The reason why Boruc is seen as a £10mil+ asset and McGregor aint

J_RFC87

There is little difference between Boruc and McGregor in terms of goalkeeping quality, and both have characters which is also a great asset for a top quality keeper.

I think the reason why Boruc is being quoted at £10mil, and McGregor isn't at all is because Boruc is foreign and Celtic are just a stop over to a bigger club, dispensible, hence why a value can be put on his head.

McGregor however, won't leave easily since he's a Rangers fan, been at Rangers most of his life never mind his career, all his pals are at Rangers etc

So who would you rather have :rolleyes:

:pipe: mcgregors the boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pipe: as 4 "HIM" dont av an opinion, if he stays or gos cudnt botha me in the slightest, and if im bein truely honest think hes overated. Hes a disaster waitin to happen, look at the game against hibs earlier in the season. £10m?? in the words of Jim Royle "my arse".

I don't get why there's posts who say "well McGregor is pretty much up there with Boruc". No, Boruc is nowhere near McGregor's class. Boruc is massively overrated, McGregor's consistency speaks for itself.

In fact McGregor's one of our most consistent players along with Cuellar.

Boruc isnt worth £10m. However to play devil's advocate for a moment hes got more International experience and McGregor has only been 1st choice for about 18 months.

Still rather have McGregor than Boruc especially on current form.

Erm, no, Boruc is viewed as worth so much because he had an excellent world cup in 2006 for Poland, is an established international, and has BAGS of CL experience as well as experience of more than one country's league.

I f*ckin' hate Boruc, but his price tag is realistic.

AM is a great keeper and at least comparible for ability, but yet to gain that 'experience' or to play for his country.

Boruc ousted Dudek. Can AM oust Gordon?

Let's get some perspective guys.

As for who I'd rather have, AM of course :)

Borat is valued at £10m? Who by? The Daily Record and The Sun? The vermin in the media would love to have a sellik player worth that king of money after Hutton's transfer, they are even making up transfer stories to generate interest in him. Bayern Munich story for instance. Who's going to pay £10m for a fat mentally challenged loser?

Erm, no, Boruc is viewed as worth so much because he had an excellent world cup in 2006 for Poland, is an established international, and has BAGS of CL experience as well as experience of more than one country's league.

AM is a great keeper and at least comparible for ability, but yet to gain that 'experience' or to play for his country.

Maybe Danny, but realistic at £10m? - I'm not so sure. Who says? The same camp that valued Diddy Agathe at £29m.

Its AM every time. :rangers:

I'm sorry but i don't think they will get anywhere near that for him, 5 mil tops.

The only reason Hearts got soo much fro Gordon was that he was only 22 and the undisputed national team No1 at the time.

Borats 28 and will struggle to stay number one for poland if Fabianski or Kuszczak get regular football for thier clubs. They are of similar level of ability but without the poor temprement

Boruc is a class keeper unfortunately, and is worth around £8m , he is just a arse of a man

McGregor is a class goalkeeper as well , and will become better over the next few years , he would command a similar fee if he had international experience

Hopefuly he will never want to leave rangers

Agree with almost every thing you are saying Danny except the GBP10M price tag.

My reasoning? Firstly because as we all know the SPL is not highly respected and secondly because Boruc is inconsistent at present.

If it had been last year when he was single handedly letting them pretend they were a great European club, then perhaps they would have received over GBP5M for him.

I agree with everyone who is dubious about £10M.

All I am saying is it's pretty clearly why Boruc DOES have a high price tag. Worth £10M? Probably not, 7 at the most tbh.

But just making the point :)

There have been no bids what so ever for Boruc, nor have there been any bids for McGeedy. As Danny says, it's Smeltc propaganda.. People within the club putting prices own there on players, sounding out rich clubs to bite the bullet, so they can make as much profit as possible? Good business or selling thier soul? Well we know they are good at that...

I despise everything about that club and how they are run..

There is little difference between Boruc and McGregor in terms of goalkeeping quality, and both have characters which is also a great asset for a top quality keeper.

I think the reason why Boruc is being quoted at £10mil, and McGregor isn't at all is because Boruc is foreign and Celtic are just a stop over to a bigger club, dispensible, hence why a value can be put on his head.

McGregor however, won't leave easily since he's a Rangers fan, been at Rangers most of his life never mind his career, all his pals are at Rangers etc

So who would you rather have :rolleyes:

Boruc's about 25 pounds overweight and doesn't look nearly the athete that McGregor is. (No comments on his bedtime athletisism please)

10 mil is way over rated for him.

McGregor is the better keeper now, for me anyway, and is knocking very hard on the door for the Scotland no1 jersey.

Borats attitude is all wrong and I think they'll be lucky to get £5mil.

Boruc is not worth £10m but Gordon isn't worth £9m. Wouldn't surprise me if that lot got something around that for him. I don't even think he's that good tbh and that's not because he plays for them.

Allan McGregor is a better keeper.

boruc is a good goalie. But the reason why he's worth so much is cause Celtic brag and boast how good he is which makes him sound better than he is. The more you hear about how good someone is the more you'll believe that person is good. Celtic are good at doing this and that's how they get away with selling their players for such stupid amounts. Its gunna happen with Boruc and its gunna happen with McGeady.

They hate the fact we got £9m for Hutton even though that price tag was actually worth it for him cause he is actually a good player. Knowing them they will advertise them as much as they can so they can get more to those 2 players who will most likely not be worth they're price tag.

Boruc is only gettin the time of day here because timmy in the mhedia hype him up cause of his clowns performance at crossin himself, if he goes south or wherever he won't warrant a mention. And the English won't spend £10 on him, after Sunderland gettin burned with the overpriced Gordon that will not happen again. Nae chance. :sherlock: