Looks as though they are goin for Tainted Title 2

Now you're just talking shite. <cr>

oh contraire.

You are the one talking urine

No, if it was 'au contraire', I'd be talking shite not urine. :rolleyes:

Either way, you are talking nappy contents.

If you can't see they cancelled purely due to the fact it benefited them then you are either a liar or something far worse.

Aye, well. I like to think that there are bears out there that consider themselves above shit like that.

Agree to disagree and all that. :rolleyes:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, well. I like to think that there are bears out there that consider themselves above shit like that.

Above seeing what's right infront of them?

I'd like to think not.

Suppose we'll have to :rolleyes: (see anyone can use a daft wee smiley)

I'd like to think not.

Congratulations.

I'd like to think not.

Congratulations.

Cheers :rolleyes:

I'd like to think not.

Congratulations.

Cheers :rolleyes:

:craphead:

how anyone can defend the action of scum who would try anything to gain advantage to help them win the title. of course it was not that game alone that won the title for them, but it sure helped. to use a players death to get a game called off is as low as you can get, but as we all know celtic are a club who try to use death to get the sympathy vote, its just a shame that we could not celebrate the death of celtic, now that would be a great celebration.

how anyone can defend the action of scum who would try anything to gain advantage to help them win the title. of course it was not that game alone that won the title for them, but it sure helped. to use a players death to get a game called off is as low as you can get, but as we all know celtic are a club who try to use death to get the sympathy vote, its just a shame that we could not celebrate the death of celtic, now that would be a great celebration.

I don't think true, Rangers supporting critics of the POD conspiracy are defending the scum, they are simply saying it's beneath us to get involved in this in any way at all.

On the one hand, advocates say that it's abominable to use a man's death to get an advantage, then go ahead and use the same circumstances, the same man's death to get one over them in a different way.

I don't think true, Rangers supporting critics of the POD conspiracy are defending the scum, they are simply saying it's beneath us to get involved in this in any way at all.

On the one hand, advocates say that it's abominable to use a man's death to get an advantage, then go ahead and use the same circumstances, the same man's death to get one over them in a different way.

not trying to get one over on them, just telling the truth and why not cancel the game when tommy burns died. that reason was that they were in the driving seat and suited them to play.

What I find humerous is that had we won the league, this POD conspiracy would never have been spoken of again. There was little, if no mention of it during the run in, and now that we've lost, it's suddenly back on the agenda. To be frank, you sir are a cynic and a sore loser. Show some class and hold your head high in defeat. We might have lost the league, but as trubear so rightly said, throwing all these absurd accusations around is nothing short of turning a humble defeat into an embarrassment.

Speak for yourself.

Had we won the league I'd be just as critical. I've never known anything more shameful.

I blame us losing the league mainly on our chairmans shoulders. selling Hutton was an act of greed that weakened our squad.

Where in this thread have I stated this cost us the league?

Try reading the thread bofore posting a lot of shite.

Somehow I question how critical you'd really have been had we won the league. Just my opinion.

No where did I say that you stated the POD thing cost us the league. Maybe YOU should read my posts more carefully beforing 'posting a lot of shite' as you so put it. All I'm saying is the loss of the league has caused some more unsavory people to resort to accusations of 'graverobbing'. I find it all a bit childish. I must say, I'm a mild-mannered person, but for fucks sake, get a fucking grip! here's a wee quote for you

"It's a very difficult time for everyone, especially the lad's family.

"Our thoughts across football would go to his family first and foremost.

"I don't think you can think about playing. For those of us that are in the game, the only thing that matters is that we show a proper degree of sympathy to his family."

These words were said by non other than Walter Smith. He personally backed the postponement of the Old Firm fixture.

What some seem to forget is that Phil did not spend a 'short time' at celtic as a lot of people are saying, he spent five years there! And contrary to the claims that only a couple of celtic players even knew him, Phil O'Donnell had a lot of close friends at Celtic.

Gordon Strachan was initially reluctant to call for the postponement of the fixture!!

There are times in life when the blue-tinted specs gotta come off, and all footballing matters go outa the window. The Phil O'Donnell tradegy was one of those times. When I heard of the Old Firm postponement, i didn't give it a second thought. When I heard of the conspiracy, I was absolutely gutted that any of my fellow bears would think like that.

The conspiracy? I'll go with the actuality.

Oh FFS, How can pointing out they used the mans death to their advantage be using his death to our advantage? They gained, we didn't.

Of course that's right we aren't genuinely disgusted. We only want it as a stick to beat them with.

It's beneath you to get involved (yet you do) but it's a conspiracy? Make your mind up.

Carry on contradicting yourself Mr Dignity. It's highly amusing

The conspiracy? I'll go with the actuality.

Oh FFS, How can pointing out they used the mans death to their advantage be using his death to our advantage? They gained, we didn't.

Of course that's right we aren't genuinely disgusted. We only want it as a stick to beat them with.

It's beneath you to get involved (yet you do) but it's a conspiracy? Make your mind up.

Carry on contradicting yourself Mr Dignity. It's highly amusing

I haven't contradicted myself. If you find what I post amusing, I'm very happy for you. :craphead:

here's a wee quote for you

"I don't think you can think about playing. For those of us that are in the game, the only thing that matters is that we show a proper degree of sympathy to his family."

These words were said by non other than Walter Smith. He personally backed the postponement of the Old Firm fixture.

The day before that he said "there's nothing we can do about it, we just have to get on with the fixtures." If Walter really wanted the game postponed he would have got Rangers to submit a request, but he obviously didn't and Celtic did, so they asked and we didn't.

As for the quote itself... what did you honestly expect him to say? "This is pish, it's obvious they're just doing it to gain an advantage over us." No, I don't think so, it's a sensetive issue. Everyone knows why it was really done though, including Walter.

What I find humerous is that had we won the league, this POD conspiracy would never have been spoken of again. There was little, if no mention of it during the run in, and now that we've lost, it's suddenly back on the agenda. To be frank, you sir are a cynic and a sore loser. Show some class and hold your head high in defeat. We might have lost the league, but as trubear so rightly said, throwing all these absurd accusations around is nothing short of turning a humble defeat into an embarrassment.

Speak for yourself.

Had we won the league I'd be just as critical. I've never known anything more shameful.

I blame us losing the league mainly on our chairmans shoulders. selling Hutton was an act of greed that weakened our squad.

Somehow I question how critical you'd really have been had we won the league. Just my opinion.

No where did I say that you stated the POD thing cost us the league. Maybe YOU should read my posts more carefully beforing 'posting a lot of shite' as you so put it. All I'm saying is the loss of the league has caused some more unsavory people to resort to accusations of 'graverobbing'. I find it all a bit childish. I must say, I'm a mild-mannered person, but for fucks sake, get a fucking grip! here's a wee quote for you

What some seem to forget is that Phil did not spend a 'short time' at celtic as a lot of people are saying, he spent five years there! And contrary to the claims that only a couple of celtic players even knew him, Phil O'Donnell had a lot of close friends at Celtic.

Gordon Strachan was initially reluctant to call for the postponement of the fixture!!

There are times in life when the blue-tinted specs gotta come off, and all footballing matters go outa the window. The Phil O'Donnell tradegy was one of those times. When I heard of the Old Firm postponement, i didn't give it a second thought. When I heard of the conspiracy, I was absolutely gutted that any of my fellow bears would think like that.

Replying to my post with these words

What I find humerous is that had we won the league, this POD conspiracy would never have been spoken of again.

Insinuates that I lay the blame of losing the title to this act of shame.

What else could Walter Smith do?

Why wasn't there a postponement after the death of Tommy Burns? Surely not the integrity of the league.

You feel ashamed for us all you like. Questioning they scumbags for using this to their advantage in no way takes away the shock and grief we all felt after POD passed away.

The Celtc captain was talking about how much he was looking forward to the game only the day before it was postponed. This wasn't a decision made at club level IMO. It had Liewell written all over it. Nice of him to go public before Rangers had a chance to agree wasn't it?

And real heart felt of them to carry on signing and parading players while POD was being laid to rest.

Speak for yourself.

thats not true as he had left the club many years ago, and very few left at the club knew him.

The day before that he said "there's nothing we can do about it, we just have to get on with the fixtures." If Walter really wanted the game postponed he would have got Rangers to submit a request, but he obviously didn't and Celtic did, so they asked and we didn't.

As for the quote itself... what did you honestly expect him to say? "This is pish, it's obvious they're just doing it to gain an advantage over us." No, I don't think so, it's a sensetive issue. Everyone knows why it was really done though, including Walter.

So you're saying that Walter said all of that but didn't mean a word of it? :unsure:

Sorry, but that's bollocks. I believe that Walter is a genuine man who speaks his mind.

Tell me, if all the things that people are saying in this thread are true - why did Rangers not take some kind of action, or why didn't they want to be seen to be taking action publicly?

What is the answer to that? Because it's a 'sensitive' issue?

You'd hardly think it was a sensitive issue, going by some of the posts in this thread. :(

So you're saying that Walter said all of that but didn't mean a word of it? :unsure:

Sorry, but that's bollocks. I believe that Walter is a genuine man who speaks his mind.

Tell me, if all the things that people are saying in this thread are true - why did Rangers not take some kind of action, or why didn't they want to be seen to be taking action publicly?

You'd hardly think it was a sensitive issue, going by some of the posts in this thread. :(

Walter is a clever man, he's not stupid. No manager would have come out and said that, regardless of what they truly thought about the situation. Imagine the grief he would have got if he had tried to suggest that.

Yes, what else could he do?

Are you saying he was lying the day before?

We didn't take action 'cause we have a boardroom full of shrinking violets that wouldn't dip an elbow in a bathtub to test it for a bairn. They are scared of their own shadow and Liewell has them on the ropes with ease.

A couple months down the line when fixture congestion became an issue did Liewell show any understanding? No he went on the offensive from the outset.

But hey, as long as we don't act like them huh?

Get of your knees Rangers and fight!

Walter is a clever man, he's not stupid. No manager would have come out and said that, regardless of what they truly thought about the situation. Imagine the grief he would have got if he had tried to suggest that.

Which is precisely the point I'm making. Why would no manager come out and say that? The reason is that the subject matter is such that it makes it morally questionable to do so.

Some fans however, think otherwise.

Which is precisely the point I'm making. Why would no manager come out and say that? The reason is that the subject matter is such that it makes it morally questionable to do so.

Some fans however, think otherwise.

Not his place to do so.

The club should have denied the request. Stating that the game should go ahead in memory of POD.

So just 'cause we all know they postponed it purely for their benefit some of us shouldn't speak our mind?

To put it bluntly, if you believe in this conspiracy, you are a stupid fucking asshole.

hmmmm :rolleyes:

They are scum and have shown it again with the POD fiasco. I just cannot believe that Rangers fans would be so quick to defend them on this when they are always sticking the boot into us.

Get your priorities right.

I think most Rangers fans recognise that the Phil O'Donnell conspiracy theory is embarrassing and false, though my faith in that assumption is being tested by the posts on this forum. This is such an undignified way of losing a title.

And this will not always be remembered as a tainted title. You wish it were so, but it won't. We threw it away with our shocking record against the top six, and my lasting memory of the league climax will be losing to Aberdeen in a game we had to win. It certainly won't be "remember that season Celtic took advantage of a man's death, blah blah blah", because that's obviously false and in poor taste.

Spot on.

We lost the league, time to move on. Dragging Phil O'Donnell, paedophillia (as was mentioned in the first post) or anything else like that into it is in poor taste and nothing but bullshit and denial.

Precisely the type of bullshit I'd expect from them actually, not fellow Rangers fans.

I'm glad to see that at least some of my fellow bears have sense in them. I've always been an outward skeptic of the POD conspiracy. I could write a huge post about my beliefs on the situation, but simply put, I think it's ridiculous that people are actually resorting to using POD as an excuse for the title loss. What I find interesting is that if we had won the title, this whole conspiracy would have never been mentioned again.

If you're a true bear you'll do as I do and take the title loss in grace, and focus on next season. They may have got 3 in a row but we gotta get behind our team and stop the bastards getting the 4.

To accuse any football club, even THEM, of such a thing is, as I said, ridiculous.

Ah another 10 poster attracted to this thread and taking the alleged moral high ground ! :rolleyes::sherlock: