Players we signed and thought they were going to be good and turned out shite,

pcbear

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonas Thern for me, high profile bosman signing. Rejected huge clubs and was the captain for Sweden.

I remember thinking our midfield is bloody amazing we're going to win the CL now with our midfield of:

Albertz - Gazza - Thern and Laudrup.... of course he didn't do much for us.

In recent memory, Buffel was a huge let down. I was so excited when we got him based on his pedigree and impressive scoring record for Feyenoord. Bresciano could have been the same if we signed him. A name in Europe but might have been another Buffel

I also include Jardel, just because i was so excited when we were suppose to get him then he got his WP declined; imagine how much more we could have achieved with him. He was class for Porto, before he turned into fat bastard. I still have the Rangers news with him featured in it.. lol

Jonas Thern for me, high profile bosman signing. Rejected huge clubs and was the captain for Sweden.

I remember thinking our midfield is bloody amazing we're going to win the CL now with our midfield of:

Albertz - Gazza - Thern and Laudrup.... of course he didn't do much for us.

In recent memory, Buffel was a huge let down. I was so excited when we got him based on his pedigree and impressive scoring record for Feyenoord. Bresciano could have been the same if we signed him. A name in Europe but might have been another Buffel

I also include Jardel, just because i was so excited when we were suppose to get him then he got his WP declined; imagine how much more we could have achieved with him. He was class for Porto, before he turned into fat bastard. I still have the Rangers news with him featured in it.. lol

Thern was a great player for us when Gazza left and his goal against the beggars at Ibrox .................. WOOF! Best hit of a ball I think I've seen!

Going back a wee bit, but Mel Sterland and Dale Gordon. Both if memory serves me right scored on their debuts and then flattered to deceive the reminder of the time with us

Dale Gordon, the 'New Mark Walters'.

Up there with the Stensaas, Wrights and Bolans of the WS 9IAR era.

Going back a wee bit, but Mel Sterland and Dale Gordon. Both if memory serves me right scored on their debuts and then flattered to deceive the reminder of the time with us

Dale Gordon, the 'New Mark Walters'.

Up there with the Stensaas, Wrights and Bolans of the WS 9IAR era.

Can remember that,Sterland scored twice and done the "Aeroplane" celebration Vs Hearts 4-0 to clinch the league

jonas thern was a bit of a disappointment considering he was 1 of the best midfielders around when we signed him scored a cracker against the tims though.

Def agree with rozenthal would throw prodan in the ring aswell n frank de boer is another that springs to mind

jonas thern was a bit of a disappointment considering he was 1 of the best midfielders around when we signed him scored a cracker against the tims though.

Def agree with rozenthal would throw prodan in the ring aswell n frank de boer is another that springs to mind

I have to question all of these, thern i thought was a good player who had injuries, rozenthal never played 90 minutes and Prodan never played any so how could you judge them?

As for Frank De Boer, he played that bad he made it into the Holland squad beacuse of his performances :rolleyes: .

For me it has to be Capucho, never seen a Ger put so little effort in the strip.

I have to question all of these, thern i thought was a good player who had injuries, rozenthal never played 90 minutes and Prodan never played any so how could you judge them?

As for Frank De Boer, he played that bad he made it into the Holland squad beacuse of his performances :rolleyes: .

For me it has to be Capucho, never seen a Ger put so little effort in the strip.

(tu) Rozental scored on his debut and was crocked,Prodan was put through his medical by Mikey from Big Brother,F de Boer i didnt have

a problem with

Van Vossen, that name still sends a chill up my spine.

Yeah mate, you said it.

Certainly have you scratching your head.

My line of thinking is that if you have plenty caps for a BIG country France- Boli, Guivarch, Holland - Konterman, Van Vossen.

You MUST be a top drawer player fuck me there 90 million people in these two countries and we have had 4 of their established internationals, poor poor players for us, weird eh?

Generally agree but remember cheering when he scored a late winner at Rugby Park.

Remember being impressed by Robert Prytz early doors, full Swedish international when he signed but it just didn't work out. Iain Redford was another big money buy around that time who didn't really work out.

Rozenthal ...

He didn't get injured in a match, he got injured by shaggin' a girl he met at a Rangers Party in a hotel on the River Clyde (Can't remember its name)

This story was told to me by a guy i work beside, his previous employer held a party at the same hotel on the same night and this "injury" was seen by a few poeple ... also confirmed, independantly, by some one else i know from the same company.