoD's family will have asked for it because if they had'nt we would hear about it loud and clear.

I prefere the aplause personaly because it is saying thank-you for what you have done. The mitutes scielence and reflecting on the person(s) lifes can be done in your own way in your own time io fell.

I think PoD's family will have asked for it because if they had'nt we would hear about it loud and clear.

I prefere the aplause personaly because it is saying thank-you for what you have done. The mitutes scielence and reflecting on the person(s) lifes can be done in your own way in your own time io fell.

I for one feel that the club should do much more for the 66 who gave their lives when doing what they loved than for a football player.

I for one feel that the club should do much more for the 66 who gave their lives when doing what they loved than for a football player.

What ideas do you have??

We should be respecting the 66 first of all then O'Donnell. After all the 66 were our own, a sad day in our history!

100% correct, i think its unbelieveable they arent having a minutes silence for the 66 bears who died that day, (td) i also feel it should be a minutes silence for POD. (td)

Some of the recent decisions by bigwigs, be they SPL, SFA, Rangers, tims etc - have been nothing short of shambolic.

It's like they are doing whatever they like, purely because they can.

Almost like they want to wind players, fans and clubs in general up - for the sake of it.

I understand the preference for a silence but the minute's applause for Phil O'Donnell is something that has been done in many, many places round the UK so I have no problem with it if that's what's been decided. It's not the sort of occasion when a fuss should be kicked up.

As for the 66, have we had a silence every year? I really can't remember.

Both our own and POD could have been accomodated with a two minute silence. It would never have been disrupted by any Bears.

It doesn't stop any of us showing our respect in our own way. As Muff says, if you don't like the applause, bow your head and silently re-live your memories or spare a thought for those involved.

:rangers:

I have no problem with a minutes applause.

To me you are applauding the life of a gifted footballer who done his best in every match he played. You are applauding as a sign of respect to a great adversary on the pitch.

This is respect.

RIP Mr O'Donnell

If O'Donnell's family have requested a minutes applause then I think we should respect that, although we may not agree that it shows the respect he deserved.

However, I am embarrassed that the club has no plans to honor the 66 absent friends we lost that day. An absolute disgrace.