**US Open thread** (links for tonight in first post)

chewbacca

Edit by Jadams, 09/09, 6.30pm

Links for tonight's match are here:

http://www2.myp2p.eu/competition.php?compe...scipline=tennis

Sopcast and TVU will require a download of the named program. The Media player links just use Window Media Player.

=============================

I was just looking at the latest info as I never knew the other Quarter-final results.

The Semis are below

Rafael Nadal (1) vs Andy Murray (6)

&

Novak Djokovic (3) vs Rodger Federer (2)

I just cannot believe Andy is right up there with the big guns, its amazing! At the US Open a Scotsman is two matches away from winning it. The three best tennis players in the world today and Andy Murray are all that are left. Someone mentioned because of Murrays success so far he is now moving to fourth place in the World rankings. I've followed tennis most of my life and if someone told me there would be a bloody Scotsman as number four in the World rankings I'd have laughed and insulted that persons intelligence.

The other three competitors are literally amazing tennis players on their day and to have a fellow Scotsman matching them and forcing his way into the ranking of fourth best male tennis player alive and playing is such a wonderful achievement.

Very very well done Andrew Murray :clap:

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just looking at the latest info as I never knew the other Quarter-final results.

The Semis are below

Rafael Nadal (1) vs Andy Murray (6)

&

Novak Djokovic (3) vs Rodger Federer (2)

I just cannot believe Andy is right up there with the big guns, its amazing! At the US Open a Scotsman is two matches away from winning it. The three best tennis players in the world today and Andy Murray are all that are left. Someone mentioned because of Murrays success so far he is now moving to fourth place in the World rankings. I've followed tennis most of my life and if someone told me there would be a bloody Scotsman as number four in the World rankings I'd have laughed and insulted that persons intelligence.

The other three competitors are literally amazing tennis players on their day and to have a fellow Scotsman matching them and forcing his way into the ranking of fourth best male tennis player alive and playing is such a wonderful achievement.

Very very well done Andrew Murray :clap:

He's not up there with the big guns, he IS a big gun now. He moved up to 4th thanks to that result in the quarter from what I understand.

I'm amazed at his improvement in only 2 or 3 months.

It's as if the tonking he got from Nadal was the catalyst - a couple of months later he won a masters.

Murray is in the form of his life and from being a nearly man has every chance of actually winning this tournament.

He is playing Nadal at the right time.

He's not up there with the big guns, he IS a big gun now. He moved up to 4th thanks to that result in the quarter from what I understand.

It's as if the tonking he got from Nadal was the catalyst - a couple of months later he won a masters.

Murray is in the form of his life and from being a nearly man has every chance of actually winning this tournament.

I disagree Danny. He'll be a a big gun once he wins a major. And he will. But untill that time he is still 2nd division. Just like Monty at golf. he can compete with the big guns but can't beat em. (tu)

I disagree Danny. He'll be a a big gun once he wins a major. And he will. But untill that time he is still 2nd division. Just like Monty at golf. he can compete with the big guns but can't beat em. (tu)

he's already beaten two of the 3 big guns. I guess to get to the very top level he has to beat Nadal at some point and no better time like today I think.

you can still be a big gun without winning a major, but you would have to consistantly go deep into the tournament and threaten to win them regularly

I'm just deflated after that Scotland match. Awk Christ almighty!!!!!!!!! I just realised Murray always watches the Scotland matches when he can doesn't he??? If he watched that and feels how I feel he's gonna get pumped lol Hopefully he was professional and was out on the training courts for the last two hours.

I'm just deflated after that Scotland match. Awk Christ almighty!!!!!!!!! I just realised Murray always watches the Scotland matches when he can doesn't he??? If he watched that and feels how I feel he's gonna get pumped lol Hopefully he was professional and was out on the training courts for the last two hours.

He'll probably not have watched it, he will be concentrating on himself and his schedule for the day I would have thought it's the biggest day of his career so far