****The Official Falkirk v Rangers Thread****

Muff

McGregor, Bougherra, Papac, Thomson, Boyd, Velicka, Lafferty - all good enough to stay.

The rest?

I'm delighted to get the three points - upwards and onwards The Rangers!

I didn't think much of Thomsons display today. He just doesn't seem to have the presence required? :unsure:

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McGregor, Bougherra, Papac, Thomson, Boyd, Velicka, Lafferty - all good enough to stay.

The rest?

I didn't think much of Thomsons display today. He just doesn't seem to have the presence required? :unsure:

hes covering mcculloch

Billy Dodds names Broadfoot as the Sportsound MOTM doh

Surely Lafferty or Bougherra should be MOTM?

Nope. Apart from 1 slip-up Broadfoot was very good today. Bougherra was tidy in everything he did, but nothing spectacular was required of him on his debut.

The rest?

hes covering mcculloch

I don't buy that. I know it's the in-thing to go OTT with criticism of McCulloch, but he was no worse than Thomson today. More of McCullochs tackles resulted in Rangers possession in fact. Thomsons tackling and passing were pretty poor overall.

The rest?

hes covering mcculloch

I don't buy that. I know it's the in-thing to go OTT with criticism of McCulloch, but he was no worse than Thomson today. More of McCullochs tackles resulted in Rangers possession in fact. Thomsons tackling and passing were pretty poor overall.

agreed, Thomson was off form today IMO

The result could easily have gone the other way which is very much the worrying thing. We need a couple of midfielders in before the Hearts game next week.

Broadfoot not getting a mention, thought he did well too.

He's done well in most game's he's played in CB, definitley good cover for that position.

Cover only, nowhere near good enough to warrant being in the starting line-up

Is Thompson ever going to fill a Rangers jersey he is always going on about filling Fergies boots he looked half decent when he joined us but in my opinion he is going back the way.

Is Thompson ever going to fill a Rangers jersey he is always going on about filling Fergies boots he looked half decent when he joined us but in my opinion he is going back the way.

I agree. I think he looked good because he was playing alongside a midfielder with real presence, even though Ferguson hasn't been on top form for a while. Thomson couldn't lace Fergusons boots, never mind fill them!

Happy with the 3 points but as has been said, we need a new midfield! I hope Walt percerveres with Boyd & Velicka & doesn't go back to what he did last season & change the strikers every 2nd game!

We did look more attack minded than we did last season, but there's still this 'must defend' attitude every time the players get the ball. I lost count of the amount of times someone looked to play it back rather than forward.

We also look as if we'll have a solid defensive pairing in Cuellar & Bougerra too....so long as Walt doesn't just throw Weir back in for the sake of it!

Sad to see that Walt decided to throw on Cousin & Adam...players that clearly don't have any long term future at the club, rather than give the promising youngsters like Furman a run out!

A win is a win at the end of the day....hopefully we can build on this now!

I agree. I think he looked good because he was playing alongside a midfielder with real presence, even though Ferguson hasn't been on top form for a while. Thomson couldn't lace Fergusons boots, never mind fill them!

Way too early on in the guy's career to assert the idea that he "couldn't even lace Ferguson's boots". KT has a way to go to reach the standard that Barry has IN THE PAST , but I say there is enough time for him to do so. Plus the fact the Thomson is not strictly the same mould of player as Ferguson is , which will lead to inevitable shortfalls when direct comparisons are run.

Looks to me like he thinks he's made it just because he's joined the Gers! Needs to prove himself a little more if I'm honest!

I know someone that knows him personally, and he's saying that's what he's like in real life too. Also, what's with THAT limp wrist of his???? :shifty:

Again Boydy didnt do too much to inspire me today.....

Thomson will turn good but he's playing alongside McCulloch in the middle doh

and how many times did Boyd slip today ? doh:craphead:

That one when he just had to hit it across to Lafferty summed him up today. I dont care about the knock on for the goal, does anyone think he seriously made it.....i jest!

Velicka played very well and had some good link up with Boyd today but are they all too similar? I think they are with Velicka being a bit more mobile and hence useful! So I would like to see a starting combo against hearts of possible Velicka/Darcheville, Velicka/Lafferty or Velicka/Miller(ok I know it's Miller but you know he'll be back in the team).

Lafferty looked good at times today and will certainly be useful but HE IS A STRIKER!

Bougherra looked very capable today but it strikes me with fear that he played well.....can anyone else see a partnership of Bougherra/Weir for the rest of the season? I'm thinking so and fear Carlos could be away and that was his replacement :( I hope to hell im wrong though!

I really didnt notice McCulloch today, useless in general!

Middle of the park is just shocking atm!