***The Official Partick Thistle v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH i'm treating this Game as a free FixtureRest as many Players as we can
I want the treble!
It's a game I can't be bothered with so I'm not going.
If you'd have said earlier I might have asked for your ticket :blush:

There is an article on the Rangers website titled, Out to Impress- Naisy and fringe players out to make up for Thistle slip. Only problem is that the page keeps on coming up as an error. Can anyone get into it?

By the looks of it, the fringe players will be playing.

There is an article on the Rangers website titled, Out to Impress- Naisy and fringe players out to make up for Thistle slip. Only problem is that the page keeps on coming up as an error. Can anyone get into it?

By the looks of it, the fringe players will be playing.

No, the links expired I think.

STEVEN NAISMITH insists Walter Smith's fringe stars won't let him down if he gives them another chance to impress when Rangers play Partick today.

The Light Blues will travel to play their Glasgow neighbours at Firhill in a Scottish Cup quarter-final replay after they drew 1-1 in their initial meeting at Ibrox last month.

Steven aismith celebratesOn that occasion, Smith rotated his squad and players who haven't been used as regularly as they'd have liked this season were deployed.

The likes of Kris Boyd, Nacho Novo, Charlie Adam and Naismith were all given the opportunity to shine but Gers were lacklustre and fortunate not to lose.

With so many other big games coming up against Celtic and Fiorentina, it is likely Smith will make changes for the trip to First Division Thistle.

And Naismith is determined to not to slip up again and secure a semi-final spot against St Johnstone at Hampden next Sunday.

He said: "Partick set themselves up well last time and weren't the easiest of teams to get past. They also caused us some problems and scored a really good goal.

"But with that said, it still wasn't the best of performances from us and we really let ourselves down.

"Drawing was a massive disappointment for everybody who played in the game and when we came into the dressing room afterwards, our heads were all down.Steven Naismith

"Nobody was in a good mood but hopefully we can make up for that this time around if the same players are given an opportunity again.

"With our involvement in so many competitions, we've got one game after another at the moment and we didn't need an extra one in our schedule.

"It's our fault that we've got to play Thistle again - albeit we're thankful we have that chance - but I'm sure the manager will send out a team he thinks can win.

"Whether he puts the same team out or he changes it, we'll go out there keen to prove we can do a job and make up for the result in the initial tie.

"We want to show the manager he wasn't wrong to give us our opportunity. We know it will be tough on a difficult park but we'll do the very best we can."

Got into the article there.

I never knew that either (tu)

So Whittaker or Dailly at RB. I'd play Dailly RB and Whittaker LB saving Papac for Wednesday. He's the best LB we have.

PARTICK: Tuffey, Storey, Twaddle, Donnelly, Robertson, Kinniburgh, Chaplain, Rowson, Gray, Roberts, Harkins.

Subs: Hinchcliffe, Murray, McKinlay, McStay, Keegan.

RANGERS: McGregor; Whittaker, Weir, Cuellar, Smith; Burke, Dailly, Thomson, Naismith; Novo, Boyd.

Subs: Alexander, Ferguson, Cousin, McCulloch, Furman,

Referee: Iain Brines.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1288561,00.html

PARTICK: Tuffey, Storey, Twaddle, Donnelly, Robertson, Kinniburgh, Chaplain, Rowson, Gray, Roberts, Harkins.

Subs: Hinchcliffe, Murray, McKinlay, McStay, Keegan.

RANGERS: McGregor; Whittaker, Weir, Cuellar, Smith; Burke, Dailly, Thomson, Naismith; Novo, Boyd.

Subs: Alexander, Ferguson, Cousin, McCulloch, Furman,

Referee: Iain Brines.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1288561,00.html

An attacking line-up. The danger is it's light in central midfield.