Boyd and Adam - Unprofessional wasters

Batman

Boyd can play the lone striker role - he just needs a few more games to get the feel for it. He did no bad last night considering the service he got.

Adam has been terrible recently but hopefully its just a phase; his form last season was good and if he can get back to that form he should be in the team.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you actually believe that? I dont think many strikers give 100% all the time, TBH, neither do "creative" midfielders

Out of curiosity, what are your views on Cousin then?

My views on Cousin are irrelevant as we are talikng about Boyd. If you lack ability, you put in extra effort ala Andy Gray or dare i say it Super Ally to some extent. Boyd has a terrible work ethic and does not even have the intelligence to realise how good he could be. Being a waste of space is not a career path many people would go down if they simply had to put in some more effort.

Boyd can play the lone striker role - he just needs a few more games to get the feel for it. He did no bad last night considering the service he got.

Adam has been terrible recently but hopefully its just a phase; his form last season was good and if he can get back to that form he should be in the team.

He didn't do bad, but the service he get's arguement doesn't hold with me personally.

Ruud Van Nistelroooy was much like Boyd in that basically all he did was score goals and when Man Utd switched to a 4-3-3 he struggled despite having the service coming from guys like Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs & Scholes.

When the rumours about RVN's future started gaining momentuem I specifically remember a pundit, possibly Andy Gray, saying that despite all RVN's goals over the years SAF probably couldn't wait to get Saha fit again as he could play the role far better than RVN and thats possibly why he felt RVN's time was up.

Boyd is a lot younger than RVN was when he was asked to adopt to the role, so if Boyd wants to become good at it he needs to work on his game rather than blame others.

He didn't do bad, but the service he get's arguement doesn't hold with me personally.

Ruud Van Nistelroooy was much like Boyd in that basically all he did was score goals and when Man Utd switched to a 4-3-3 he struggled despite having the service coming from guys like Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs & Scholes.

When the runours about RVN's future started gaining momentuem I specifically remember Andy Gray saying that despite all RVN's goals over the years SAF probably couldn't wait to get Saha fit again as he could play the role far better than RVN and thats possibly why he felt RVN's time was up.

Aye, but RVN's went to Madrid and worked very very hard on his game.

Graham Hunter was talking about him a few weeks ago, and he's got as many assists as he has goals this season. To quote Hunter (a big bluenose), 'Old dogs seemingly CAN learn new tricks.'

If we had a partner for Boyd it would take a lot of heat off him, I agree.

It would maybe worry me that a really good player would be going to waste by doing Boyd's dirty work, so to speak, but if there was some sort of 'assist master' player who was happy doing the running and setting up the chances, it would be a great coup for the club and for Kris himself.

We had one, Prso! He and Boyd used to work very well together imho. I had hoped JCD and/or Cousin would have been able to fullfil that role, and chip in with a few goals, but, one cant stay fit, the other wants to leave, sadly

Anybody see the photo in tonights Evenings Times? The players were clapping the fans...everybodies shirt was normal looking, but one particular unfit fatty had his shirt so covered with sweat...it looked like the player had just gone swimming with his shirt on, anybody guess who the player was?

What you see now is the best you will ever see from Boyd as he is now a grown man - he is not going to change. He will always be a fat lazy striker who can bang them in against crap teams, but if he plays against a decent team...you may as well play 10 men!

Easy scapegoats one thing about Adam he never hides unlike our captain

But is a truely awful footballer. Ferguson hardly hides. It's not easy when the team by-passes the midfield.

Adam has got to be one of the worst players i've seen for us in a while. Walter's given him loads of chances this season and i can't think of one good peformence from the guy, even the two games he scored in against Stuttgart that was all he did. I really would like to ask Walter what he does to merit being in the team, Boyd has given us an amazing goal return despite his other faults but what the hell has Adam ever done, even last season he had only a few good games and scored a few free kicks but 3 of them were massive howlers from Hibs goalkeepers.

But is a truely awful footballer. Ferguson hardly hides. It's not easy when the team by-passes the midfield.

Adam is'nt Rangers class imo but the abuse he recieves is a disgrace imo while fergie has had a poor season and been anonymous but is treated like a god on this forum by most posters

I agree with you there. Anytime you have a go at Ferguson, people jump on your back. It never seems to be his fault. Ferguson has not had the best of seasons, I'm sure he would agree.

Canny hide wi a frame like that.

Adam is not good enough,Broadfoot is not good enough but Boyd is if he can hack it on the bench cos like it or not we will spend money on a very good striker in the summer.Maybe 2

Why change a formation just to accomidate Boyd?

We have done well without him and we will continue to.

The only changes needed to accomodate him are the ones we all want anyway? Adam and McCulloch out, and guys like Burke and Naisy in, so, wheres the problem?

Is this satire? At one point on Thursday Adam was so far back hiding from the ball he was closer to McGregor than Papac was. When exactly does Barry hide? Noone in the team spends more time on the ball during the 90 mins than the skipper.

Is this satire? At one point on Thursday Adam was so far back hiding from the ball he was closer to McGregor than Papac was. When exactly does Barry hide? Noone in the team spends more time on the ball during the 90 mins than the skipper.

What exactly does barry do? never seen him once in the 1st half on thursday

Anybody see the photo in tonights Evenings Times? The players were clapping the fans...everybodies shirt was normal looking, but one particular unfit fatty had his shirt so covered with sweat...it looked like the player had just gone swimming with his shirt on, anybody guess who the player was?

What you see now is the best you will ever see from Boyd as he is now a grown man - he is not going to change. He will always be a fat lazy striker who can bang them in against crap teams, but if he plays against a decent team...you may as well play 10 men!

Whats the f,ck has how much you sweat got to do with how fit you are ??

I play amateur football and after a game I can come off looking like I havent even run a yard, with almost no sweat at all, even though inside I feel like I have just climbed Everest. I then look over to our team captain (who is the fittest player in the squad, comes 1st in every fitness test we do and trains harder than any player in the team) and he is covered in sweat, his face is bright red and he looks like he's about to die.

Now if you ask someone to look at us both and pick the player who looks fit they would pick me everytime, but that doesnt mean its true !!

I play amateur football and after a game I can come off looking like I havent even run a yard, with almost no sweat at all, even though inside I feel like I have just climbed Everest. I then look over to our team captain (who is the fittest player in the squad, comes 1st in every fitness test we do and trains harder than any player in the team) and he is covered in sweat, his face is bright red and he looks like he's about to die.

Now if you ask someone to look at us both and pick the player who looks fit they would pick me everytime, but that doesnt mean its true !!

Boyd is clearly a bloater...he is very unfit, everybody can see it! He's slow, overweight, fat, has no agility....he spends most the game walking slowly around the pitch and puffing/wheezing like an overweight asthmatic Hippo. The sooner he leaves Rangers the better as then we will be able get a proper professional footballer in and not a Sunday pub player.

Boyd is clearly a bloater...he is very unfit, everybody can see it! He's slow, overweight, fat, has no agility....he spends most the game walking slowly around the pitch and puffing/wheezing like an overweight asthmatic Hippo. The sooner he leaves Rangers the better as then we will be able get a proper professional footballer in and not a Sunday pub player.

How is it that you know better than the PROFESSIONAL fitness coach who works at Murray park, you are making statements that you cannot possibly back up, they are just your biased opinion of a natural goal scorer that we should be glad plays for our team. This forum is for everyones opinion but try and get behind the team rather than write this kind of nonsense, it is the knid of thing I would expect from someone who supports an opposition team. :angry2:

How is it that you know better than the PROFESSIONAL fitness coach who works at Murray park, you are making statements that you cannot possibly back up, they are just your biased opinion of a natural goal scorer that we should be glad plays for our team. This forum is for everyones opinion but try and get behind the team rather than write this kind of nonsense, it is the knid of thing I would expect from someone who supports an opposition team. :angry2:

Well said 'comon the gers' there is so much negative stuff and nonsense about Botd and Adams fitness on this thread its unbelievable - debate there ability - but I do NOT believe there is NO ONE in our squad who doesn't try and who doesn't train hard. Lack ability - debate! - Lack of commitment - NONSENSE!

Well said 'comon the gers' there is so much negative stuff and nonsense about Botd and Adams fitness on this thread its unbelievable - debate there ability - but I do NOT believe there is NO ONE in our squad who doesn't try and who doesn't train hard. Lack ability - debate! - Lack of commitment - NONSENSE!

Sorry mate but I disagree.

Check my post history if you want. I am one of Boyds biggest supporters. I believe he should be in the starting line up every game. I would say more than half of my fairly small post count have been singing Boyds praises. I think he is the McCoist of our generation.

But I don't think thats the discussion

I believe he is not as fit as he should be for a professional footballer.

People will argue endlessly about whether he is good enough or not. This board has already proven that for nearly the last 2 years and the BBC forum before that. I believe he is good enough but IMO that wasn't the OP's point... he needs to lose some fat and get fitter. Cut out the beers and the monster munch (alledgedly) and concentrate on his fitness. It cannot possibly harm his game, it will keep him more sharp for the full 90 minuteas and it will prolong his football and therefore, Rangers Career, hopefully.

As with so many threads before it, this one has been hijacked by the boyd supporters and detractors and turned it into the "is boyd good enough" eternal debate

As for lack of commitment not being debatable, I think that is erroneous as well, would you say Cousin for example is 100% committed to the Rangers cause? I don't know if he is or not but it is debatable no?

But the point is that Boyd and Adam both look unfit.

It's noticable not only from their sweat levels, but also from their heavy panting and the way that both tend to fade out of a game after 60 minutes or so.

If these players were fit, we would see so much more from them and that could only benefit Rangers not only now, but also in the long run.

There lack of fitness is clearly hindering them when it comes to making the most of their ability and that makes it a valid topic.

10 pages worth of posts don't suggest that the things being said in this thread are nonsense. They are provoking a debate and thats the whole point of a forum.

If you don't like the topic in question don't post in it (tu)

But the point is that Boyd and Adam both look unfit.

It's noticable not only from their sweat levels, but also from their heavy panting and the way that both tend to fade out of a game after 60 minutes or so.

If these players were fit, we would see so much more from them and that could only benefit Rangers not only now, but also in the long run.

There lack of fitness is clearly hindering them when it comes to making the most of their ability and that makes it a valid topic.

10 pages worth of posts don't suggest that the things being said in this thread are nonsense. They are provoking a debate and thats the whole point of a forum.

If you don't like the topic in question don't post in it (tu)

It is up to the staff to make sure every players who pulls on a rangers jersey is at peak fitness

Surely the fitness coach monitors the fitness of every player , the technology used on every player to monitor their fitness level can be checked on a daily basis by the sports science guy - Adam ? , contrary to peoples opinion in this forum, unfit players at clubs like rangers , do not get asked to do extra training , they are ordered to , when their level drops below the required level , some players sweat more than others , some players breathe heavily some do not , everybody functions in a different way . rangers backroom staff must be see all the players training programs and agree with them , for example JCD has a different program for his training than the others at the moment