Rangers offered striker Larsen

Ibroxblue

Rangers have been offered Soren Larsen, the Danish international striker, as a potential replacement for Daniel Cousin.

Larsen is available for £1.4m from the German side, Schalke 04, and his agent, Ivan Marko Benes, met with Rangers chief executive Martin Bain yesterday to discuss a possible move for the 6ft 4in centre-forward.

Rangers have also been linked with a move for the Hearts goalkeeper, Steve Banks, after Derby County reached agreement to take Roy Carroll to Pride Park.

Paul Jewell, the Derby manager, had hoped to have the Northern Ireland goalkeeper at training this morning, but Walter Smith was only willing to sanction the transfer if he had another back-up to Allan McGregor in place.

"The chairman has spoken to his agent and Walter Smith and hopefully we can get that one over the line today or tomorrow," said Jewell. "If he comes, Roy Carroll is a top-class goalkeeper."

Banks has reclaimed his first-choice status at Tynecastle after the recent failed experiments with Eduardo Kurskis and Anthony Basso.

Hearts caretaker manager Steven Frail is reluctant to lose the Englishman, who also doubles as goalkeeping coach, but moving to Rangers would be more lucrative for him.

Benes left Bain with a DVD of Larsen's scoring feats for club and country in an attempt to expedite a deal. Rangers are in the market for a centre-forward regardless of Cousin's future but while no deal is imminent, Larsen fits the bill.

He scored six goals in his five international matches for Denmark two years ago and has been nicknamed Die Waffe - The Weapon - for his prowess alongside his countryman and former Rangers attacker, Peter Lovenkrands, in the Bundesliga. He has scored 17 goals in 55 starts but wants a new challenge.

He would cost around £1m per year in wages but his physical prowess is ideally suited to the rigours of the Clydesdale Bank Premier League. Eintracht Frankfurt, Wolfsburg and FC Copenhagen have already enquired about the 26-year-old - who was linked with a move to Celtic in August 2006 - but Larsen has no intention of returning home to Denmark.

Smith was at the Emirates Stadium last night on a scouting mission at the Carling Cup semi-final between Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur.

Bolton and Middlesbrough have been alerted to Cousin's situation. Rangers are confident they can keep the striker, who signed a three-year deal in August, at least until the end of the season but may find a bid of around £3m irresistible.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...e_1_4m_move.php

Anyone think it was Larsson? :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith was at the Emirates Stadium last night on a scouting mission at the Carling Cup semi-final between Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur

That says to me the Hutton deal aint dead <_<

Larsen would be a good signing and he's still young at 26 we should try and bring back lovenkrands aswell (tu)

We maybe looking at bringing an Arsenal youngster on loan then if Walter was on a scouting mission?

Or looking to see what Spurs reject he wants in exchange for Hutton...

Lee, the left back, is the only realistic one and hes been utter garbage anytime I've saw him.

We maybe looking at bringing an Arsenal youngster on loan then if Walter was on a scouting mission?

Lee, the left back, is the only realistic one and hes been utter garbage anytime I've saw him.

I'm glad somebody else thinks that!,cause i think thats why he was down there

Soren Larsen- An absolute monster. A cross between Jan Koller, Peter Crouch and John Carew. Bit of pace, a lot of power, good feet, movement, superb in the air and can strike a ball.

Take him in a flash!

Soren Larsen- An absolute monster. A cross between Jan Koller, Peter Crouch and John Carew. Bit of pace, a lot of power, good feet, movement, superb in the air and can strike a ball.

Take him in a flash!

(tu) and id sell cousin for £3M in a flash too.

Its a bit of a coincidence that Watty fancies taking in a Spurs game just a few days after all the Hutton carnage.

Or maybe we're just cynical bassas!

Its a bit of a coincidence that Watty fancies taking in a Spurs game just a few days after all the Hutton carnage.

Or maybe we're just cynical bassas!

Maybe :beer2:

Take him in a flash!

You seen much of him, Muff?

I don't watch a lot of football out with the UK.

The Denmark star, 26, burst onto the international scene with six goals in his first five games for his country and established a reputation as a super-sub in Germany after joining Schalke in 2005.

However, he has been plagued with injuries of late and struggled to establish himself in the side, and has now hinted he would be keen on a move away from the club.

From Sky Sports.

Just our kind of target.

Here is his club career record; including sub appearances.

Season Club Championship European Competitions

01-02 Bröndby IF 1 Games (-)

02-03 Bröndby IF (-)

03-04 BK Frem Copenhague 11 Goals, 31 Games (-)

04-04 Djurgarden IF 1 Games (-)

05-05 Djurgarden IF 10 Goals, 12 Games (-)

05-06 Schalke 04 10 Goals, 30 Games (-)

06-07 Schalke 04 11 Games 1 Goals, 1 Games (UEFA Cup)

07-08 Schalke 04 4 Games

Yeah seem's to of struggled of late with injuries. I've seen him play a bit and everytime I have seen him he's impressed me. If he could stay injury free then he'd be a quality signing. He's like a powerful and aggressive Peter Crouch with the aerial ability of Jan Koller.

Smith was at the Emirates Stadium last night on a scouting mission at the Carling Cup semi-final between Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur

Wonder who???

Traore, Bendtner, Lee?

Wonder who???

Traore, Bendtner, Lee?

Thats what i was saying earlier in the thread,Hope he's not down there as part of the Hutton deal

Wonder who???

Traore, Bendtner, Lee?

da silva obviously :pipehorse: