Looks as though they are goin for Tainted Title 2

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only people that will remember that are rangers fans. At the end of the day our form over the last 2 months has been terrible and that is why we've lost out on the league.

Nail Head etc

Our away form since February in the league has been woeful and the team selection with the squad we have is not excusable imo.

We will recover, 2nd is no good.

The only people that will remember that are rangers fans. At the end of the day our form over the last 2 months has been terrible and that is why we've lost out on the league.

Exactly, well put

I had the impression we were giving it to them as a goodwill gesture after the death of Burns the way some were going on

It would have been a nice gesture to give them the title in these circumstances and I'd like to think this was the real reason !

Guest The Brown Brogue

Nail Head etc

Our away form since February in the league has been woeful and the team selection with the squad we have is not excusable imo.

Exactly.

It wasn't the SPL or Celtic who put out our team who couldn't win against Dundee United, Celtic x2, Hibs, Motherwell, and Aberdeen. Winning a couple of these games would have won us the title, no matter what Celtic got up to.

I'm frankly getting a bit sick of blaming everyone else for our shortcomings. The league was in our hands and we blew it, theres no-one to blame but ourselves.

I think most Rangers fans recognise that the Phil O'Donnell conspiracy theory is embarrassing and false, though my faith in that assumption is being tested by the posts on this forum. This is such an undignified way of losing a title.

And this will not always be remembered as a tainted title. You wish it were so, but it won't. We threw it away with our shocking record against the top six, and my lasting memory of the league climax will be losing to Aberdeen in a game we had to win. It certainly won't be "remember that season Celtic took advantage of a man's death, blah blah blah", because that's obviously false and in poor taste.

I think most Rangers fans recognise that the Phil O'Donnell conspiracy theory is embarrassing and false, though my faith in that assumption is being tested by the posts on this forum. This is such an undignified way of losing a title.

And this will not always be remembered as a tainted title. You wish it were so, but it won't. We threw it away with our shocking record against the top six, and my lasting memory of the league climax will be losing to Aberdeen in a game we had to win. It certainly won't be "remember that season Celtic took advantage of a man's death, blah blah blah", because that's obviously false and in poor taste.

but they did take advantage of a players death.

Poor taste was from the bheggars hijacking a man's death not only to deny Rangers but to have the affrontary to host a benefit match when it wasn't their place to do it to fill their coffers in the pretence it was charitable. They made more from their catering between TB's funeral and POD's testimonial than most honest SPL clubs do in a year. They laugh up their sleeve at people gullable enough to believe that postponing the old firm game did not have an influence on the titles destination. We really do have some fans whose heads are firmly entrenched in the sand like THEFISH used to say ! :sherlock:

Celtic, as well as their fans, are cowardly cheating wankers. There's no denying.

We all know for the last Old Firm, they had seen our schedule, seen our injury situation and suspensions. We all know that they had, as a strategy, to go in and injure people. Pegs in the stomach and whatnot was no accident, and not the result of the usually "harshness" of OF games. We know it's strategy. We know they used the death of O'Donnell to gain benifits and so on.

This we need to tell to the less educated and to the so-called "neutrals" who doesn't see, or doesn't want to see.

However, we all know this is so. Nobody needs to tell anyone here about the rats in green and white. It is all too very obvious, like trying to say the sun is hot. :-)

Nontheless, we didn't miss the title because we lost two OF games. We lost because we dropped too many unnecessary points - which is a little bit of the reason we were almost clear for the title a month before the season ended, and held it firmly in our hands for months before that. I was almost sure of victory at the winter break. I thought, "sure, we were eliminated from the CL, but we have a go in the UEFA cup and we will win the league, and probably get a domestic treble."

We lost because we dropped points. We dropped points because our schedule, because the SPL f*cked us over, and gave us a schedule nobody could cope with, not even the greatest club in the world - Rangers.

We also lost because of some management results, because of loss of morale and energy, and because it's hard to predict who will not produce on any given date.

We lost because the league screwed us, and because of some mistakes. Not because Celtic are cheating bastards. Celtic has always been cheating bastards. That hasn't stopped us from taking more titles than any other club in the world.

And it won't stop us from having a go at them all next season.

:rangers:

Celtic, as well as their fans, are cowardly cheating wankers. There's no denying.

