The Official Champions League 3rd Round Draw Thread

Boab

Apart from a cup final win against a pub team at Hampden on May 24, that is easily the best thing to have happened for Rangers supporters since Novo's penalty hit the back of the net in Florence exactly 33 months ago.

And the icing on the cake is the game sandwiched between sheepy away and scum away is now at home, and should be fairly comfortable.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from a cup final win against a pub team at Hampden on May 24, that is easily the best thing to have happened for Rangers supporters since Novo's penalty hit the back of the net in Florence exactly 33 months ago.

And the icing on the cake is the game sandwiched between sheepy away and scum away is now at home, and should be fairly comfortable.

What date is it where you are? Have you heard of the 12 monkeys?

The Scottish mhedia adhering to Liewell's every whim?

BTW, love that film

The Scottish mhedia adhering to Liewell's every whim?

BTW, love that film

:lol:

(tu)

alborg BK brushed aside FK Modriča 5-0 in the home leg of their second qualifying round tie on Wednesday to all but book their place alongside the likes of Liverpool FC and FC Barcelona in the next stage.

Dominant performance

Around 6,000 fans were present in Denmark to watch the national champions dominate from start to finish. Andreas Johansson (15), Michael Jakobsen (41) and Simon Bræmer (44) were on target for AaB in the first half, while Anders Due (52) and Caca (89) added to the tally in the second to make next week's return in Bosnia-Herzegovina a formality.

Headed goals

The two opening goals were headers, as Due teed up midfield colleague Johansson before Kasper Bøgelund did likewise for Jakobsen. Two quickly became three when Jeppe Curth nodded the ball down for Bræmer to poke AaB further ahead. The home side began and ended the second half in similar fashion – Due applying the finishing touch to a sweeping counter for the fourth, leaving Caca to deliver the coup de grâce as the Brazilian turned in the pass of the match from Thomas Enevoldsen.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixtu.../report=rp.html

Very good manager, we drew 0-0 and they won 5-0!

We should be gubbing them.

A team no one on here has never heard of before..

And that goes for every supporter in Scotland, if not the uk, goes.

Are you telling me you'e never heard of Aalborg before?

We signed Eirk Bo Anderson from them - how come you've never heard of them?

Jesper Gronkjaer plaed for them as well I think.

very worrying seeing how many people on here think Aalborg are going to be a walk over. They've several good players in Martin Pederson, Andreas Johannson, Jen Christian Sorensen - not to mention the Brazilian Caca.

very worrying seeing how many people on here think Aalborg are going to be a walk over. They've several good players in Martin Pederson, Andreas Johannson, Jen Christian Sorensen - not to mention the Brazilian Caca.

Hardly a walkover, but we've got one of the weakest possible sides considering some of the huge teams in there.

It will be a travesty if Rangers do not qualify.

alborg BK brushed aside FK Modriča 5-0 in the home leg of their second qualifying round tie on Wednesday to all but book their place alongside the likes of Liverpool FC and FC Barcelona in the next stage.

Dominant performance

Around 6,000 fans were present in Denmark to watch the national champions dominate from start to finish. Andreas Johansson (15), Michael Jakobsen (41) and Simon Bræmer (44) were on target for AaB in the first half, while Anders Due (52) and Caca (89) added to the tally in the second to make next week's return in Bosnia-Herzegovina a formality.

Headed goals

The two opening goals were headers, as Due teed up midfield colleague Johansson before Kasper Bøgelund did likewise for Jakobsen. Two quickly became three when Jeppe Curth nodded the ball down for Bræmer to poke AaB further ahead. The home side began and ended the second half in similar fashion – Due applying the finishing touch to a sweeping counter for the fourth, leaving Caca to deliver the coup de grâce as the Brazilian turned in the pass of the match from Thomas Enevoldsen.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixtu.../report=rp.html

Very good manager, we drew 0-0 and they won 5-0!

We should be gubbing them.

A team no one on here has never heard of before..

And that goes for every supporter in Scotland, if not the uk, goes.

Are you telling me you'e never heard of Aalborg before?

We signed Eirk Bo Anderson from them - how come you've never heard of them?

Jesper Gronkjaer plaed for them as well I think.

Over here Aalborg seems to be satisfied with the draw since they avoided the big clubs

but acknowledging that Rangers will be favorites if they find their form

The hope is that Rangers probably will be underating them like Sampdoria did last year.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=_bMai-8zEOI&...feature=related

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=W8nGU0OoVIw

Better hands down.

Beat Helsingborg, AA Gent, Sampdoria And Hapoel Tel Aviv last year. Draw with Anderlecht with 3 on the woodwork and dominating the game. Lost to Getafe and Tottenham after leeding 2-0 in Tottenham. The danish league standard have improved a lot over the last few years and is the strongest Scandinavian League at pressent time with out a doubt.

Better hands down.

Beat Helsingborg, AA Gent, Sampdoria And Hapoel Tel Aviv last year. Draw with Anderlecht with 3 on the woodwork and dominating the game. Lost to Getafe and Tottenham after leeding 2-0 in Tottenham. The danish league standard have improved a lot over the last few years and is the strongest Scandinavian League at pressent time with out a doubt.

have any danish teams ever beaten the mighty glasgow rangers my friend in euro competitions

Not yet. I believe you've meet FC copenhagen, Herfølge and a third team (can't remember). But The Danish team don't consider it en impossible mission, and if you think it's a pub team it won't be impossible for them. In my oppinion chance would be 65-35 in your favour. Keeping in mind league start and all.

Not yet. I believe you've meet FC copenhagen, Herfølge and a third team (can't remember). But The Danish team don't consider it en impossible mission, and if you think it's a pub team it won't be impossible for them. In my oppinion chance would be 65-35 in your favour. Keeping in mind league start and all.

we played fc lyngby in 1992-3 season but game in denmark was played in parken stadium with gers winning 1-0

been in denmark 4 times once when going to goteborg and the three games listed above i love the place and the people are so friendly

Better hands down.

Stop, you're worrying me :(

Better hands down.

have any danish teams ever beaten the mighty glasgow rangers my friend in euro competitions

For some odd reason Celtic seem to appear more often in connection with the CL

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=pAJGgRLuYe0&...feature=related

For a view of Celtic being beaten in the CL by a danish team.

Rangers will be favorites but should not take progress for granted.

if you think it's a pub team it won't be impossible for them. In my oppinion chance would be 65-35 in your favour. Keeping in mind league start and all.

I don't like to even assume we'll get past Romanov B (although we should), but if we do then I'm thinking that Aalborg will be many times harder than Kaunas.

Better hands down.

Stop, you're worrying me :(

You should not be that worried just a bit concerned.

Anyway Aalborg got their first point in the league today after losing their first two

games against fellow title contenders Midtjylland and Brondby.

They trailed 2-0 at halftime against newly promoted Vejle.

According to manager Bruce Rioch a few things had to made clear to the players during

the break and Aalborg continued to win the match 3-2.

Seen together with their 5-0 win in the cl qualification last week they seem to be on the right

track now but not quite as good as last year.

BTW Why all the fuzz over the Liverpool game?

We would have crusified a manager who did _NOT_

rest first team players at least one half in a test match days ahead of a must win game.