Minutes Applause on Saturday

Muff

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If O'Donnell's family have requested a minutes applause then I think we should respect that, although we may not agree that it shows the respect he deserved.

However, I am embarrassed that the club has no plans to honor the 66 absent friends we lost that day. An absolute disgrace.

But they did honor them. They laid a wreath down at the memorial site to the 66 who passed away.

If O'Donnell's family have requested a minutes applause then I think we should respect that, although we may not agree that it shows the respect he deserved.

However, I am embarrassed that the club has no plans to honor the 66 absent friends we lost that day. An absolute disgrace.

But they did honor them. They laid a wreath down at the memorial site to the 66 who passed away.

Is that enough?

Is that enough?

what more do you want mate??

They are being remembered and honored which is what you are all complaining about is it not??

To lay a wreath at the memorial site does show thay are being remembered

Is that enough?

A minutes silence pre-match.

Is that enough?

That will appease you??

So they can do anything they want but if they don't hold a minutes silence it wont be enough???

Is that enough?

That will appease you??

So they can do anything they want but if they don't hold a minutes silence it wont be enough???

What you talking about, they can do anything they want?

I would like to think that the club would do more to respect those lost on that day. I don't think thats too much to ask.

Indeed.

I am sure that a lot of Bears who will attend the Dundee game will want to remember the 66 in their own way, a wreath is not enough for me.

But Rangers PLC are laying the wreath. Rangers PLC would not be having a minutes silence, that would the fans at the match.

So if you want to you ca have a minutes silence to yourself and remember the 66 who passed away. You can also hold a minutes silence to many who died in the first Ibrox disaster, which never seems to get a mention at all.

Is that enough?

I think that having a united club and fan base showing support at a Ibrox would have been a bit better.

The club should be doing more to remember the 66 who died that day.

There are a number of things they could do:

• Video Tributes on the big screen
  • They could sell a special programme remebering the disaster with the proceeds going to charity
  • A minutes silence
There are endless possibilities, we should never forget them and should always be educating younger bears to this part of our history, its because of that dark day that we have such a magnificent stadium which stands as a tribute to them.

Is that enough?

That will appease you??

I would like to think that the club would do more to respect those lost on that day. I don't think thats too much to ask.

And I ask again, what more do you want??? A minutes silence?? What difference does it make?? We can all have our own respect for the people who died. They have been remembered by Rangers with the laying of a wreath.

Is that enough?

That will appease you??

And I ask again, what more do you want??? A minutes silence?? What difference does it make?? We can all have our own respect for the people who died. They have been remembered by Rangers with the laying of a wreath.

I can't believe I'm even debating this.

What is your problem with people taking one minute out of their lives to remember those lost?

• They could sell a special programme remebering the disaster with the proceeds going to charity
  • A minutes silence
There are endless possibilities, we should never forget them and should always be educating younger bears to this part of our history, its because of that dark day that we have such a magnificent stadium which stands as a tribute to them.

I agree there is more they can do. But people just seem to be vocusing on a minutes silence. If they get a minutes silence they will walk away happy. That was the point I was ttrying to make.

There is more to it than a minutes silence

Is that enough?

That will appease you??

I can't believe I'm even debating this.

What is your problem with people taking one minute out of their lives to remember those lost?

I don't believe I said I had a problem with it mate.

• A minutes silence

Excellent points m8 and all would go a long way to showing the respect deserved to those lost (tu)

Welcome to RM btw. :)

There will be no applause from me on Saturday. I will simply bow my head and remain silent for the duration of the minutes respect. POD deserves more than his tragic death to be half-heartedly applauded. As has been shown in some Premiership games, some fans even talk to each other during what should be a minute to reflect on the man's life.

I urge every Rangers fan on Saturday to remain silent throughout the minutes applause, we have more dignity than those who run our club and it's about time they were told so.

There will be no applause from me on Saturday. I will simply bow my head and remain silent for the duration of the minutes respect. POD deserves more than his tragic death to be half-heartedly applauded. As has been shown in some Premiership games, some fans even talk to each other during what should be a minute to reflect on the man's life.

I totally agree mate. A minutes silence is the only way to show respect to the man.

However, if its what his family requested... I will clap.

ye good idea bazza :( if every rangers fan remains silent during a minutes applause we'll get lynched by the media and allsorts as the club who disrespected a minutes applause for phil,christ guys can you not see that maybe we dont feel its a good way to pay respects but phils family hasnt came out and said it would disrespect his memory so swollow your pride and applaud his life if only for rangers.

im pretty sure they will have the Absent Friends banner out in the crowd, plus people could make their own.

as exilled said, staying silent will only back fire on us.

minutes silence is more appropriate but what can ye do?

ye good idea bazza :( if every rangers fan remains silent during a minutes applause we'll get lynched by the media and allsorts as the club who disrespected a minutes applause for phil,christ guys can you not see that maybe we dont feel its a good way to pay respects but phils family hasnt came out and said it would disrespect his memory so swollow your pride and applaud his life if only for rangers.

Arsenal were not criticised for their impeccably observed silence. I don't see how the media could possibly use the fact that the Rangers support decided to show their respect in a way that they have done for decades to criticise us. Phil's family have not condemned the minutes applause, but they haven't condoned it either.

Show the man the respect he deserves and remain silent.

if you cant see that this will cause an uproar then your blind m8,if we are asked to observe a minutes applause then thats EXACTLY what we should do,your disrespecting the minutes applause,phils memory and going to get our name in the papers as a club who ignored the applause,who stayed silent,na m8 youve got this wrong :(