We all know for the last Old Firm, they had seen our schedule, seen our injury situation and suspensions. We all know that they had, as a strategy, to go in and injure people. Pegs in the stomach and whatnot was no accident, and not the result of the usually "harshness" of OF games. We know it's strategy. We know they used the death of O'Donnell to gain benifits and so on.

This we need to tell to the less educated and to the so-called "neutrals" who doesn't see, or doesn't want to see.

However, we all know this is so. Nobody needs to tell anyone here about the rats in green and white. It is all too very obvious, like trying to say the sun is hot. :-)

Nontheless, we didn't miss the title because we lost two OF games. We lost because we dropped too many unnecessary points - which is a little bit of the reason we were almost clear for the title a month before the season ended, and held it firmly in our hands for months before that. I was almost sure of victory at the winter break. I thought, "sure, we were eliminated from the CL, but we have a go in the UEFA cup and we will win the league, and probably get a domestic treble."

We lost because we dropped points. We dropped points because our schedule, because the SPL f*cked us over, and gave us a schedule nobody could cope with, not even the greatest club in the world - Rangers.

We also lost because of some management results, because of loss of morale and energy, and because it's hard to predict who will not produce on any given date.

We lost because the league screwed us, and because of some mistakes. Not because Celtic are cheating bastards. Celtic has always been cheating bastards. That hasn't stopped us from taking more titles than any other club in the world.

And it won't stop us from having a go at them all next season.

:rangers:

Got to agree with this (tu)

I agree with most of it but if you remember in January when the OF game in question should have been played septic were in a real form slump, and would have been without their double player of the year. I also think us going to septic park at that point and getting 3 points would have finished them off, and they would have dissolved into infighting and strapon baiting. But of course they had other ideas and the game was played at a time and with personnel more advantageous to them ... it's just a pity a man had to die to make that happen.

Why was there no game postponed for Tommy Burns??

A true Celtic man and a gentleman who was loved by all clubs and who was best mates with the present Rangers and Celtic management plus numerous present and former players.

But O'Donnell was a former player who spent most of his time on the bench or injured and was only known by 1 Celtic player yet the crocodile tears flowed and the shite that is Celtic football club shouted for a postponement....even Dundee Utd couldn't get their game off and they watched the poor lad die in front of them.

Even mankies i know said it was low of Strapon(who didn't even know the boy)and Lawwell to stoop as far down as they did.

That day for me summed up that the world would be better off without that shite breathing the same oxygen as the rest of us.

It's amusing to see 2 radically opposing schools of thought here.

One could say it's the hard right v the hard left.

I think that's wrong. Mr Dignity may well be 'hard right' but opposing his stance is reasonable, not radical, and does not make you the opposite extreme by any means.

I think most Rangers fans recognise that the Phil O'Donnell conspiracy theory is embarrassing and false...

I don't think most Bears think it's a conspiracy but that Celtic took advantage of tragic circumstances for their own advantage. Personally I suspect they did but that was just one more incident in an incident packed season and in the end we lost it because of our own failings.

This constant undignified whining about the SPL, Celtic and POD, referees etc. etc. is ironic really as it about as Tim like behaviour as you can get.

Nope. It was mainly the refs. 30 point swing to them purely due to refereeing.

Nail Head etc

Exactly.

It wasn't the SPL or Celtic who put out our team who couldn't win against Dundee United, Celtic x2, Hibs, Motherwell, and Aberdeen. Winning a couple of these games would have won us the title, no matter what Celtic got up to.

I'm frankly getting a bit sick of blaming everyone else for our shortcomings. The league was in our hands and we blew it, theres no-one to blame but ourselves.

Referees and SPL I tell you!

It's amusing to see 2 radically opposing schools of thought here.

One could say it's the hard right v the hard left.

I think that's wrong. Mr Dignity may well be 'hard right' but opposing his stance is reasonable, not radical, and does not make you the opposite extreme by any means.

However opposing the wrongs of the darkside doesn't make you 'hard right' in the eyes of the majority of citizens in this country it makes you 'middle of the road British'. Heaven knows what it makes these characters claimed to be 'hard left'. PS - Always REMEMBER SPL title winners 2007-2008= GRAVEROBBERS. :unionflag: :sherlock:

Personally, I find that statement more embarrassing and false than the suggestion they may stoop to levels as has been stated elsewhere