The signing of Davis is not an issue of transfer fee !

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

see the mail online its not between steve and rangers

Sorry, my enigma code breaking machine is on the blink, care to elaborate?

its between steve and fulham

so wahat about the player we were supposed to sign on "tue" (quote from you) in a previous thread?

Steve Davis' proposed £3million move to Rangers is in danger of falling through, following a snag over personal terms.

The Northern Ireland midfielder was all set to complete a permanent switch to Ibrox, after making 12 appearances on loan for Walter Smith's side last season, following agreement between the clubs on a fee.

Did he not say a while back that terms had been agreed the only thing holding things up were Fulham?

As previously stated it said on Ibrox Uncovered Last night it's basically a done deal, i know who i believe

the deal to buy steve davis is close to falling through due to personel terms according to bbc scotland breaking news

In your only other thread you stated that it was "breaking news" on ITV news that Rangers were set to sign Bresciano, which needless to say was also a load of pish.

Fulham have finally agreed a fee with Rangers to see the Northern Ireland international make his switch to Ibrox, but it is believed that a hitch, which is described as a financial one between Davis and Fulham, could put the deal in doubt.

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=121090

It has nothing to do with the Rangers Davis side. Fulham just sticking the boot in again and being annoying bunch of chunts.

I'm slightly suspicious this is bored journalism as I understood Davis was with the N Ireland squad prior to tomorrows game and that Davis would be with us on Thursday

According to the Evening times Davis has some unresolved financial issues with Fulham, but has agreed everything with Rangers and is expected to sign on Thursday after the international game.

If the problem is between Davis and Fulham, I think it is probably a good guess to believe that Davis is holding out for a pay-off from Fulham as he is being sold without putting in a transfer request.

It is fairly normal (outrageous if you ask me) for a player to have a loyalty bonus written into their contract, and if they stay for the length of the contract they get a bonus. If the player is sold without asking to go, they always ask for their loyalty bonus because it was not their fault they did not complete the contract. I am guessing Fulham are trying to get out of paying the bonus to a player who made it fairly clear he wanted to go, but fell short of putting it in writing. The player then also wants a singing-on bonus from the club he goes to join, and the agent wants a cut of both bonuses.

Not having a go at Davis in particular here, but the whole system stinks if you ask me, and we the punters end up paying for it all.