Do you see Naismith as a winger?

Boab

Walter talking about DMB today:

"You could see his worth to the team when he came back in for the Cup Final last season and with our other wider players - Chris Burke and Stevie Naismith - out at the moment he gives us a good option."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1365194,00.html

Walter does it seems but I disagree, he's a striker IMO. While he can play in a 3 and in a front - especially slightly deeper I think if in a front 2. He's not a natural winger.

Walter is in danger of wasting Naisy by thinking he's a winger. Its not his position, it up-front and heavily involved in the last 3rd.

His best position is upfront, but he has played on either wing, as well as in the attacking mid role for kilmarnock, so I don't think he's wasted on the wing. Better than anyone that is playing on the wings at the moment

YES!!!!!!!!!

FFS, he played as effective on the right or left wing for Kilmarnock as he did as a forward running the channels with Boyd at gers

Naisy is one of the few players who is just as affective out wide a he is up front

but we'll question Walter about everything seeing how he is public enemy number 1 - (he shouldnt be MURRAY AND BUM BOY BAIN OUT)

On the left of a 4-3-3 or as a second striker.

He is good as a support striker on the left.

Not a winger in a 4-4-2.

Not a winger but could be used in a front 3, a freeflowing front 3 not 2 restricted wide men.

All super posts IMO.

"You could see his worth to the team when he came back in for the Cup Final last season and with our other wider players - Chris Burke and Stevie Naismith - out at the moment he gives us a good option."

Walter does it seems but I disagree, he's a striker IMO. While he can play in a 3 and in a front - especially slightly deeper I think if in a front 2. He's not a natural winger.

Walter is in danger of wasting Naisy by thinking he's a winger. Its not his position, it up-front and heavily involved in the last 3rd.

He's a striker who can also play wide.

Don't think he'd be best used as a winger in a 442.

He could play as one of the front three in a 433 and I thought he was good there last season.

But he's best used as a striker in a 442.

I thought Naismith and boyd would have made a good partnership as he likes to run the channels and come deep to link up, while we all know Boyd does his best work in the box.

YES!!!!!!!!!

FFS, he played as effective on the right or left wing for Kilmarnock as he did as a forward running the channels with Boyd at gers

Naisy is one of the few players who is just as affective out wide a he is up front

but we'll question Walter about everything seeing how he is public enemy number 1 - (he shouldnt be MURRAY AND BUM BOY BAIN OUT)

He didn't shine on the wing for us last season tbh - did he?, apart from against Hibs away though that was in a 3 and not as a winger in a 4-4-2, while he shone IMO up-front for us against Aberdeen home (not long after he joined) and away at Aberdeen when Lee done his Jackie Chan impression and also when he came on up-front versus Falkirk as a sub where he scored spring to mind.

Smith never said he was a winger...

he said he was one of our wider players which i agree with...

He is a forward that plays best out wide IMO, if thats wide left in a front 3 or running into the channels as a second striker fair enough but he is one of our wider players!

When we first signed him Walter said and I quote (as best I can):
I see Steven as a striker, he can play elsewhere but I see him as a striker

All of a sudden he's a winger.... That's Walter for you.

:(