Is all this activity because the fans threatened a protest?

CF5LOYAL

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

definetly played a part in it.

Yep, must agree.

I think Murray realised how much shit he was in.

What I thought was quite interesting was when he said to Chick Dung " all this has made him more determined"

Maybe we have given Minty the kick up the arse HE needs.

I've no doubts some of the frustration displayed by the fans have instilled the urgency we've seen in the last 2 or 3 days.

While I'm sure all of us will be happy when/if the signings all come to fruition, we shouldn't let them cloud the fact that the mistakes made in the last couple of months were nothing short of incompetence.

It played a huge part. The last thing Murray wanted was protests.

It just goes to show you that supporters can make a difference. Maybe Murray expected the same sort of subdued reaction to the Cuellar sale as he got with the Hutton sale but clearly this was never going to be the case.

I am glad he is investing all of the money back into team but this is only a slight reprieve, if Murray wants the supporters back on side then all aspects of the club have to improve, whether it be marketting, scouting or supporter dialogue. Prove that you have the ambition this club needs and deserves.

I think it was a very calculated move.

Why didnt we sign 2 players then sell Cuellar? Because the fans would have gone nuts.

Sell Player of The Year but soften the blow with these new players. Very clever.

Anyway, the money we have spent (are about to spend) on these midfielders was available before the loss of Cuellar right? And Murray has promised to put all of Cuellars 7.8 back into the transfer market.

So in simple terms we will get our right back and another winger, and still have 7.8Million to spend on a CB?

Surely if we dont go spending this amount on a CB then people will start to believe Cuellar was sold in a business capacity, as it will have increased the money in Murrays pocket.

EDIT : This would also put in doubt who's idea it for Cuellar to go. Murray wouldnt tell fibs would he?!

I dont think its anything to do with the alleged protests but more that all the fans were so angry at the way things have happened in recent weeks!

Kaunas just highlighted how much our midfield was lacking so that was obviously going to be a key area to improve!

Murray said himself all the carry on in the past few weeks has riled him up again and hes more fired up than he has been in years,

I would think he has been to Smith and told him get your finger out...

Going to be an interesting few weeks!

Guest therabbitt
Maybe we should have an official 'RANGERS STAFF PLEASE READ THIS' section.

:)

I was joking about something like this in another thread earlier - a summary section printable for David Murray :lol:

It played a huge part. The last thing Murray wanted was protests.

It just goes to show you that supporters can make a difference. Maybe Murray expected the same sort of subdued reaction to the Cuellar sale as he got with the Hutton sale but clearly this was never going to be the case.

I am glad he is investing all of the money back into team but this is only a slight reprieve, if Murray wants the supporters back on side then all aspects of the club have to improve, whether it be marketting, scouting or supporter dialogue. Prove that you have the ambition this club needs and deserves.

He only has a minority of supporters against him.

listening to his videos on the net there isnt really a lot he's done wrong but he is guilty of letting a few things slide out of proportion. if Cuellar decided to evoke his clause, the club is helpless. everyone claims he wasnt shown the door and i believed that, but surely everyone can understand why he left ??? was a decent decision for both parties really and we all know it was inevitable.

i thought we were in a tragic state but after hearing what the main man had to say, i see his point of view. Infrastructure is healthy, the club isnt in debt, playing European football every year gives us a plus financially and money will be made available for players. Sales of season tickets is best ever, shirt sales is best ever etc. and the youth team does have some good players when you think about it like Furman, Fleck, Emslie, and now this boy fae Valencia. We dont know how long these players have been negotiating for to be honest, but we certainly could have done with them for Kaunas ! i am interested to see what players will be shown the door.

the only thing Murray is guilty of now is refusing to waste his personal fortune on the club, which is now a requirement for a football chairman with outright ownership. Buying a football club is like buying a car, you lose a lot of money for the luxury !!!

it aint a millionaires game now, its a billionaires game that loses hundreds of millions of pounds for control of a football club.

If we can find a billionaire like that who cares for the club i'll be quite happy, but if not, better the devil you know than the devil you dont.

My only criticism is why was all this not done upon the opening of the transfer window, and we'd maybe still be in Europe and resemble UEFA Cup finalists, thats where the board MUST take the flak.

listening to his videos on the net there isnt really a lot he's done wrong but he is guilty of letting a few things slide out of proportion. if Cuellar decided to evoke his clause, the club is helpless. everyone claims he wasnt shown the door and i believed that, but surely everyone can understand why he left ??? was a decent decision for both parties really and we all know it was inevitable.

i thought we were in a tragic state but after hearing what the main man had to say, i see his point of view. Infrastructure is healthy, the club isnt in debt, playing European football every year gives us a plus financially and money will be made available for players. Sales of season tickets is best ever, shirt sales is best ever etc. and the youth team does have some good players when you think about it like Furman, Fleck, Emslie, and now this boy fae Valencia. We dont know how long these players have been negotiating for to be honest, but we certainly could have done with them for Kaunas ! i am interested to see what players will be shown the door.

the only thing Murray is guilty of now is refusing to waste his personal fortune on the club, which is now a requirement for a football chairman with outright ownership. Buying a football club is like buying a car, you lose a lot of money for the luxury !!!

it aint a millionaires game now, its a billionaires game that loses hundreds of millions of pounds for control of a football club.

If we can find a billionaire like that who cares for the club i'll be quite happy, but if not, better the devil you know than the devil you dont.

My only criticism is why was all this not done upon the opening of the transfer window, and we'd maybe still be in Europe and resemble UEFA Cup finalists, thats where the board MUST take the flak.

Good post (tu)

I dont think its anything to do with the alleged protests but more that all the fans were so angry at the way things have happened in recent weeks!

Do you think these are two separate issues :rolleyes:

Of course i do!

The fans were angry and upset long before Cuellar was sold and any there was any talk or protests!

I dont think Murray will be worried that a few keyboard crusaders are threating to protest!

<cr>

He only has a minority of supporters against him.

How do you know that?

The only proof we have to back this up is the poll on here which shows that a minority want him out now!

Good post (tu)

(tu) (tu)

Couldn't agree more. All this talk of assest stripping is noncence.

Also another fault of Murray was his failure too defend us fans when we were being ripped apart.