Darren Fletcher

I hope not, no better than what we already have. Better off giving Furman or Fleck a chance than signing Fletcher. We need a bit of flair and creativity along with quality. Fletcher has none of this.

Can we even sign Fletcher on loan?

To the best of my knowledge you can only have two players on loan.

We already have Faye and Webster so does that mean Faye or Webster might very well be getting punted?

No I think the rule was changed a couple of years ago to allow Hearts to have 46 loan players.

I would be extremely surprised if Fletcher agreed to come to us on loan.

Can we even sign Fletcher on loan?

To the best of my knowledge you can only have two players on loan.

We already have Faye and Webster so does that mean Faye or Webster might very well be getting punted?

No I think the rule was changed a couple of years ago to allow Hearts to have 46 loan players.

:lol:

Tbh, I didn't think it was 2 as I'd never seen it in Football Manager.

You rate Fletcher doc?

Hard to tell, he looked really promising a couple of years ago but he has not played many games for a while and his recent games for Scotland were disappointing. His passing has been erratic and he gives away too many silly fouls and collects really stupid bookings.

To be honest I think his best position would be central midfield and I rate Ferguson and Hemdani well ahead of him. Also we already have players who commit silly fouls and collect stupid bookings.

I would be surprised if he agreed to come to us because he would antagonise his family by doing that.

As always doc a very accurate post.

I dont think he's good enough, Kevin Thomson's better. His fitness is a debate and what does he actually do in games? I doubt he'd come to the SPL and I doubt he'd join Rangers as he's a tim. One thing tho, was he not at Ibrox as a youngster before joining Manchester United?

I rate Fletcher very highly and think heed be a great signing for us. What Fletcher really needs is games most of all at his age, thats why occasionally he has struggled for United and Scotland in recent games. I think ul find once Fletcher gets fully up to match sharpness and gets a run in any side he'll show what a good player he is!!!

Guest therabbitt

I think he would be an excellent addition to compliment the squad. He is technically very very good and a young, talented Scot - these are the kind of players we should be targetting - not 30+ players who may come with injury baggage

Yep agree, especially sin ce were gonna be playing 5 gqames a week shortly, would allow us to rest the likes of thomson and ferguson without putting out a severely weakened team, though he is similar to what we have.

Fletcher is no better than Hemdani, in my opinion.

If we loose Hemdani, then fair enough, assuming Fletcher is on the cheap. Playing in England though, he would cost a fortune and we could get a much better player for cheaper if we shopped elsewhere.

He got a good run of games last year and did well for Man U. Their addition of Nani, Anderson, Carrick and Hargreaves are the reasons for him not getting the games now and its this lack of games that showed in his poor performances for Scotland in the last couple of outings.

I think, given a good run, he would recapture the form that elaveted him to best Scotland player not so long ago. I also see him as a morre attack minded midfielder than either Thommo or Hemdani.

I really don't see what else he can bring to the club, possibly if Hemdani leaves in January, which I don't think will happen, if anything, maybe at the end of the season we might try and sign him. He can't be that bad if he's played about 100 times for Man U and has about 30 caps.

I will reserve judgement until I ever see him in a Rangers top, I didn't want McCulloch at Rangers but I ain't been too disappointed with him.

• 2 weeks later...