Who were better

nvager

Bremen are an excellent side...

Just goes to show though how decent Zenit are to knock out Bayern.

Great point Frankie!! We should not be overconfident!! Even though WATP!!

:harhar: :harhar: :harhar:

Agree Werder are a top side. Players like Diego, Mertesacker, Borowski and Naldo are coveted players by nearly every top club in Europe. Foiorentina are a good side but maybe just lacking a couple of quality players to be as good as Werder.

Werder really impressed me. They were very good in the second leg, to say the least.

Plus the Werder fans that joined RM were great, we got no crap from them. I still pop on their site now to say hello.

Good guys all.

wow a topic where everyone agrees. that makes it 2 along with the "i hate celtic" thread

Well I hate to spoil the party but I'm not sure why everyone thinks Werder were 'clearly' better. Personally I think they were about equal - the backs to the wall job in Germany was unbelievably intense. Instead of us CHOOSING to play so defensively, we were forced back. We merely opted to play that way at Fio and invited them on us.

However at Ibrox Fio were better - Bremen didn't play that well and Diego was anonymous that night. I was thrilled with the 0-0 draw against the Tallies.

Also, since playing us Bremen have slipped down the table.

It's entirely academical though - Zenit are a better team than both of them - in the Uefa Cup anyway.

I thought Fiorentina rather flattered to deceive because they didn't have enough quality balls into the box to really trouble us. There is no doubt in my mind that the closest we came to going out was over in Bremen but the thin blue line held strong :rangers: