What was Your First Rangers Game?

bluejeff

Mine was the sfa cup final of 1981 at Hampden when i was 13 years old.

Cant remember much about the game except that it ended in a nil nil draw with dundee utd (?),

it went to a replay on the following tuesday which we won 4-nil (?)

My other lasting memory of the evening was getting split up from the school group i was with this resulting in tears and worst of all some dirty bastard pissing all down my right leg.

I'm led to believe this is known as a" POCKET ROCKET ".

please feel free to correct any or all of the above details as it was 27 fears ago and all a bit off a blur to me these days. (tu)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't actually remember how old I was at the time, but it was actually an old firm match a 1-1 draw at Celtic park of all places.

My brother-in-law at the time took me, we sat in the neutral area as he knew I supported Rangers (he supported Celtic) and he also wanted to keep me away from any possible trouble.

was actually not a league game, was a match at Ibrox where the Rangers squad played against each other, first 11 in Home strips and the fringe youngerp layer pld in the away strip! :)

Guest therabbitt

Rangers against Motherwell I think, pretty sure it was 2-2, cannae mind how old I was.

But two things stick out in my mind, was sitting in first row, and the fella beside me shouted Coisty over during his warm up and he signed their programme, but I was so awestruck that I couldnt ask, it was the first famous person Id ever seen!!

The other thing that stuck out was the fact that I was a pure huge Chris Woods fan, I was and am a goalie so he ws my hero. However on my first game he didnt play, it was my soon to be other hero, Mr Bonny Ginzburg...

it was in 1986 pre souness i think it was against morton and i think we won 4-0 all i can remember for sure was robert fleck scored a hattrick and i think mccoist got the other i was only 9 at the time

just checked morton not in the league that year must have been clydebank, does anyone else recall this game

It was Caley Thistle vs Rangers at Tannadice in the Scottish Cup. It was the game where Gazza pushed Coisty out of the way to score and we won 3 - 0. Was sitting in the Caley end (cousin played for them so he got us the tickets).

my first rangers game was Airdrie v Rangers i think it was 1980s can remember the score or who won, my first match at ibrox 1986 against hearts and i think we won 2-0 not sure who scored all i remember was i was wearing a radio and listening to the celtic game and everyone kept asking me the score, celtic got beat that day :rangers:

My first game at Ibrox was October 1996, vs Motherwell, 5-0, Gazza hatrick and Laudrup 2. I remember even though I was very happy to see a 5-0, I was still gutted as Gazza took the ball of Coisty's foot for his hatrick, and as Ally was ( and still is) my all time hero, I was gutted I couldn't see Super Al score :lol: