Looks as though they are goin for Tainted Title 2

I think most Rangers fans recognise that the Phil O'Donnell conspiracy theory is embarrassing and false, though my faith in that assumption is being tested by the posts on this forum. This is such an undignified way of losing a title.

And this will not always be remembered as a tainted title. You wish it were so, but it won't. We threw it away with our shocking record against the top six, and my lasting memory of the league climax will be losing to Aberdeen in a game we had to win. It certainly won't be "remember that season Celtic took advantage of a man's death, blah blah blah", because that's obviously false and in poor taste.

strange that most fans i meet and speak to all agree they used a footbalers death to have the game called off, also everyone knows they are ambulance chasers and always have been, plus referees and their linesman have went out of their way to help them. it will go down in the history books that they won the title, but we know the real truth, which is the stole it and can stick it up their a--e.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, I wouldn't put it past Celtic to use POD's death to gain an advantage, but I don't think we're doing ourselves any favours trying to latch on to any excuse we can find to explain losing the title. What we're perhaps forgetting is that Celtic were playing terribly when we played the first game at Celtic Park too (they'd lost to us, Aberdeen and Motherwell in the weeks running up to it) yet we still lost the game. If the players had just done their job in either of the games at Celtic Park, or the game at Fir Park, or the game at Easter Road, or the game at Pittodrie, or the game at Tannadice (you get the idea) then we wouldn't need to sit here and dream up excuses.

The only people that will remember that are rangers fans. At the end of the day our form over the last 2 months has been terrible and that is why we've lost out on the league.
please do not roll over like a puppy dog and accept the fact septic "won" the league, this league was stolen from us by an accumialation of circumstances and we must not forget it or let anyone forget it. do not forget either that in the last 2 months of the season we reached the UEFA cup final, so the form couldnt have been that bad !

It's amusing to see 2 radically opposing schools of thought here.

One could say it's the hard right v the hard left.

I think that's wrong. Mr Dignity may well be 'hard right' but opposing his stance is reasonable, not radical, and does not make you the opposite extreme by any means.

However opposing the wrongs of the darkside doesn't make you 'hard right' in the eyes of the majority of citizens in this country it makes you 'middle of the road British'.

LMAO...and what would a BNP supporter know of 'middle of the road' Britishness?

It's amusing to see 2 radically opposing schools of thought here.

One could say it's the hard right v the hard left.

I think that's wrong. Mr Dignity may well be 'hard right' but opposing his stance is reasonable, not radical, and does not make you the opposite extreme by any means.

However opposing the wrongs of the darkside doesn't make you 'hard right' in the eyes of the majority of citizens in this country it makes you 'middle of the road British'.

More than a left-wing supporter hiding behind the Union flag and calling himself 'Briton' ??????

Yes they used O'Donnells death, Hartley, Robson and Vinegar tried their hardest to injure our players with a good degree of success, etc etc etc.

But it was all in our hands and WS blew it, we didn't strengthen well enough in January, Walters refusal to fully utilise his squad and negative tactics cost us.

To complain makes us look as bad as that fairy from Fiorentina, they won it, time to move on, invest heavily in quality players, sort out proper tactics for winning games and win the league by February and as for them, NO MORE FAVOURS EVER.

Smeltic unquestionably used it to their advantage. We would have humped them in the New Year derby when they were without McGeady and Borat.

Let's not forget that our fixture congestion was ADDED TO by their abuse of the POD situation.

More than a left-wing supporter hiding behind the Union flag and calling himself 'Briton' ??????

My politics are right of centre as it happens and I'm hiding behind nothing. Actually if I was left wing I wouldn't feel the need to hide the fact, as it's a perfectly legitimate stance. I suppose that just shows the mindset of a BNP supporter, a group who are despised by the great majority of Britons.

Why was there no game postponed for Tommy Burns??

Because by then they were in the driving seat.

We all know why the Old Firm game was called off. We all know there's no depth Celtic won't sink to. But in the end it doesn't matter. The record books will say: 2007-08 Champions - Celtic. They won't say Celtic got games called off when they were in trouble or Rangers were driven harder than a nineteenth century pit pony at the end of the season, because ultimately nobody except us cares.

I think most Rangers fans recognise that the Phil O'Donnell conspiracy theory is embarrassing and false, though my faith in that assumption is being tested by the posts on this forum. This is such an undignified way of losing a title.

And this will not always be remembered as a tainted title. You wish it were so, but it won't. We threw it away with our shocking record against the top six, and my lasting memory of the league climax will be losing to Aberdeen in a game we had to win. It certainly won't be "remember that season Celtic took advantage of a man's death, blah blah blah", because that's obviously false and in poor taste.

regardless of the cancelled old firm game we still had the chance to win the title and blew it ourselves but i was angry with the postponed old firm game in jan and i am still angry about it. The way strachan tried to make out that his players were all devastated and couldnt even think about playing a game etc etc was just pathetic. Scott mcdonald was the only one to play with him and i think mcmanus was a family friend but the rest barely knew the guy. Strange how they werent too upset to complete a transfer within days. Mcgeady suspended and boruc and nakamura both out with injury had that game gone ahead. If celtic had any dignity they would have played the team they were going to before the game was postponed. By not doing that it just proves to me that they just used odonnels death as an excuse to get their better players back for the game. Its disgusting. What annoys me the most is that they didnt want a postponement for a game the day after tommy burns death. Now if it had been tommy that had died before the old firm game i would not have any problem as he was a decent guy, a celtic legend and had been at the club as a coach for years. Yet they dont need to postpone a game for that but do for an ex player who left 5 years ago?????

My politics are right of centre as it happens and I'm hiding behind nothing. Actually if I was left wing I wouldn't feel the need to hide the fact, as it's a perfectly legitimate stance. I suppose that just shows the mindset of a BNP supporter, a group who are despised by the great majority of Britons.

Right of centre of what ? And I'm sure the rest of you Britons despise anything right wing. Anyway enough of this petty pish, it's still a tainted title and will always be remembered as such ! :sherlock:

I don't agree with the Phil O'Donnell conspiracy, which I think shames our fans. I do however think that had we played them the day we were meant to, at a time when we were possibly playing the best football of the season, we would have beat them comfortably.

McCulloch was injured, Burke had remembered how to play and we were basically playind 4-3-3 and scoring for fun. Plujs McGayday was injured and the Tims were rank rotten at that time.

This however I think is coincidental.

I don't think anyone can argue that we lost the league due to the atrosity of being asked to play 4 vital games in 8 days - something which is previously unheard of.

They can bleat about not having got the weekend off before their UEFA Cup Final, but that's not what this is about. It's about playing a UEFA final on the Wed, a major league game on the Sat, another vital league game on the Mon and the clincher on the Thurs .. this will NEVER happen again.

I really hope Celtic enjoy their league win coz it will not happen again next year. This was a rebuilding season for us and I'm disappointed, though delighted, that we took it so far. Remember this time last year when they were signing Brown and Donati etc and we thought we were so far behind??? Well look again Bears coz we only lost the league due to circumstance this time when they should have romped it. Next season we will add a bit of flair and really take it to those bastards.

WATP :rangers:

. . . no matter what. The Season that celtic lowered themselves to a new low from paedophilia to bodysnatching. Any body would have done so long as that game was postponed ! :sherlock:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO YOU WANKER, 3 IN A ROW MATE!!!!!!

THE SPL TABLE DOESNT LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

. . . no matter what. The Season that celtic lowered themselves to a new low from paedophilia to bodysnatching. Any body would have done so long as that game was postponed ! :sherlock:

Big Jock did.

I didnt even know you could ask it questions?

Well clearly you can, ask it for me if big jock knew?

Don't forget about some of their sickening chanting this year about Gazza

THERES 2 PAUL GASCOIGNES!!!! THERES ONLY 2 PAUL GASCOIGNES!!!!! 2 PAUL GASCOIGNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what chant?

I know there is, a guy called paul gascoigne lives down the road for me.

And also there is the famous one that silenced you all wae a wee rendition of the flute playing.

In fact im sure there must be more than 2 paul gascoignes.

Must be gettin to them when this walloper zeroed in on this thread, so keep reminding them of what they are, G's, T's and Thieves ! Oh and GRAVEROBBERS ! :sherlock: