David Edgar/RST comment on Kenny Miller

Boab

Yes another good sound bit from David Edgar.

As has been said many times before, we don't want him because he is not good enough. That is the main reason so many are against him.

Now every time Edgar opens his mouth he comes accross as an idiot...........................saying it has got nothing to do with him playing for Celtic is niave and it'll come back and haunt him. Who out there actually believes him and because he's making eveyone out to be as stupid as he is they'll have a ball in the rags at our expense.

The newspaper seemed to suggest he was talking for the whole support, thus saying most of us on here and in the stands don't like Kenny simple because he's not Rangers class............................another own goal by the self proclaimed Bears mouthpiece.

All he had to say was, we'll support him because he plays for Rangers, end of story, no need to eleborate but hey Edgar needs more so he can puff out his chest.

Another hate filled post directed towards a member of the RST. You must bide your time just waiting for an opportunity to stick the boot in. Shame you write a lot of shite though in an attempt to discredit him. Better luck next time

Boab. What exactly has he said wrong here? That may well be his opinion on the matter! I didn't want him for footballing reasons only. I've said plenty of times on previous threads that the thought of ex-Celtc players playing for Rangers doesn't bother me in the slightest as long as they have the ability to pull on the shirt. Is it that impossible that DE opinions mirror mine?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on, I meant respected as maybe an ex player/legend admitting it when commenting on it. That was all.

Not what you said Boab:

somebody could say something though thats respected

If you meant 'somebody who is respected could say something', you should have said it.

Personally I have a great deal of respect for Brother Edgar.....

;)

Boab. What exactly has he said wrong here? That may well be his opinion on the matter! I didn't want him for footballing reasons only. I've said plenty of times on previous threads that the thought of ex-Celtc players playing for Rangers doesn't bother me in the slightest as long as they have the ability to pull on the shirt. Is it that impossible that DE opinions mirror mine?

I was agreeing with Davy!

All I was meaning that I think its a combination for the most part of pish and turncoat/ex-celtic than just pish.

One of the many reasons why I didnt want Khenny Miller was because he was a failure at celtc. I dont want us signing any ex tim bastards.

Alvyn Martin on Talk sport says when you judge a striker you jufde him by his goals to games ratio, not if he runs his tiny little legs off, goals are what counts and Frankly apart from for Scotland Miller's averages are pish, that is why i don't want him in the blue, fuck all other reason.

Alvyn Martin on Talk sport says when you judge a striker you jufde him by his goals to games ratio, not if he runs his tiny little legs off, goals are what counts and Frankly apart from for Scotland Miller's averages are pish, that is why i don't want him in the blue, fuck all other reason.

(tu)

Guest Andypendek
Was there a vote of RST members polling their opinions on Miller, if they disliked him why and what they thought of Smith's appeal? If there was there's nothing wrong with the statement.

If there wasn't yer man could do with shutting his yap. I never asked him to speak for me on Miller or anything else, he's the RST spokesman not the 'fans' spokesman.'

Press: 'Mr Edgar do the RST have any comment on Walter's statement about miller'?

Davie: 'Hold on I'll organise a ballot of RST Members and get back to you in a month'.

Nah, we can't do ballots on every subject under the sun, so no comment on this one.' Is the RST is there to provide filler for the sports pages?

He has never claimed to be anything other that a spokesman for the RST. Since he couldn't possibly have consulted the membership, he shouldn't be commenting. Is he the the RST spokesman or a contact for struggling sportsdesks?

The press label him 'fans' spokesman.' Which, of course, no-one could ever foresee happening should a spokesman play ball with the papers and their shit stirring. For crying out loud, a bit of common sense!!

And if any RST Member has problems with his statements, they can raise them through the RST. Weak state of affairs if the set up is: We'll do this, and then you can complain.

Press spokespeople do not 'shut their lap' they give comments when asked to do so. If you are saying the RST's man must respond to every question put to him by our cretinous media I despair.

Or issue statements when the Organisation decides.

Why not??? Are they somehow above and beyond the organisation?

I don't think I've ever disagreed with a post of yours in every respect quite so strongly. The RST are there for their members, and good luck to them. But they need to get media savvy. Putting forth opinions on this that and the next thing when you and I both know it will be reported as the 'opinion of the Rangers fans' is only going to cause irritation and annoyance.

As has been said many times before, we don't want him because he is not good enough. That is the main reason so many are against him.

Now every time Edgar opens his mouth he comes accross as an idiot...........................saying it has got nothing to do with him playing for Celtic is niave and it'll come back and haunt him. Who out there actually believes him and because he's making eveyone out to be as stupid as he is they'll have a ball in the rags at our expense.

The newspaper seemed to suggest he was talking for the whole support, thus saying most of us on here and in the stands don't like Kenny simple because he's not Rangers class............................another own goal by the self proclaimed Bears mouthpiece.

All he had to say was, we'll support him because he plays for Rangers, end of story, no need to eleborate but hey Edgar needs more so he can puff out his chest.

Another hate filled post directed towards a member of the RST. You must bide your time just waiting for an opportunity to stick the boot in. Shame you write a lot of shite though in an attempt to discredit him. Better luck next time

Bo

hate filled post lol!!!!

you've been spending way too much time on your ff forum and it looks as if the paranoia has taken over you as well.

You say I'm trying to discredit Edgar......................Surely you jest, Edgar does a great job of doing that on his own :rolleyes:

First your in bed with Dingwall and now Edgar, goodness you'll get a reputaton :harhar:

Worst post of the thread so far, congratulations (tu)

I have criticised David Edgar and his statements strongly in the past, and I am a member of the RST. This time, however, I think he has done and said exactly the right thing. He could not say "the fans don't want him because he played for Celtc," if you can't see how ridiculous that is you're beyond help imo. At no time has he said he is talking on behalf of the RST, although anything he says can, realistically, be viewed that way. I have no real problem with this, except when he's talking shite ;)

What he has really said in this piece is "the fans don't like Kenny Miller, but they do like Walter. Because Walter has put his faith in him and he is now a Rangers player, the fans will support him."

Please point out what is wrong with that. <cr>

I think was disappoints me is not the statement per se (although I do think the Trust have said enough on the Miller issue) but the fact there does seem as large an under-current of criticism of the organisation I've ever seen...

They really do seem unsure of their direction at the moment and there appears a lack of leadership in that regard.

Perhaps the SGM will alleviate some of the tension, distrust and criticism of the Trust but, as it stands, it should be concerning to every member that the organisation appears to be floundering.

In saying that, it's vital that if anyone does have any worries or criticism, they manifest that constructively.

Why not??? Are they somehow above and beyond the organisation?

I don't think I've ever disagreed with a post of yours in every respect quite so strongly. The RST are there for their members, and good luck to them. But they need to get media savvy. Putting forth opinions on this that and the next thing when you and I both know it will be reported as the 'opinion of the Rangers fans' is only going to cause irritation and annoyance.

Fair enough, we all have opinions.

By implication the trust should not respond to the press at all, it is always likely to be misrepresented.

But if there are still bears out there who don't know that the press publish a load of pish, particularly when they're writing about Rangers they're hopeless cases.

Dair enough, we all have opinions.

By implication the trust should not respond to the press at all, it is always likely to be misrepresented.

But if there are still bears out there who don't know that the press publish a load of pish, particularly when they're writing about Rangers they're hopeless cases.

Manticore:

I think there is a valid issue here as, previously at least, an unwritten rule of the RST was not to become involved in debates about players. No-one can win on such subjective issues.

Nevertheless, David took the decision to comment previously on the Miller issue but I believe he challenged subsequent criticism by saying he was only giving a personal opinion. That's fair enough. However, this is now the second time he's commented on the same issue when perhaps it may have been more constructive to not be involved again given the same RST/general fan links have been documented again.

It's understandable that the Trust are eager to be quoted in the media. It raises their profile and can increase membership. Usually the media reps do a fine job in that regard. Unfortunately, the Miller issue may have been better left alone given the previous storm in a tea cup.

Frankie...did you have anything to do with compiling the FAQ on the RST site?

I think the original FAQ was compiled before I joined the board. However, I (along with the rest of the board at the time) would have been involved in making any changes - as well as putting together the 'GerSave' FAQ section.

Any reason why you ask?

:)

Frankie...did you have anything to do with compiling the FAQ on the RST site?

I think the original FAQ was compiled before I joined the board. However, I (along with the rest of the board at the time) would have been involved in making any changes - as well as putting together the 'GerSave' FAQ section.

Any reason why you ask?

:)

Just interested as how they would decide on this answer to, 'What is the Trust's stance on racism and sectarianism?' :

'It is up to the Trust as a whole to define and refine Trust policy as time moves on, but initially, our stance is that we are vehemently opposed to both. As far as Racism is concerned, it has no place in football, sport or society...'

Glad to see they are 'initially' 'vehemently opposed'... :)

Strange statement.

Does seem poorly worded actually. Initially is certainly not required.

Could do without everything up to, and including,'initially'. As I say, strange.

To be fair they go on to say:

'As far as sectarianism is concerned, again this is not just a football problem, and of course we oppose it, although do not support allegations that waving the flags of any of our four home countries should be deemed sectarian, and will always defend the rights of Rangers fans to wave these flags. We take the view that denying this right is in itself sectarian. We support full and equal employment opportunities everywhere, with due respect given to all races, colours and creeds.'

hate filled post lol!!!!

you've been spending way too much time on your ff forum and it looks as if the paranoia has taken over you as well.

You say I'm trying to discredit Edgar......................Surely you jest, Edgar does a great job of doing that on his own :rolleyes:

First your in bed with Dingwall and now Edgar, goodness you'll get a reputaton :harhar:

How would you know how much time I spend on FF?

Surely someone so bitterly against its existence wouldn't be spending time there?

And how am I in bed with Dingwall? 'cause I'm not jumping on an RM bandwagon to slate him before we know all the facts?

I've never had anything other than praise for Edgar. He almost always gets the views of the RST's membership spot on and does a damn good job in anoyying the unwashed in the process! ;)

having read the aims of the trust...I see no reference to expressing the opinions of its members on players signed..or anything else relating to team afairs for that matter.

The aim is to "encourage and facillitate supporters of Rangers FC to buy and hold shares....etc"

I'm not a member but I am a shareholder and I get uncomfortable when Edgar speaks - I keep waiting on him making a howler! It seems to me he's on a ego trip, the correct response was that the RST has no comment on the signing of players other than total support of the clubs management in bringing about a winning Rangers.

Guest Andypendek

That's pretty much how I feel, except that I don't want to make remarks about David Edgar when I've never met him or had any dealings with him at all. I am 100% certain he's acting with the best of intentions, and if he makes howlers, well, don't we all?

I'm uncomfortable with the development of the RST as a quote factory for lazy, shyster hacks whose dislike for the Rangers is all too apparent, and that's what I draw attention to, in the hope that they concentrate on their stated aims and ease back on being the press voice of the fans.

This David Edgar guy should pick the bloody team. Sign the players, and get rid of the ones he doesnt want.

Does enough crying in the paper about it.

99% of David Edgar's comments have been superb and have mirrored the thoughts of the vast majority of fans. I just don't think he should have said anything about a potential signing.