Lack of Transfer Activity!

well put it this way, if i was the manager last night i'd have a heart attack watching that shambles of a performance.

It was poor. I put it down to a combination of things:

Poor pitch

Rangers were rusty not having played for a wee while.

CHs having to look after TWO dodgy fullbacks so they appeared nervous too.

Hendami and Adam had very poor games in midfield. Especially Adam.

Poor refereeing.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like were Finally getting a player.... Big Christain Dailly what a quality Signing he will be! :angry2:

if we sign that idiot then walter has got a lot to answer to.

Maybe next we could try and bring back Ralphie Brand for a strikers roll.

lack of transfer activity is frustrating. Dont want to see us signing someone just for the sake of it ie dailly. Waste of time imo. Wouldnt even compare him to weir who had at least played a few games and was very fit when he came to us. We could really do with a quality midfielder to make sure charlie adam never plays again. I dont know what walter sees in him, i would play buffel in front of him every single time, even an inconsistant off form half fit buffel is better than charlie adam.

I am starting to worry aswell now, if we have not made offers or brought in any quality players (not fuckin daily) by monday, i really dont think we will but if we do i have a feeling it will be mcleish esqe knee jerk signings at the last minute.

I take it that people are assuming that we haven't made offers on the basis that we, unlike Celtic, aren't running to the media with our list of targets and saying here you go print these.

We should know by now that Walter works tends to work quietly to ensure he gets his man: Darcheville anybody?

So far we have moved for four players Banks, Dailly and two unnamed players and been rejected. Whats not positive is that these players have rejected us, but what is positive is that there is obviously movement happening behind the scenes

A signing can be tied up in a few hours and considering that there are still two weeks left in this window, I think there is no need for squeky bums just yet.

Personally i think we dont need anyone, glad Ugo has gone now as Webster and Smith are back and to me there is no stand out prospect in the SPL that we could sign at the moment and any other major country means a large transfer fee to sign that player

one simple reason we have not signed anyone yet, and his name is Hutton!!

SDM had already earmarked huttons transfer money for new signings in this window, and when hutts knocked it backed, he's left SDM with no loot for these signings, as i have already mentioned a few times,

dont expect any more than 2 players of sub 2 million to be brought in this window, and even that will be an extravagance we cant afford now, so i would'nt discount us not signing anyone this time around.

SDM had already earmarked huttons transfer money for new signings in this window, and when hutts knocked it backed, he's left SDM with no loot for these signings, as i have already mentioned a few times,

dont expect any more than 2 players of sub 2 million to be brought in this window, and even that will be an extravagance we cant afford now, so i would'nt discount us not signing anyone this time around.

Totally disagree with this statement, if Hutton had gone he would have brought in extra money, but WS himself stated that a couple of enquiries he made for a couple of players was rejected by the respective clubs this had nothing to do with any of our players being sold. You can also look at the time since WS came back and the amount of money that was spent, which was a lot more than any of us expected, we didn't know how much money was available last season and we sure as hell don't know how much money is available this transfer window.

I personally think we don't have to buy any players as I think the squad is big enough to win the league, if we need to strengthen we should be look at doing this during the summer period, where teams will be more amiable to letting players go than during a season.

A lot of us might not believe a single word that comes out of SDM's mouth, but I really don't think WS would lie to us.

Totally disagree with this statement, if Hutton had gone he would have brought in extra money, but WS himself stated that a couple of enquiries he made for a couple of players was rejected by the respective clubs this had nothing to do with any of our players being sold. You can also look at the time since WS came back and the amount of money that was spent, which was a lot more than any of us expected, we didn't know how much money was available last season and we sure as hell don't know how much money is available this transfer window.

I personally think we don't have to buy any players as I think the squad is big enough to win the league, if we need to strengthen we should be look at doing this during the summer period, where teams will be more amiable to letting players go than during a season.

A lot of us might not believe a single word that comes out of SDM's mouth, but I really don't think WS would lie to us.

Oh my god I agree with you! :pipehorse:

Had to be a first time!

Had to be a first time!

:lol: Well, they do say there is a first time for everything!

I tend to go along with the view that we don,t need to sign anyone. Sure,we,d like to but its not essential. With Celtic it is essential.

Dailly is no earth shattering signing.but he,s not being signed to improve the team,he,s being borrowed as back-up,nothing more,nothing less.

Just who have Celtic signed? An Ex-German international who was with a top class Spanish club----

AND THEY LET HIM GO FOR PEANUTS. Even the only German club looking at him were not prepared to beat Celtics £1.8m. That says it all for me. No doubt Celtic will be pleased to get him but then, with Celtics defensive blackhole,anyone is an improvement. Another Jap wonder kid. With Manu,Arsenal,Barca et.al signing kids at 14/15 yrs. of age (and sometimes paying big money for them as well)how good can a 18yr. old kid that some people are looking at (looking,not signing)really be. The only half decent players Celtic have are all music hall turns,(Buruc. McGeadinho,Naka)

Yes, I,d love to open the paper and read that we,re signing big game players,but it,s not critical.

The reason Celtic are hogging the headlines is because Liewell has to con the fans that Celtic are doing something. God knows,they have to do something. WS is covering his bases.Celtic have not scored a goal,let alone won a match,against us for a year. An experienced premier/international defender on our bench is not a bad fall-back to have.

Had to be a first time!

first time for everything.......mibbe you 2 should get a room and explore that :D

Had to be a first time!

first time for everything.......mibbe you 2 should get a room and explore that :D

Now THAT is FUNNY!!

:lol::lol::lol:

The people crying for us just to sign someone are the same people who are saying things like 'Whats the point in signing Gow, if he isn't going to play?'

We should only sign those who will add quality, not just numbers.

I believe that WS would sign a player if he was going to play, immediately, for the 1st team.

I think that we have a strong squad & i don't see the point in signing a player just to show that we will ..... rather use the money wisely when we need to.

After today i think walter seriously needs to bring in an Attacking creative midfielder in this Transfer Window! we just lack that spark

Totally agree. Especially with Kevin Thomson going to be out for a while.