Kris Boyd

Tumshie

I can't think of one out and out goalscorer that's ever been successful at a decent level since McCoist.

Current day, you're looking at Drogba, Eto'o, Santa Cruz, Van Nistelrooij, Nuno Gomes etc.

They all have more to their game than simply goalscoring.

Yeah! but these guys you just mentioned,all have a few more plusses to their over-all game. (tu)

I would also suggest these guys have had better players roundabout them to support them, flair, pace and skill to support. Actually I think RVN only really added more of a beyond the penalty box part to his game when he moved to Real. He never scored from outside the penalty box for Man U because others provided because they knew RVN stuck the ball in the pokey. Yes Boyd is lazy but frankly unless we splash out £20M on one player we have no chance of getting a Drogba type player. our best hope is to marry two players that compliment each other, boyd has never had a regular partner like Coisty did, we don't have the players to play 4-5-1 they way Man U, etc do, so our best best at this time is 4-4-2 and find a partner to compliment Boyd because he is our best finisher.

Hi! DO long time no speak. I know you love your Boydy(and fair do's to you) but to be honest Boyd has been partnered with some pretty good players

Novo,cousin,JCD,Naismith,Velicka,and my favorite Miller.(don't hit me) and he has succeeded in making everyone of them look terrible. :(

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of one out and out goalscorer that's ever been successful at a decent level since McCoist.

Current day, you're looking at Drogba, Eto'o, Santa Cruz, Van Nistelrooij, Nuno Gomes etc.

Yeah! but these guys you just mentioned,all have a few more plusses to their over-all game. (tu)

I think Fletcher from Hibs has the ability to be a player like those mentioned above, he has the mobility, technique, link-up play and the ability to score different types of goals, if we got offered a decent bid (3M+) for Boyd i'd sell. Fletcher would easily score 25+ goals for us a season.

I would also suggest these guys have had better players roundabout them to support them, flair, pace and skill to support. Actually I think RVN only really added more of a beyond the penalty box part to his game when he moved to Real. He never scored from outside the penalty box for Man U because others provided because they knew RVN stuck the ball in the pokey. Yes Boyd is lazy but frankly unless we splash out £20M on one player we have no chance of getting a Drogba type player. our best hope is to marry two players that compliment each other, boyd has never had a regular partner like Coisty did, we don't have the players to play 4-5-1 they way Man U, etc do, so our best best at this time is 4-4-2 and find a partner to compliment Boyd because he is our best finisher.

Hi! DO long time no speak. I know you love your Boydy(and fair do's to you) but to be honest Boyd has been partnered with some pretty good players

Novo,cousin,JCD,Naismith,Velicka,and my favorite Miller.(don't hit me) and he has succeeded in making everyone of them look terrible. :(

I'm sorry but that is ludicrous. <cr> You're intitled to not like Boyd but its crazy to blame him for other players looking bad, they're all individuals with their own game.

Lets blame Boyd for global warming as well shall we.

The thing that I hate about Boyd is the way he goes down like a wee lassie any time someone goes near him. He needs to stop acting like a bitch and start pushing defenders about the place - He's certainly got the build to do it.

As for his overall performance, he was absolutely dire!

The thing that I hate about Boyd is the way he goes down like a wee lassie any time someone goes near him. He needs to stop acting like a bitch and start pushing defenders about the place - He's certainly got the build to do it.

The champion for that is Chris Burke. <_<

The champion for that is Chris Burke. <_<

But Burke isn't 13 stone and 6 foot tall! A key part of Burke's game is not physical and aerial challenges with opposition centre halves!

Boyd has to fight back (Not using his arms like he always seems to!) and stop just falling to the ground expecting a free kick.

anyone ever considered the fact he hasnt played like he did last season is because he hasnt had the support?

velicka isnt a partnership for boyd, boyd needs a runner, and lafferty isnt a stricker no point in trying him there, try him and miller, and f*uck yous who say miller is a disgrace.

everyone knows that boyd scores the goals when he gets the deliveries!

