Andrius Velicka

Ibroxblue

Im pretty happy with this signing and think he'll come good for us, not a world beater but will get stuck in, welcome to Ibrox Velicka :pipe:

and for 1 million, canny grumble.

Exactly, not a world beater but he will do the job, £1million for Velicka is good business imo.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, he has a good record, and, he really sounds like he wants to play for us. Makes a lot of the right noises, so, maybe this will be one of those surprise great signings. He has good stats from playing with lesser clubs, and, isnt costing much at all so, could be good.

Compare him to the signing of McCulloch, cant be as bad as that? And again, if Lee had been bought for 1million as opposed to what we paid, i dont think people would dislike him as much

Im happy enough with this signing - his goals ratio speaks for itself.

If we are to spend big money on a player this summer I hope its a creative player for the midfield or wing - we could field Van Nistelroy and Drogba but the goals wont come unless the chances are created.

I actually think this is a good signing for us, not alot of money and he has a great scoring record, might not be the big name that we were looking for (although never likely to get) but I think he may turn out to be a top player for us

If we are to spend big money on a player this summer I hope its a creative player for the midfield or wing - we could field Van Nistelroy and Drogba but the goals wont come unless the chances are created.

(tu) Nail on head. Had been thinking that myself. No point signing these strikers or any strikers if we can't create for them.

(tu) Nail on head. Had been thinking that myself. No point signing these strikers or any strikers if we can't create for them.

You lot don't know what you're on about. A high ball up to one of them is more than enough to create chances and win games...

To be honest, he has a good record, and, he really sounds like he wants to play for us. Makes a lot of the right noises, so, maybe this will be one of those surprise great signings. He has good stats from playing with lesser clubs, and, isnt costing much at all so, could be good.

Compare him to the signing of McCulloch, cant be as bad as that? And again, if Lee had been bought for 1million as opposed to what we paid, i dont think people would dislike him as much

Exactly (tu)

He's got a decent record and is clearly dying to come and play for us. Will hopefuly form a good partnership with Boydy :harhar:

Miller and Velicka doh

When are we seeing these 'quality' players?!?!?!?

exactly velicka would maybe get a few goals in the spl but wouldnt even be a treat in europe and just isnt rangers quality by a long shot

SO what is Rangers quality???????

I keep hearing these words...maybe we should not bother with squad players and buy all luxury players with our £20M doh

so we need how many "alleged" rangers class......ah thats right about 25 eh hmmmmm :P

It thing is Miller and Velicka are not better, than Cousin and JCD or Novo and Boyd!

Where is these Signings that actually Improve the 1st team?

Cousin will leave, Boyd can not play without a partner, JCD can not finish a full match and Novo is usually played on the right or in times of need out left.

Ideally Miller could be used for last 20mins of game to replace JCD and harass a tired defence......Velicka could be an alternative to Boyd. I hope a top quality Striker could still be found for the 1st team though....something special and a notch above what we have at this time.

Fingers crossed we see progress after Euro2008 ^_^

Another thing Hearts never sold Velicka, he was still Kaunas player at Hearts, hes was on loan to Hearts, so it was Kaunas's who sold Velicka to Viking. If does something like the job Scott Mcdonald done for Celtic then I will be very happy.

Sorry not good enough for me i know we can't spend big money on player but they have got to be better on there than this shite

Yeah because any player who has averaged a goal every two games throughout his entire career must be garbage eh?

(tu)

I like Velicka, he always caused both us and the mhanks all sorts of problems - and I was glad when Kaunas took him from hearts the week before we played them at Tynecastle - they were completely toothless without him.

Strong, good in the air and has a shot on him, for a reported £1m I'd be happy with that.

I like Velicka, he always caused both us and the mhanks all sorts of problems - and I was glad when Kaunas took him from hearts the week before we played them at Tynecastle - they were completely toothless without him.

Strong, good in the air and has a shot on him, for a reported £1m I'd be happy with that.

Stop talking such sense. You'll offend some people. :D

Well, they know what they can do then :craphead:

Well, they know what they can do then :craphead:

Moan a lot? :D

im wonering if we shouldnt pay 1 million for velicka and use it on quality, where can u get quality for 1 million.

velicka can hold a ball up and create a little something which the likes of boyd cant, as much as i like boyd he is a bit lazy and cant hold a ball up to save himself

can someone also tell me wat kris is valued at