Steven Naismith whats your thoughts

bmurray9

Ok we are almost 3/4's through the season and in a very good position, i have been looking at various posts over the past couple of weeks/months and never seen anything posted about SN

My opinion, 2 million spent on him and was delighted to be told when we signed him 10 mins before the transfer deadline he signed.

What exactly has he done since he signed, a couple of goals and possibly the 1-1 game against the sheep up there was a good performance but apart from that what else, i know still a young boy and gers through and through but apart from that, nothing else

Adam agree is guff and gets a lot of stick but is it wrong to compare adam who was a youth policy and cost us nothing whereas SN cost us 2 million and you would certainly expect a lot more from him

Burke I do like but agree can be very unpredictable but at least he runs at players and ok does tend to go down down very easily buy again you can see when he runs at teams defences they do double up on him

What do you think???

It's not been easy for Naismith and I feel for him. He's played on the left, performed well and then dropped for the next game. He then comes on as a sub with hardly anytime to make an impact. He put some cracking performances in and was then dropped again. He finds himself out on the right, puts in one of the best performances out of the team and then gets dropped for the next game.

He's not really had a decent run of games and now his confidence is low which is effecting his game. A goal and a run of games and I'm sure he'll show what he's all about.

I think he'll be a different player next season and has a big and important future ahead of him at Rangers.

I loved it when we first bought him and he was good at first, but seems to have lost all his confidence possibly through not playing much, and his touch has deserted him. he was dreadful tonight vs P Thistle.

Lots `of potential, but clearly lacking confidence and like Burke is going to ground too easily.

I don't think he was dreadful against Partick, he held the ball up well at times and made some good runs, however his touch and distribution at times was terrible, again a confidence thing.

Playing him in 3 positions within a 60-70 minute spell everytime he plays isn't helping him.

He always seems to put in a good performance after a run of games.

I don't think he was dreadful against Partick, he held the ball up well at times and made some good runs, however his touch and distribution at times was terrible, again a confidence thing.

Playing him in 3 positions within a 60-70 minute spell everytime he plays isn't helping him.

He always seems to put in a good performance after a run of games.

Ask DC Blue and the guys that were there with me Muff. WE LIKE Naisy, but he was poor tonight and recently he has no first touch whatsoever - Novo too who was very poor tonight.

I was at the game. I thought he did well at times and poor the rest of the time. He's not featured enough and when he has, even after performing he's been dropped for the next match.

I was at the game. I thought he did well at times and poor the rest of the time. He's not featured enough and when he has, even after performing he's been dropped for the next match.

Overall though he looked tremendous with Killie - he is far away from that form just now.

Give him a run of games(and don't switch him around 2-3 times a game) and I'm sure we'll see that form again. Look at the performances when he played on the left, Burke on the right and Cousin upfront with Thomson, Ferguson and Hemdani in midfield.

The team and Naismith were playing some excellent football there.

I think Naisy is suffering because of the continual use of having one striker. Make no mistake thats what Naisy is and when you play him wide you lose his true worth.The boy will run all day for the cause but to be continually switched and then dropped has affected his game. I have always said play him alongside another striker,no matter who,and he will get you goals.Thats why he was so successful at Killie.Walter buys him then changes his natural position and then drops him. I feel really sorry for the boy and the team because we are in danger of ruining one of the best talents in Scottish football.

Once again we start to criticise a player who we spend a couple of million on because they aren't performing to the standards we want. Reminds me so much of the criticism that KT was getting when he first joined us, the criticism Hutton got for a while when he came back from injury etc etc.

He isn't a regular starter, I believe his confidence is low at the moment and the last thing he is going to need is the fans getting on his back.

Walt should play Naismith in the position he is more comfortable with as a striker not out wide !! We can't judge him until he gets into his best position lets face if we spent say 10 mill on a striker and walt played him out wide we would be saying the same thing what a waste of money!

Naismith wasnt bought to come straight into the team and play week in week out. He is one for the near future, and based on some performances this season, in the next couple of years he'll be a big player for us.

He's young, he's inexperienced, he's more often than not, at this stage, gonna have poor touches and distribution etc, but that will come with time.

He looked fantastic at Kilmarnock, but now he's in a totally different place.

Time is all the boy needs

Naismith's performances are very rarely discussed. It's as if we should tip toe around the subject.

Overall, he's been crap. That's the bottom line. I rated him at Killie, I think he's got potential and was delighted when we signed him.......but he's failed to impress in most of his outings.

He's played wide a lot, but then he did that for Killie. It's not an excuse. Being young and needing time to settle......yeah, he can probably get away with that for the rest of this season.

But we're talking about this season, we're hitting the business end now, so we have to be ruthless. Lots of big games coming up, starting with Hibs this weekend, 3 Old Firm games, UEFA Cup quarter finals...........

So the question is, at this moment in time, is Stevie Naismith up to it ? Answer........no. So he shouldn't be starting any of these games and only used off the bench when we really are struggling for options.

Overall though he looked tremendous with Killie - he is far away from that form just now

The thing is, he wasn't tremendous for Killie. He scored goals but he was incositent as he is with the Scotland under 21's. I think he came to us too early, espacially for the price we payed. I would be happy to loan him out next season, if we bring in a more experienced player, to a championship club in England.

Apar from Cuellar and Boyd the team were not good last night.

Adam was rotten again and Naismith had his first poor game..better against Thistle than Hibs on Saturday.

We're starting to tire so defeat wouldn't have bothered me last night......priority is the league the Scottish cup can go to St Johnstone for all i care.

Walter said he signed him for the future as a striker. Dados Dado is right that he was not brilliant or consistent with Killie, he showed only for brief spells in games but he got experience in their first team that he would not have been given with us.

It will take time for him to get confidence and the consistency needed to play for a high pressure team like us.He is down to earth and does realise what he needs to do and how much he has to learn so there is hope for him unlike some others on the fringes and in the squad.

Apar from Cuellar and Boyd the team were not good last night.

Adam was rotten again and Naismith had his first poor game..better against Thistle than Hibs on Saturday.

We're starting to tire so defeat wouldn't have bothered me last night......priority is the league the Scottish cup can go to St Johnstone for all i care.

Every game for us should be important and every game should be played to win. I can imagine what he likes of Bobby Shearer would say if he read your post.