I'm sorry but that is ludicrous. <cr> You're intitled to not like Boyd but its crazy to blame him for other players looking bad, they're all individuals with their own game.

cousin, JCD, and velicka are not good enough to give boyd the support he needs, i dont recall him playing with miller from that start, or long enough to make an impact, and when novo and naisy are there they copmbine well, so im sorry but i just can agree with you!

Someone should set up a filter on this forum which bans the phrase "goals win games". It means absolutely nothing to say this. The amount of goals a team scores is what determines who wins the game, but it doesn't matter a jot whether you have one player who gets 20+ a season or they're spread throughout the team. A player who scores 10 and creates 10 is just as valuable as a player who scores 20 and creates 0. The team is the only thing that matters.

anyone ever considered the fact he hasnt played like he did last season is because he hasnt had the support?

velicka isnt a partnership for boyd, boyd needs a runner, and lafferty isnt a stricker no point in trying him there, try him and miller, and f*uck yous who say miller is a disgrace.

he is a striker... WS just plays him left mid though

Also, he has never won a 50-50 ball in the air, or on the ground,if he's not off-side, then he's on the ground somewhere claiminig he only had one handful of the defenders shirt,he really is an embarrassment,but the white stick section at Ibrox seem to like him, so go figure.

Did we really have a 3,000,000 pound offer for him? If so the guy who turned it down should never be involved in any future transfers.

F#cken Idiot. doh

I think the falling over thing is really a product of his inability to hold the ball up/take a good touch/win things in the air. He must know his limitations and falling over looking for a foul is the easy way out.

:bouncy: I realise that many Rangers supporters see Boyd as an out n out goalscorer/poacher, but we can't afford to carry a player who doesn't create also. I have never seen him turn a defender, he has a 1st touch like an elephant with a club foot, falls over all the time (like Burke), can't tackle back - play Lafferty through the middle with Novo or (gulp !! Miller). :unionflag:

Also, he has never won a 50-50 ball in the air, or on the ground,if he's not off-side, then he's on the ground somewhere claiminig he only had one handful of the defenders shirt,he really is an embarrassment,but the white stick section at Ibrox seem to like him, so go figure.

Did we really have a 3,000,000 pound offer for him? If so the guy who turned it down should never be involved in any future transfers.

F#cken Idiot. doh

I wouldn't sell him for £3m either, but he does need to buck up his ideas.

his fitness as a professional footballer is terrible!!!!!! and thats with a pre-season under his belt!!! he was blowing out his arse at Falkirk also!!!!!

he obviously like his crub and drink!!!!!!and othwr things which we have heard about!!!! ad snap the hand off whoever offered 3 million!!!!!

Boyd doesn't need a runner Boyd needs 2 learn to run!!! he doesn't need support to be able to do the simple things i.e. control a ball, pass it and most importantly jump for a header. All these things r the very basics and he can't appear to do any of them!!!!

Hes a murder footballer, but a great goalscorer.

He aint going to improve

Is there a place in modern football for the out and out goalscorer though?

If It happens to be their only talent,absolutely not.Our last three managers,plus the last three Scotland managers attest to this theory,and how many bites

From the EPL did we get for Boyd? Walter is simply appeasing the fans by giving this guy a start IMO,and the sooner he's gone the better.

I agree 100% yes he can score goals but in my opinion that is not enough to warrant a first team spot. I was slated on this forum for critising him last season but I have yet to see anything that would change my opinion of him - lazy bstard

I was also at the game - I go to all home games and my impression is Boyd is working herder than ever for the team, has improved his first touch outwith the box tremendously and his general hold upplay is much better - and he still scores goals. He played OK today - not his best (but not his worst) and once he gets a run he will do even better!

As much as I criticise Kris Boyd, I actually agree with this.

he is a striker... WS just plays him left mid though

I criticise Walter for playing people out of position but in the case of Lafferty; he is supposedly a striker but played wide left for his previous club in the championship and wasn't considered good enough to dislodge Blake and Akinbiyi for the striking positions.

I assume someone from the club watched him at Burnley and thought he could do a job on the left hand side and bought for that position.